How to get luggage tags?

Hroswitha

Fairly experienced cruiser here, but first time on Celebrity--and I can't figure out how to get luggage tags.

I've completed the online check-in (including financial stuff and all other requested info) and printed our Express Pass, and we sail a month from today--so we're well within the prescribed time period. Our Express Pass contains the image of a luggage tag but states that this is not a real one.

I can't find a link or any other clue how to get the real ones. It CAN'T be this complicated, can it??

Thanks in advance for any advice!

Log in to your cruise. Go to Online Check In. There should be a link there to order luggage tags. If you're within 10 days of sailing you won't be able to order tags. We have sailed without preprinted luggage tags & had no problems. We got them from a porter. If you do this, bring a Sharpie pen so you can write easily on the tags.

Thanks for your reply, Janine. That's pretty much what I expected, but although I've long-since completed the check-in and printed our Xpress Pass, there is simply no link on the page for ordering tags!

Under FAQ's it says eDocs have to be issued first--are they the same as an Xpress Pass? If different, when and in what form should we expect them? Since we sail a month from today, we would seem to be in the proper time window to order the tags.

I, too, have sailed without preprinted tags, but it's an insecure feeling on a new-to-us line when things don't seem to be falling into place the way one would expect.

I'm sure we'll have a great cruise, though, with or without the tags.

Thanks for your attempts to help, happicruzer and rucruisn2, but it still isn't working.

Attempting to view my reservation online just sends me in a vicious circle back again to the login page, where it again asks for my booking number, last name, and so forth.

Scrolling down to the bottom of my check-in page shows information ABOUT luggage tags but offers no link or other way to actually get any!

After hearing so many good things about Celebrity, I really want to love it. But our experience since booking in March has just been one frustrating and bewildering glitch after another, both technical/computer related and human. Never experienced anything like this in eight previous cruises on other lines.

Guess I'll just have to be glad the site has not deleted our reservation--yet! We're still expecting to have a wonderful cruise...if we're ever able to board!

Thanks for your reply, Janine. That's pretty much what I expected, but although I've long-since completed the check-in and printed our Xpress Pass, there is simply no link on the page for ordering tags!

Under FAQ's it says eDocs have to be issued first--are they the same as an Xpress Pass? If different, when and in what form should we expect them?

The eDocs contain the cruise contract and are typically issued later than the Xpress Pass.

It is a much larger document than the Xpress Pass.

The Xpress Pass is essentially your boarding pass.

Most passengers print out only the first page of the Xpress Pass to bring along and do not print the eDocs at all.

(The exception would be if you ordered transfers or hotel rooms from the cruise line, in which case you would want to print the vouchers for those.)

Once you receive the eDocs, you should also have a link with an option to order luggage tags, if you should wish to have them mailed to you in advance to bring along from home.

But as others have stated, it is not necessary to bother with luggage tags in advance at all. It is easiest just to get your bags tagged at the port when you check them in.

Thanks for your attempts to help, happicruzer and rucruisn2, but it still isn't working.

Attempting to view my reservation online just sends me in a vicious circle back again to the login page, where it again asks for my booking number, last name, and so forth.

Scrolling down to the bottom of my check-in page shows information ABOUT luggage tags but offers no link or other way to actually get any!

After hearing so many good things about Celebrity, I really want to love it. But our experience since booking in March has just been one frustrating and bewildering glitch after another, both technical/computer related and human. Never experienced anything like this in eight previous cruises on other lines.

Guess I'll just have to be glad the site has not deleted our reservation--yet! We're still expecting to have a wonderful cruise...if we're ever able to board!

My celeb rep sends the good quality ones to me in the mail and i get as many as i request per person. YOu can print them out too but the computer paper isnt that strong and that could result in lost luggage. Call celebrity and request them even if you booked through a TA they will send them out :)

We sail 9/26 and I haven't gotten mine either. I called last week and they said because I booked my flights with choice air it takes longer but that I should expect them to come in an email about a month out whereas those who don't book choice air get their email about 40 days out.

I sure hope I get the email this week as we fly out 9/20!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

At least now I understand the difference between an Xpress Pass and eDocs.

And it appears that the reason I can't order luggage tags is that our eDocs have not yet been prepared even though I've printed our Xpress Pass and our cruise is just 26 days away.

And the missing eDocs--rather than the lack of luggage tags--is probably our bigger problem! I'll phone Celebrity tomorrow and see what I can find out. (We have not booked air through Celebrity, so that's not the problem in our case.)

Thanks to all who've tried to help.

Edited by Hroswitha
Missing information

Unfortunately, the Celebrity website is dreadful and has been so for years.

Do not worry. Just show your Xpress Pass with your passport, the only things you need to be able to board.

(Actually, you only need the passport since you will still be able to board even if you should lose the Xpress Pass.)

No need to waste your time with bothering to bring luggage tags from home either.

It takes me less than a minute to fill out and attach 4 luggage tags at the pier when I do it myself, and the porters can do it even faster.

Once you step on board and someone greets you a big smile and a Welcome Aboard drink, everything will be fine.

Have a wonderful cruise!

Cannot find any link so rang Celebrity and was informed e booklet with flight tickets as well all the other documentation will not be ready until end of next week . Why can't they just sort out the problems on thier website!!

We did think it was something to do with us living in the UK perhaps not !?

Scotslizzy

At least now I understand the difference between an Xpress Pass and eDocs.

And it appears that the reason I can't order luggage tags is that our eDocs have not yet been prepared even though I've printed our Xpress Pass and our cruise is just 26 days away.

And the missing eDocs--rather than the lack of luggage tags--is probably our bigger problem! I'll phone Celebrity tomorrow and see what I can find out. (We have not booked air through Celebrity, so that's not the problem in our case.)

Thanks to all who've tried to help.

You can complete and print your Xpress Pass, but if you haven't filled out the credit card information, the eDocs and luggage tag buttons don't appear. Last night I was able to order luggage tags and print my eDocs right after I added the credit card info, and yesterday was exactly 49 days out.

Cannot find any link so rang Celebrity and was informed e booklet with flight tickets as well all the other documentation will not be ready until end of next week . Why can't they just sort out the problems on thier website!!

We did think it was something to do with us living in the UK perhaps not !?

Scotslizzy

I am also in the UK and checked in on-line some time ago for cruise departing 20 September 2014. Credit card details provided, seapass printed off but no Edocs available until today

Now printed off and luggage tags requested:D

I'm afraid your TA is wrong about the three weeks, my cruise is a month away. I've had my luggage tags for a week already :)

As others said the link will not appear until your edocs are ready and you need to fully complete online check in.

For those in the UK your luggage tags are sent from within the UK :)