Regal Princess Night Sky Lounge

azdmelani

I can't imagine paying to enter a nightclub to buy drinks! Unless the drinks will be complimentary after the nominal fee. Somehow I don't think so! :eek:

Drinks may not be free, but according to the press release they will be "glowing."

I can't imagine paying to enter a nightclub to buy drinks! Unless the drinks will be complimentary after the nominal fee. Somehow I don't think so! :eek:

Cheers, Denise

It can't be as bad as paying for a chair with a shade over it next to a windy pool, all yours for a $100 a day

A "South Miami" vibe - do they mean like Little Havana?

I think they may have meant South Beach...Guess the drinks start at $19 and of course there will be a doorman to keep the wrong people out! You know, the ones wearing sneakers and the wrong jeans.

I think they may have meant South Beach...Guess the drinks start at $19 and of course there will be a doorman to keep the wrong people out! You know, the ones wearing sneakers and the wrong jeans.

I remember those younger days of mine when I did the South Beach thing. A high cover charge & expensive drinks, only did that once, never again.

We don't think this idea will fly either.

I'm guessing this won't work either. However, I seriously doubt they're trying to appeal to the "typical" Cruise Critic demographic. I know there are folks on these boards of all ages, but it seems pretty obvious to me we avid cruisers tend to be past our "chic club days". ;)

As has been stated previously, I'm sure the intention is to only have this during the Caribbean season. If Princess is able to attract a significant number of younger passengers to it's newest ship you never know.....

Having said all that, my skepticism as to whether or not they can pull this off remains firmly in place.

It can't be as bad as paying for a chair with a shade over it next to a windy pool, all yours for a $100 a day

Nice! I've wondered about that. It just seems crazy to me but, to others, it seems to be a great thing. Maybe the new extra-cost outdoor nightclub venue will fly after all.

Are we against the fee or the whole concept? Of course Princess is trying to attract a younger crowd. They are the next generation to pay the bills. :) If against the whole concept here's an idea. Nothing worse then a bunch of older folks getting out on the dance floor and dancing the night away in a hip Miami style night club. Standing at the bar talking about hip replacements I can see it now. LOL That will close it down. BTW I'm 68.

Are we against the fee or the whole concept? Of course Princess is trying to attract a younger crowd. They are the next generation to pay the bills. :) If against the whole concept here's an idea. Nothing worse then a bunch of older folks getting out on the dance floor and dancing the night away in a hip Miami style night club. Standing at the bar talking about hip replacements I can see it now. LOL That will close it down. BTW I'm 68.

They might trying to attract a younger crowd but they'll have an empty dance floor for a while waiting. :D

Hi All

My thoughts

First good that Princess is trying to come up with new ideas

The idea itself not bad one problem l see is the Miami nightclubs that l did not get into were full of young sexy girls and guys with to much money not seen this type of passenger on Princess

Then there s the idea of a charge very bad ideas

Yours Shogun

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Forums mobile app

On our Royal Princess Caribbean cruise, we saw the Lido deck come alive at night during Latin Party night. There were people of all ages dancing to the music on the Fountain floor. They danced to a live band and a DJ.

Princess now wants to do a night club venue, one night on the Regal Princess one week Caribbean cruise.

There isn't as much deck space to dance in the Retreat Pool area, so the fee may be applied to cut down on overcrowding. If it is a cover that includes a drink purchase then perhaps it will work. There are a lot of new cruisers taking the place of the cruisers that aren't happy with the ship amenities.

Weather and wind could always affect the experience, but I think we would enjoy dancing under the stars :D on a beautiful evening.

The seven day Caribbean cruises attract all ages.

Not against the concept and maybe not against the fee. Wondering what time the event would start and how long would it last. If this took the place of a free entertainment event that evening then I would be against a fee. If it was in addition to the "normal" evening entertainment, then it would be no different than choosing to eat at a specialty restaurant. You have all the free dinner options and you should have all the free entertainment options. Perhaps the event would start at 10:00pm, the time evening entertainment usually starts at Skywalkers on other ships.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Cruises now have a deck party one night where you can dance under the stars on a beautiful evening (weather permitting).

I wonder if this will replace those?

So now there can be 2 nights of dancing......a dance party on the wide expanse of Lido deck and a night club on the 17th deck.:p :D