Sun, Alaska, mini-suite question.....

wasiii

.....thinking about the Sun June of 2015. Can anyone who has traveled on her for Alaska, shed any light on thoughts about a mini-suite at the front of the ship or aft?

I love aft cabins, but I'm wondering if for this cruise if the side ones might be better?

Any thoughts I would love to hear them.

TIA

wasiii

We've been on the Sun twice, sailing her to the caribbean in aft facing suite 9076 and to Alaska in bow balcony 1002. 1002 and 1202 are set up like the side facing mini's but with just regular bathroom and closet and huge balcony. Both locations were fabulous :) Here are some videos from youtube (not mine).

A couple of trade offs between the side facing and aft facing mini suites. The sides have more separation between the bed and sitting area with a curtain for visual privacy. The stern has a deeper balcony with room for a lounger. The stern balconies have a great viewing range due to the slope of the ship.

stern mini suite 8079

mini suite 1210

mini suite 1208 (don't let title scare you)

The Sun has a very nice observation lounge on deck 12 with it's own deck in front of it. The Sun also has the Great Outdoors on the aft. She's a great ship for Alaska.

This photo shows the suites and balconies above the bridge and the observation lounge and its deck above them.

DSC00640_zpsd5de5af7.jpg

This photo shows stern of the Sun

7b8e58d6-286f-43c8-9d80-0fc8dddb2f2e_zps1ef1b796.jpg

For pricing and space I'd go with the bow balconies whenever available (lol rarely) ... I think for the stern view which I really love I'd go with the stern mini suite on the Sun since there are other places for forward viewing.

• 5 weeks later...