Photos for fun

Lois R

:D......I sailed on Carnival with my family in 1992. It was my parent's

50th Anniversary and we had never gone on a cruise together......

It was on the ship "Mardi Gras" out of Pt. Canaveral. They had a bus

that took people from here to there. I have to say we had a really

good time:) (partially due to the ocassion) and at the time my Mom

was in remission from Cancer (or what we thought).....we sailed

in Oct 1992......she died in February 1993......it was definitely

a memorable trip......it was only a 3 nighter....I remember my

cabin was teeney but not as teeney as my sis and bil...they asked

me if I would switch with them LOL......(I did).

But then I didn't cruise again till 2003!........10 years later on CENTURY

and I have never looked back;)

Oh, Lois, you brought back happy memories for me! Our first cruise was a 3-day on the Mardi Gras out of Port Canaveral with my mother-in-law and sister-in-law about that same time. My sister-in-law (who has MS) was using a manual wheelchair in lieu of her electric scooter that trip, and my mother-in-law (who had diabetic neuropathy) was not very mobile. My husband had recently had surgery to repair a broken thumb with metal pins and had a cast on his hand. He would push his sister's wheelchair into the elevator, which would just hold the two of them and his Mom. I would run up and down the stairs to meet them!

We were seated at a large table with six other women, and we all had the time of our lives!!! My mother-in-law had the early stages of Alzheimers (we learned later), and she died a few years later. My husband and sister-in-law still talk and laugh about the fun we had on the old Mardi Gras!

In 2003, my husband and I took my parents on an Alaskan cruise on the Mercury out of Vancouver for their 50th anniversary. Eleven other friends and family members "just happened" to show up at their cabin just before the muster drill! We all loved the Mercury and Celebrity, and have been Celebrity fans ever since.

Thanks for the good memories, Lois!!! :)

Edited by Jazzbo

Oh, Lois, you brought back happy memories for me! Our first cruise was a 3-day on the Mardi Gras out of Port Canaveral with my mother-in-law and sister-in-law about that same time. My sister-in-law (who has MS) was using a manual wheelchair in lieu of her electric scooter that trip, and my mother-in-law (who had diabetic neuropathy) was not very mobile. My husband had recently had surgery to repair a broken thumb with metal pins and had a cast on his hand. He would push his sister's wheelchair into the elevator, which would just hold the two of them and his Mom. I would run up and down the stairs to meet them!

We were seated at a large table with six other women, and we all had the time of our lives!!! My mother-in-law had the early stages of Alzheimers (we learned later), and she died a few years later. My husband and sister-in-law still talk and laugh about the fun we had on the old Mardi Gras!

In 2003, my husband and I took my parents on an Alaskan cruise on the Mercury out of Vancouver for their 50th anniversary. Eleven other friends and family members "just happened" to show up at their cabin just before the muster drill! We all loved the Mercury and Celebrity, and have been Celebrity fans ever since.

Thanks for the good memories, Lois!!! :)

Hi:)...thank you for that story too....:).......seems our lives have

some of the same stuff.....

Today is the 3 year Memorial of my Dad's death....Aug 30, 2011.

The Dr did not say he had Alzheimer's...his death certificate says

"End stage Dimentia":(.......your MIL had Alzheimers all those years

ago?.......Nobody knew what it was back then (as compared to today).

Glad you were able to spend time with your parents for their

anniversay too:)

Here are a couple of pics from our Solstice Cruise in Feb/Mar 2013.

First is of a helicopter on the front Helipad when we had a medical evacuation off the Nth Australian Coast. (Pax not allowed in area so pic is via the in room TV)

ry%3D400

Second pic is of the side of our tour van we were on in Darwin. This tour was to discover facts about the WW2 air raid by Japanese on Darwin ... same aircraft that attacked Pearl Harbour, and more bombs dropped. :eek: Fortunately not as many lives lost.

ry%3D400

cheers

Edited by Flipper133

Lois, nice pics. Did you get to land on a mountain lake in Misty Fjords?

Here are a couple of photos.....this is where we landed....in between

the Fjords:D

3934245865_9369ea2c72_b.jpg

Lois, nice pics. Did you get to land on a mountain lake in Misty Fjords?

I should have said, Thank you:)

The last time I did a crusie to Alaska was Sept 2009 so it has been

5 years. I forgot how much I loved it.....thinking about going in May

of 2015:D

Hi Rich:)....awwww..thanks:).....I guess I don't think of it as brave

though.....Michelle (owner of the company and the pilot) is awesome.

I felt very safe and it really was amazing.:D

Second pic is of the side of our tour van we were on in Darwin. This tour was to discover facts about the WW2 air raid by Japanese on Darwin ... same aircraft that attacked Pearl Harbour, and more bombs dropped. :eek: Fortunately not as many lives lost.

cheers

Many, many years ago I was in Broome, WA. About the only "attraction" was a trip to the airport to see the Japanese bullet holes in the hanger doors :D:D