Possible to Bring More Than One Bottle

zdcatc12

Another post made me think of this. Leaving out of Galveston, parking across the street from the pier. Is it possible to board with a bottle of wine, then get off, go to car, get another, reboard, etc. Or is that something that they would be able to keep track of? Thinking that if you went through a different line, they would be none the wiser.

Pack a bottle in your check in luggage. Carry on a bottle.

Then (if) when they call you to naughty room, play dumb. They'll give you the wine.

Last time I left a bottle of wine in my checked luggage and it made it to our room....along with my carry on wine. ;)

Pack a bottle in your check in luggage. Carry on a bottle.

Then (if) when they call you to naughty room, play dumb. They'll give you the wine.

Last time I left a bottle of wine in my checked luggage and it made it to our room....along with my carry on wine. ;)

I had that luck... once...

Before I messed up and lost both bottles of wine. Packed one in the carryon and one in checked suitcase. Forgot to put both in the checked suitcase for the flight. Airport took the one in the carryon. Then forgot to take the one from the suitcase and put it in the carryon before boarding. Ship took that one:p Live and learn right:D

Edited by cruzn buckeye

You are not supposed to put wine OR sodas in the checked luggage. If my checked baggage arrived with all my clothes soaked with some alcoholics fix, I would be livid. I would do my best to find out who the idiot was that had to break the rules. Please don't play dumb.

Another post made me think of this. Leaving out of Galveston, parking across the street from the pier. Is it possible to board with a bottle of wine, then get off, go to car, get another, reboard, etc. Or is that something that they would be able to keep track of? Thinking that if you went through a different line, they would be none the wiser.

Or..........if you can find a good boxed wine that you enjoy, you can put that in your checked luggage. We bring a 5L box every year, and it has always made it through.:rolleyes:

You are not supposed to put wine OR sodas in the checked luggage. If my checked baggage arrived with all my clothes soaked with some alcoholics fix, I would be livid. I would do my best to find out who the idiot was that had to break the rules. Please don't play dumb.

Ditto! I'd hunt you down and make you pay for cleaning my clothes and replacing all the items irreparably damaged when your wine broke in your suitcase! Carry it on, please???

That would be classified as smuggling.

So everyone who likes wine is an alcoholic? Judge much?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

They would be the wiser because they know you have already boarded the ship once. How would they know? You would have to use your Sail&Sign card to get back on the ship since you would not have the original documents that you used to first check in.

Ditto! I'd hunt you down and make you pay for cleaning my clothes and replacing all the items irreparably damaged when your wine broke in your suitcase! Carry it on, please???

We had this happen, fortunately it was white wine or clear liquor. Carnival cleaned our clothes, it was an inconvenience, but I'd have been pretty upset if the wine had been red!

I have done a few cruises as you can see from my sig, and the last ten at least, we always take TWO bottles of wine each... When i say take, i mean carry them on board through security and screening. Be it Miami, Ft Lauderdale, Port Canaveral, Seattle, there was never, ever an issue. They always allow with no questions ever.

The closest thing we got was a gentleman saying, oh but its one per passenger im going to have to take it, only to smile and say, have a great cruise, allowing us to take four bottles to our stateroom

Hmmm. When I boarded with my family in Miami last month, I had an almost laughable situation where the screeners first separated me from my family, then insisted that I was over the limit because I was carrying on two bottles (one was my wife's; one was mine). After explaining this several times, I had to bring the entire hall to a standstill by bellowing across the room for my wife to join me to "vouch" for the second bottle. At the same time, they were working on convincing the screeners that root beer was, in fact, soda, not alcohol. It took a third screener before they found someone who would agree. I take it root beer isn't common in FL?

Edited by T. Advisor King

I can't vouch for Galveston, but this would have worked in Miami. My wife and I were in the middle of a B2B, with our kids joining us for the second sailing. So we checked in, boarded the ship, then disembarked, went to the Publix, waited for our kids to arrive and then re-boarded. We didn't take any alcohol with us the first time. We picked it up for the second boarding. But there was no way they would have known that when they screened us the second time.

I agree that it is a bit of a "what's your time worth". That said, we were willing to disembark the ship, get a cab and go to the grocery store. I'm guessing we saved close to $200 based on four dozen sodas and two bottles of sparkling wine. But it is also the principle of not getting gouged.

They would be the wiser because they know you have already boarded the ship once. How would they know? You would have to use your Sail&Sign card to get back on the ship since you would not have the original documents that you used to first check in.

Each port is different. In Long Beach you'd show documentation to get into the Dome but not to the screeners.

The VIP/Suite checkin is outside the Dome so the document checkers don't bat an eye seeing any color go thru the doors.

OP- make sure you bring picture ID with you.

Edited by SadieN

Hmmm. When I boarded with my family in Miami last month, I had an almost laughable situation where the screeners first separated me from my family, then insisted that I was over the limit because I was carrying on two bottles (one was my wife's; one was mine). After explaining this several times, I had to bring the entire hall to a standstill by bellowing across the room for my wife to join me to "vouch" for the second bottle. At the same time, they were working on convincing the screeners that root beer was, in fact, soda, not alcohol. It took a third screener before they found someone who would agree. I take it root beer isn't common in FL?

Funny how different some experiences can be. On our last two cruises (from Florida), we carried on "loose" soda cans in a carry-on bag, as well as a bottle of wine, and the bags were never opened. I said both times "that could have easily been beer and liquor and they never would have known". Of course, if I were to try to take beer the next time, it would surely be opened. :rolleyes:

I have done a few cruises as you can see from my sig, and the last ten at least, we always take TWO bottles of wine each... When i say take, i mean carry them on board through security and screening. Be it Miami, Ft Lauderdale, Port Canaveral, Seattle, there was never, ever an issue. They always allow with no questions ever.

The closest thing we got was a gentleman saying, oh but its one per passenger im going to have to take it, only to smile and say, have a great cruise, allowing us to take four bottles to our stateroom

We got stopped at Canaveral last summer trying to board with four bottles. It took a security supervisor to explain that with two boarding passes and two people that added up to four. (B2B)

Wow! Are you an Aristrocrat?

Once you got the lab test back proving it was my wine I would laugh.

S??t happens.

Exactly! Believe it or not people sneak booze on board all the time. Stupid to pack glass bottles, though. But I think it would be the 'smugglers' clothes to get soaked and not someone else's in another suitcase.

Each port is different. In Long Beach you'd show documentation to get into the Dome but not to the screeners.

The VIP/Suite checkin is outside the Dome so the document checkers don't bat an eye seeing any color go thru the doors.

OP- make sure you bring picture ID with you.

I've never sailed from Long Beach. Interesting info though, thanks.

I plan to bring a bottle of wine but my preferred wine only comes in the Magnum size (which is bigger than they allow) - does anyone know (or have an opinion) if they will allow the bigger bottle? We'll be in Ft Lauderdale, if that helps.

Thanks!