Luggage Tag Frustration

gsrunyan

Solution: never print them out and have the porters tag your bags. :)

This is what we do. It also means I never have to worry about keeping up with the folded tags or having a stapler/some other way to attach them to our bags.

I printed the luggage tags and when I went to fold them, step 1 is " fold on the dotted line." There is no dotted line!!?? What do you use to fold these things?

Glenn:confused:

You must be joking. Look at the diagram: fold in thirds length-wise with the good info on the outside, then fold in half.

Edited by jtl513

We don't have the problem of no lines but for the last four or five years now when we print out our luggage tags we have different number on both ends. Sometimes one is our actual cabin number sometimes not.

Oh lovely. You've just got to hope the stewards get the right cabin.

I got one once that had a cabin number that had no associated cabin. It would have been in a large hallway.

We don't have the problem of no lines but for the last four or five years now when we print out our luggage tags we have different number on both ends. Sometimes one is our actual cabin number sometimes not.

Does the "elevator number" show up. (Ex: the elevator closest to your cabin might be 7F for 7th deck, forward elevator - 7A for 7th deck, aft elevator, etc.)

IF you print your own tags, look them over. As others have reported sometimes the cabin numbers are wrong. I thought it was a bug in my PC as the first tag would be ok but subsequent tags would have non existant cabin numbers. Now I print them one at a time and no problems

I don't go thru the folding process, just grab a pair of scissors and chop um to size and slip into plastic holders which we bought from HAL

Bob

We bought several luggage tag holders from CC and they work great (and are reusable). Really helpful when we had two cruises one day in between. Just fold and slip into holder.

DaveOKC

Ditto, Dave! They work great and we haven't lost one yet (like we have others).

I bought some plastic luggage tag sleeves from AAA while I was there one day. They work great (have lasted 3 cruises with no visible wear and tear :)) and have a plastic loop that attaches securely to your suitcase. Well worth the little bit I paid for them.

We use the plastic sleeves too. When we are flying to the port, we put the HAL luggage tag in the sleeve and then put the hotel information on top of it in the sleeve. We like to have the hotel information easily visible in case a piece of luggage gets lost. When we get to the hotel, we take that information out and our HAL luggage tag is visible.