Valor sail dates have disappeared

Spudder

I just got off the phone with my PVP. I was attempting to book the May 10 Valor cruise after pricing it last night. She told me that my sailing was "locked" until 5 pm today due to a ship change. Supposedly, I will be able to book the sailing on the new ship this evening. So, for those who have questions about ships and itineraries, the answers should theoretically be available soon. I just hope the prices don't go up due to this change - I don't care what ship I'm on, but I would have booked last night to "lock in" that rate had I known this was going to happen. Lesson learned.

Edited by agp_mzk

Just got the email about switching from valor to liberty. I'm in a 6k so I'm really disappointed. No idea what a comparable room will be. If I'm not in a balcony at the same price I am going to cancel. No way I'm being moved down without a credit or paying more for a balcony.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Not happy about this change. We are cruising Nov 2015 with a group, some of which did NOT want Carnival. The 2.0 upgrade is one of the reasons they agreed. Not they are switching to a non upgraded ship. Hoping for a price reduction. At this point I'm paying $919,00/ pp for a ship that doesn't have the 2.0 upgrades grr. Anyone know if the cheers program is on the Valor. If not, that may be the nail in the coffin for them. :eek:

Sent from my KFTT using Forums mobile app

Just got the email about switching from valor to liberty. I'm in a 6k so I'm really disappointed. No idea what a comparable room will be. If I'm not in a balcony at the same price I am going to cancel. No way I'm being moved down without a credit or paying more for a balcony.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We were in a 6k as well. Just got another email saying that we now have an 8d on the lido deck near mid ship. Im still disappointed as I had chosen that room specifically.

I just got off the phone with Carnival. I am also on the same cruise as Spudder. They are claiming it is a problem with my computer. That something isn't compatible on my computer, that's why I can't see them. It not just March 22, 2015 that is missing. It is everything from March 22 on that's is missing. That would be a really long 1 year drydock.

They can look up and find all those cruises, but they can't reprice them because they are claiming they are SOLD OUT. Really all of them starting with March 22, 2015 is Sold Out!!! Yeah! Right! Just can't be. Has to be a problem on their end not mine. Hopefully they will reappear later.

Sharon

Wow... such great customer service.

Wonder if she will get the 2.0 upgrades. That would leave just the smaller Sunshine with those features out of Port Canaveral.

Spoke with my PVP and she said a drydock for the Valor is not on the schedule for anytime soon.

I reluctantly switched over to the Sunshine and being kicked to the curb off the Liberty.

Spoke with my PVP and she said a drydock for the Valor is not on the schedule for anytime soon.

I reluctantly switched over to the Sunshine and being kicked to the curb off the Liberty.

My cruise is October of next year. I wonder what your PVP's idea of "soon" is.

We too are switched from the Valor to the Liberty. I am ok with it as long as we get our same cabin area. We have 3 balconies side by side and one interior across the hall for our children. The upgrades will be nice, but this is such a port intensive itinerary that we won't be on the ship long enough to enjoy them! Only 1 sea day on our cruise.

Sorry to all the people who feel like they are getting a downgrade! I don't think I would like it if I was on the March 22 sailing out of San Juan! Losing most of the ports and getting sea days instead.

We got switched from the Liberty to Valor. I'm not happy and will cancel. Chose the Liberty because of 2.0 upgrades. We have not sailed on a ship with upgrades yet. At this point I may be done with Carnival. We sailed Alaska in July and Ketchikan was cancelled.

So I just got the email saying that my Sept. 2015 Southern Caribbean cruise on the Valor has now changed to the Liberty. Now, I wouldn't be angry normally, as this ship has the 2.0 upgrades, but I had specifically chosen a 6K on the valor! Looking at the Liberty deck plan, it appears it does not have that, can anyone confirm or deny that? And if I do stay with the same cruise, what will they put me in? They have to give me the next class up, right? That would make it a balcony. Not sure I would like that the same though..

I have the same situation. Liberty does not have 6K. I wanted the larger cabin. As I explained to my PVP when I booked both of the 6K cabins, I wanted a bigger room not a balcony. AUGH!!!!

Not happy about this change. We are cruising Nov 2015 with a group, some of which did NOT want Carnival. The 2.0 upgrade is one of the reasons they agreed. Not they are switching to a non upgraded ship. Hoping for a price reduction. At this point I'm paying $919,00/ pp for a ship that doesn't have the 2.0 upgrades grr. Anyone know if the cheers program is on the Valor. If not, that may be the nail in the coffin for them. :eek:

Sent from my KFTT using Forums mobile app

They have cheers on the Valor.

Wow... such great customer service.

There certainly is head scratching material as to why they seem to shoot from the hip with these types of things. I would love to be a fly on the wall in the meeting room where these types of decisions are made.

There certainly is head scratching material as to why they seem to shoot from the hip with these types of things. I would love to be a fly on the wall in the meeting room where these types of decisions are made.

As with most corporations, the front line/customer facing workers are always the last to know. The information trickles down slowly and inefficiently. When I was in customer service, we often learned about these type of things FROM a customer calling in!!!

I just got off the phone with my PVP. I was attempting to book the May 10 Valor cruise after pricing it last night. She told me that my sailing was "locked" until 5 pm today due to a ship change. Supposedly, I will be able to book the sailing on the new ship this evening. So, for those who have questions about ships and itineraries, the answers should theoretically be available soon. I just hope the prices don't go up due to this change - I don't care what ship I'm on, but I would have booked last night to "lock in" that rate had I known this was going to happen. Lesson learned.

I am in the same boat (ship) as you but for a different date. Was going to book this week and now hoping no price increase with the change to Liberty. So much for my hours of research on the Valor reading reviews and trip reports! At least the itinerary seems to be staying the same so some of my research is still usable. Off to check out info on the Liberty!