Most Travelled

EddieCruzer

This recent thread should help answer your question....

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2103133&highlight=most+travelled

I had read that thread and it talks a lot about folks at the very high end and how many days it might take to get in the top three, but I am interested in how few days it might take to get invited to the Most Traveled Lunch/Cocktail Party.

I had read that thread and it talks a lot about folks at the very high end and how many days it might take to get in the top three, but I am interested in how few days it might take to get invited to the Most Traveled Lunch/Cocktail Party.

I have read here about people making it with somewhere in the 100s (Alaskan cruises) or needing in the 350 or more on some Caribbean cruises, to 400 or 500 on some TAs.

We are at 350 or thereabouts and never have received an invite.

The MTP list depends totally on length of cruise and the itinerary.

On short cruises in the Caribbean and Alaska the number may well be in the low hundreds, while on longer cruises, TAs, etc, at least some number over 500 might (repeat) might make the cut off.

The MTP list depends totally on length of cruise and the itinerary.

On short cruises in the Caribbean and Alaska the number may well be in the low hundreds, while on longer cruises, TAs, etc, at least some number over 500 might (repeat) might make the cut off.

We got the lunch on a 7 night Caribbean cruise with less than 200 days. I only took that cruise because my DS and BIL were on their first cruise. On the longer cruises-we don't stand a chance!

We didn't take our first cruise until 2005 so, unless we live a really long time, we probably won't make it to the Most Traveled lunch or cocktail party. In the beginning our cruises were often quite short and now that we are retired we also like to sail on Cunard because we love their dance floors.

We were invited to the Captain's Party for the most traveled on Cunard on our second cruise, but we have no idea why. It was very elegant and we loved it.

On the Sept 25th cruise on the CB of 4 days the cutoff was 392 but it was only for the top 20 cruisers not 40. The days for the top three cruisers were 1,656, 1,371 and 960.

The following week Sept 29 on a 5 day trip it dropped to 332 & was for the top 40 cruisers. The days for the top three cruisers were 1,664, 1,375 and 969.

The number one place was the same couple who practically sail every month - the others two names were not mentioned on the first leg but the numbers appear to be the same people.

Love the lunch. A cocktail party serving hors d'ouevres after our first seating dinner isn't the same.

I agree. I love the luncheons, but I'm usually tempted to skip the cocktail parties. I'd much rather have the voucher for Crown Grill than the cocktail party, but the luncheon is definitely my first choice.

Edited by Sea Day Cruiser

The minimum for the MT luncheon on the Grand around SA last year was nearly 800. I believe the first TA for the Royal was similar. Both cruises had 1000 or so Elite and another 1000 Platinum.

Seriously? We will probably never make it. :D

We were invited to the most traveled cocktail party on an Alaska round trip from Seattle while I was still Platinum - not yet Elite. I was very surprised to receive the invitation. If you really want to go to one of these parties, you need to pick your cruise.

The days for the top three cruisers were 1,656, 1,371 and 960.

The days for the top three cruisers were 1,664, 1,375 and 969

This would seem to contradict the idea that giving the cruises

away for practically nothing is some genius princess marketing

strategy to attract new cruisers.

That and the comments about the ship not sailing full would more

imply fire sale.

This would seem to contradict the idea that giving the cruises

away for practically nothing is some genius princess marketing

strategy to attract new cruisers.

That and the comments about the ship not sailing full would more

imply fire sale.

Of course there are always going to be the local people that live close to the ship that take advantage of the super discounts they made available. I can't blame them. I have no idea how many new cruisers it did attract compared to other trips but it still seems like a flawed strategy trying to get new blood since how many people are going to fly in for a short cruise? (although I did meet a few, even for the 4 day cruise)

My prediction is that they will be the end of the 4 & 5 day trips but if they do it again I'll be there to take full advantage of the pricing. :D

Love the lunch. A cocktail party serving hors d'ouevres after our first seating dinner isn't the same.

The lunch was always special. The cocktail party was nice but nothing like the luncheon with an officer at every table. I think i would prefer the vouchers for specialty restaurants.

We did hit the jackpot this time. We all had suites so we ate in Crown Grill on embarkation night, had breakfast in Sabatini's every morning, and scored the Chef's Table as a group. But I say again, just the offer of a complimentary dinner was much appreciated, even if not utilized.

I must be alone on this one. I would much prefer having a dinner for my spouse and I to use privately rather than attending the luncheon or cocktail party. I don't usually get to attend -- only have gone to the luncheon 3 or 4 times and a the cocktail party once (which I actually much prefer since you can mingle), but depending on the company at your table they can either be quite enjoyable or quite boring.

I do distinctly remember one luncheon though where our officer (the ship doctor got called away) so we were unchaperoned. Left to our own devices, we had two far right wing table mates and a couple of far left wing table mates that got into an argument about the President. The poor Captain Circle hostess was beside herself. I casually mentioned it to her on the way out and she fretted "Oh dear, they told me never to let Americans talk about religion or politics." That was definitely not a boring lunch though. :)

I must be alone on this one. I would much prefer having a dinner for my spouse and I to use privately rather than attending the luncheon or cocktail party. I don't usually get to attend -- only have gone to the luncheon 3 or 4 times and a the cocktail party once (which I actually much prefer since you can mingle)' date=' but depending on the company at your table they can either be quite enjoyable or quite boring.

I do distinctly remember one luncheon though where our officer (the ship doctor got called away) so we were unchaperoned. Left to our own devices, we had two far right wing table mates and a couple of far left wing table mates that got into an argument about the President. The poor Captain Circle hostess was beside herself. I casually mentioned it to her on the way out and she fretted "Oh dear, they told me never to let Americans talk about religion or politics." That was definitely not a boring lunch though. :)[/quote']

LOL, so very true!