Actual times at ports

koss78b2

Ok I like to know about the actual time i will have at specific port. For example for St Maarten, says time 8am to 5pm.

However in side part of side on Norwegian, says can take up to 2 hours to get off ship and all passengers must be back on ship 2 hours prior

so does this trim time from 10am to 3pm?

for all of you who been to St Maarten on a cruise what was your time lines you were off and on the ships?

Thanks

Ok I like to know about the actual time i will have at specific port. For example for St Maarten, says time 8am to 5pm.

However in side part of side on Norwegian, says can take up to 2 hours to get off ship and all passengers must be back on ship 2 hours prior

for all of you who been to St Maarten on a cruise what was your time lines you were off and on the ships?

Thanks

The two hour windows refer to your original port of embarkation and your ultimate disembarkation port, not your ports of call.

Typically you'll be able to disembark in a port of call like St. Maarten within 30 minutes of the ship's arrival, and normally you have to be back on board 30 minutes before the scheduled sailing time. The ship will provide exact information on how long before sailing you have to be back on board, so please pay attention to the notices in your daily ship's newspaper, any announcements and signs posted at the gangway.

At a port where the ship docks at a pier, like St Martin, once the ship is cleared by the local officials, you can just walk off. Should be quick and easy. However, at a port that requires you to take a tender, there could be a wait to get off the ship.

As far as getting back on 2 hours prior to sail away - never heard that before. Every ship we've been on has been "all aboard" a half hour before sail away.

Thanks

Not sure what "in side part of side" is, but generally on embarkation day (when you're first getting to your original part), you should plan to be there at least a couple of hours (I would even give it more time) to get checked in, passport checked, credit card swiped, etc.).

For any ports you're visiting, as others have said, as soon as the port master has cleared the ship, passengers could start getting off (disembarking). Of course, some passengers may try to get in line early, while others just wait a while (have breakfast, etc.) before getting in line at the gangway.

For a tender port (where the ship is anchored off from the pier), usually certain passengers have priority (if they have booked a ship's excursion, have a major level of cruise line loyalty, in a high category cabin) as the tenders hold only so many passengers at a time.

Usually the all aboard is a half hour before scheduled sailaway. Do not fail to be back on board by this time. We usually get back on board at least an hour early.

On the final morning of the cruise, it may take a couple of hours to get off the ship. So don't schedule any early morning flights, even if the itinerary has the ship being back at 7am.

Thanks

Ship arrives at 8 AM -- you have to wait for the local authorities to clear the ship -- can take a few minutes -- not 2 hours. If we are going out on our own, we wait until about 9 to leave the ship. That gives time for the majority of the people on ship's excursions to leave and the gangway won't be as crowded.

Ship leaves at 5 PM. You need to be back on the ship by 4:30. If we are out and about on our own, we always make certain that we are back at least 1 hour before the ship sails.