Explorer propulsion problem....

There is not enough information to be so upset regarding missed ports, late port of call or cancel a cruise.

They departed Bermuda because of the weather lets wait for some official announcement on any problems before we become nervous wreaks.

This is a cruise critic board most things get over stated.

True, but the last 9 night Bermuda itinerary did get into St. Maarten an hour late so it will be interesting to keep an eye on it.

Both St. Maarten and Puerto Rico are very short calls already.

There is not enough information to be so upset regarding missed ports, late port of call or cancel a cruise.

They departed Bermuda because of the weather lets wait for some official announcement on any problems before we become nervous wreaks.

Official announcement from RCI? Your kidding right!:rolleyes:

And maybe things would not get overstated if RCI didn't have a history of not being very forthcoming with information.

agreed... hours are already tight

bermuda 8-4

sea day

st martin 1-8

san juan 7-2

labadee 9-4

2 sea days

My only concern is with booking excursions in St Martin.. Hard to do if you get in late and cant plan times for things like going to Maho and tours.

Guess all that is hold til we hear more.

Can we stay in St Martin and skip San Juan entirely ;)

Those doing 9 day, please keep us up to date if possible.

Edited by bermudashorts

agreed... hours are already tight

bermuda 8-4

sea day

st martin 1-8

san juan 7-2

labadee 9-4

2 sea days

My only concern is with booking excursions in St Martin.. Hard to do if you get in late and cant plan times for things like going to Maho and tours.

Guess all that is hold til we hear more.

Can we stay in St Martin and skip San Juan entirely ;)

Those doing 9 day, please keep us up to date if possible.

We certainly don't need to be in Labadee by 9 am, but I suspect that is the one port that RCL would not want to cut short. ;)

does anyone know for sure what is going on with the explorer?

web sites that track ships shows that it is not moving.

does anyone know for sure the eta into bayonne?

Just as long as it is there when I arrive in the morning...all will be

well with me. :) Might be some unhappy disembarking pax that

booked early departure flights, however. :eek:

does anyone know for sure what is going on with the explorer?

web sites that track ships shows that it is not moving.

does anyone know for sure the eta into bayonne?

Is it possible that the ship is just going 4 or 5 nm because they are close to NJ?

My daughter just called. She is going to Captains Corner in a little while. I told her it should be an interesting one if the annoyed passengers attend! LOL

Asked her to video tape if there is anyone carrying on!

She also said they weren't moving at the moment. Captain told them yesterday that the azipod was fixed and at some point they would stop so they could do readings on it. So I guess that's why they're currently stopped. I am sure that I will hear from her again - will keep you posted.

And she is having a great time! Despite the people yelling at guest services that they will never sail Royal again! As they say..........some people make lemonade from lemons and some just people just are sour lemons!!!:D

Thank you so much TRVLMIL for your updates. I am on the phone with my sister. Her daughter and soon to be son-in-law are on the Explorer right now. I'm reading this entire thread to her. My Sister asked me to tell you that your words have calmed and comforted her a lot. Thank you:)

Thank you so much TRVLMIL for your updates. I am on the phone with my sister. Her daughter and soon to be son-in-law are on the Explorer right now. I'm reading this entire thread to her. My Sister asked me to tell you that your words have calmed and comforted her a lot. Thank you:)

Your welcome. No need to worry. Royal left Bermuda early to keep them safe from the storm.

True, but the last 9 night Bermuda itinerary did get into St. Maarten an hour late so it will be interesting to keep an eye on it.

Both St. Maarten and Puerto Rico are very short calls already.

I was on that cruise and it was NO BIG DEAL! There was ample time in St Martin.

Things happen, storms come, in the end the cruise line will do what is safe for the passengers...even though they may line up and complain and swear never to travel that cruiseline again.

Most recent text message from my daughter....she said there are a lot of unhappy passengers moaning and complaining about having their time in Bermuda cut short. Captain informed them that the two other ships that were scheduled for Bermuda diverted to other ports. (Guessing he was referring to the Summit and Breakaway)

My daughter is fine, a seasoned cruiser who is just happy to be on the ship and enjoying every minute. She is looking forward to 70's night and the Quest tonight.

I can just imagine what people will post when they return home! Personally I am very happy that Royal is making sure their passengers are safe. Safety is the number one priority! :)

Millie, I am glad Dana is enjoying the cruise!

I was on that cruise and it was NO BIG DEAL! There was ample time in St Martin.

Things happen, storms come, in the end the cruise line will do what is safe for the passengers...even though they may line up and complain and swear never to travel that cruiseline again.

OK.

But it won't make sense to arrange transportation for 1:30 if the ship is consistently clearing customs at 2:30 on this itinerary.

All aboard is 7:30. I'm pleased that 5 hours was enough for your plans but that may not hold true for others.

Edited by InsideCruiser

OK.

But it won't make sense to arrange transportation for 1:30 if the ship is consistently clearing customs at 2:30 on this itinerary.

All aboard is 7:30. I'm pleased that 5 hours was enough for your plans but that may not hold true for others.

Was on the Explorer last month and we docked a little before one and it was a little after one when the ship was cleared by customs in St Marteen. Really quick clearance

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Your welcome. No need to worry. Royal left Bermuda early to keep them safe from the storm.

Thank you:) My sister just called me - she told me her daughter called a few minutes ago and said it's not as bad as some of the passengers are making it out to be. She is having a blast. They are allowed free phone calls which is great! She is with a group of 26 people and only 2 got sick and they were children. She was going to Karaoke when she got off the phone with my sister...........fun:)

Was on the Explorer last month and we docked a little before one and it was a little after one when the ship was cleared by customs in St Marteen. Really quick clearance

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Thanks for posting, off the ship just after 1:00 would really help with our plans.

Edited by InsideCruiser

This got me thinking...sorry for being a newbie. When on EOS how can you contact family? Do cellphone work or do they have regular phones? :confused:

Cellphones work on Royal ships. You would have to check with your carrier for pricing, but AT&T charges $2.49 per minute and $0.50 per text sent.

Cellphones work on Royal ships. You would have to check with your carrier for pricing, but AT&T charges $2.49 per minute and $0.50 per text sent.

Thanks for the information Bob, it will be good to know when I'm on her in October!! Can't wait!

I just checked on this today with Verizon and it's the exact same as AT&T. $2.49 per min, $.50 per text sent and $.05 per text received.

Sent from my iPad using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

I just checked on this today with Verizon and it's the exact same as AT&T. $2.49 per min, $.50 per text sent and $.05 per text received.

Just don't use any data while at sea. That is very expensive.