Baggage weight limit.

Does anyone know how strict carnival is with baggage weight. My bag is below the size limit but may go over the 35kg limit. Thanks.

I don't know how strict Carnival are, but I do think if possible you should go to two bags, think of the poor baggage handlers.

Edited by GUT2407

If over 35 kg it becomes a risk for who ever has to lift it so yeah I would go two bags. You can take as many bags as you like (unless flying).

It was flying that made me say "if possible" but with hindsight, may well change that to "make it possible or lighten the load".

The other thing to think about is that if your bag is overweight and damaged the company is entitled to say "bad luck" and mot compensate you for any damage.

This is from the Carnival Australia FAQs...

Q: How much luggage can I bring?

A: We recommend no more than two (2) bags per person. Each bag can be no bigger than 140cm x 60cm x 40cm and cannot weigh more than 32kg. It is important to remember that airlines may have different luggage restrictions.

Hope that info helps.

If over 35 kg it becomes a risk for who ever has to lift it so yeah I would go two bags. You can take as many bags as you like (unless flying).

Most airlines would not allow a 35kg bag. I got pulled up a few years ago for 31kgs, and had to remove 1kg to my carry-on.

DW suggested taking half the stuff out of your bag and leaving it at home. :eek:

I'm not sure if that is helpful for you. :)

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Yep... sounds like a plan :D I'm probably not being helpful either - but splitting it between two bags - makes sense - if you can't lift it - others can't shift it - that's my rule of thumb :p

Edited by dizzy1948

Yep... sounds like a plan :D I'm probably not being helpful either - but splitting it between two bags - makes sense - if you can't lift it - others can't shift it - that's my rule of thumb :p

thats why bags get damaged as they are too heavy and the passenger gets upset and tries to blame the cruise line but they should be blaming themselves.....dont over pack and you can do a wash onboard

At the moment I can still lift it with one hand so maybe its not as heavy as I thought. 😊

as said think of the baggage handlers, if its too heavy they will throw the bag around and thats how they get damaged

Probably worth checking your terms and conditions or if there is a frequently asked questions area for your cruiseline. We always try to keep ours at airline weights but earlier this year on Cunard you could take as many cases as you could manage but each could not weigh more than 20 kg.