Dining Packages

Euby

I saw in the Indulgences you can get Dining Packages for either Pinnacle Grill (2 dinners) or Pinnacle & Canaletto (1 each). Both packages are about $4-5 cheaper than the standard rate.

Has anyone gotten the packages? Did you notice anything different than if you would have not gotten the packages? (other than price of course)

I am also considering one of the packages but I want to make the reservations on line. My last cruise on the Nieuw Amsterdam it was very difficult to get reservations. Some days, were completely booked, no matter the time. On that cruise we were in a suite but it did not seem to make a difference.

I normally wait until we are on board to make reservations. We usually try to get them on the Formal nights, that way we don't have to pack additional "nice" clothes (2 birds 1 stone so to speak).

I normally wait until we are on board to make reservations. We usually try to get them on the Formal nights, that way we don't have to pack additional "nice" clothes (2 birds 1 stone so to speak).

Check to see if the Explore4 promo is available for your cruise because it comes with a free PG dinner for those who book an outside stateroom or higher category. If it is, you may have a difficult time getting your choice of dining time, or even getting ANY dining time.

I thought that on formal nights you were to be dressed in that manner except for Lido or room service? Euby, did I miss something there that you could share?

Thank you - we are about to take our first HAL cruise too.

I do remember reading that the dining packages require waiting until you are on board to make reservations, but clearly I have no first hand experience.

Oh my :eek: Usually the crowd who prefers not to bring or wear HAL's version of "formal" clothes justifies itself by posting that they will bring "nice" clothes. Now we have gone down one more notch ... someone who does not even want to bring on "nice" clothes (whatever that means ... I suppose it is the opposite of "ugly" clothes?)

Edited by taxmantoo

Oh my :eek: Usually the crowd who prefers not to bring or wear HAL's version of "formal" clothes justifies itself by posting that they will bring "nice" clothes. Now we have gone down one more notch ... someone who does not even want to bring on "nice" clothes (whatever that means ... I suppose it is the opposite of "ugly" clothes?)

I didn't read it that way. I read that they always brought nice clothes but didn't want to have to bring "additional" nice clothes. :)

We are bringing very nice clothes and sport coat/tie for DH. We are looking forward to the whole experience. It just seems that reading a lot of these threads there is some inconsistency what you can wear, and where you can wear it on formal nights. We are excited to be traveling on HAL for the first time - and on a smaller ship. I guess if one does not want to participate in formal nights, that is a choice they can make -even though we are covering our bases with clothes, It would be nice to understand ahead of time the rules of engagement - so to speak. You can eat at PG on formal nights without formal dress? Canaletto?

Oh my Usually the crowd who prefers not to bring or wear HAL's version of "formal" clothes justifies itself by posting that they will bring "nice" clothes. Now we have gone down one more notch ... someone who does not even want to bring on "nice" clothes (whatever that means ... I suppose it is the opposite of "ugly" clothes?)

I didn't read it that way. I read that they always brought nice clothes but didn't want to have to bring "additional" nice clothes. :)

That is exactly what i meant. Thanks for reading the word "additional".

Edited by Euby