Luggage Tag Frustration

gsrunyan

Our approach is always 'don't sweat the small stuff'. It will take away from the anticipation and the pleasure that you derive from your cruise.

Just forget all about the tags, the attachments, whatever. You do not need them.

When you arrive at the port, the porter will provide them. Just have your cabin number handy. It is as simple as that. No need to complicate the process and worry about folding, staplers, etc.

Edited by iancal

We like printing the HAL luggage tags. The folding directions are pretty simple. DH likes to laminate them, then punch a hole in the end and feed a quick-tie (cable tie) thru the hole. We wait until embarkation morning to put them on our luggage. I like that the elevator info is printed on the tag (designating F/M/A and deck#) - I like to think that info gets my luggage to the cabin pretty quickly.

I like that the elevator info is printed on the tag (designating F/M/A and deck#) - I like to think that info gets my luggage to the cabin pretty quickly.
IME, it makes no difference. We've stopped printing luggage tags too. No point wasting our own paper and ink on this pointless step.

What makes a big difference to when your luggage gets to your cabin is whether it's on the top of a big pile in the lift lobby on your deck, or on the bottom. If it's on the bottom, it will be the end of the process before it resurfaces. But there's absolutely nothing you can do about this particular lottery.

We like printing the HAL luggage tags. The folding directions are pretty simple. DH likes to laminate them, then punch a hole in the end and feed a quick-tie (cable tie) thru the hole. We wait until embarkation morning to put them on our luggage. I like that the elevator info is printed on the tag (designating F/M/A and deck#) - I like to think that info gets my luggage to the cabin pretty quickly.

I agree - we use luggage tag holders provided by our travel agent instead of laminating; otherwise, we do the exact same thing.