question about booking B2B vs. 14 day cruise

Arlened236

I tried to book an accessible cabin on a 14 day Caribbean Adventure on the Emerald Princess for Feb. 2016 (thru my TA) and was told that none were available..but if we booked two seperate weeks they were. Somehow this does not seem right. When I check the 14 day cruise the accessible balcony cabins are sold...but individually they are all available except the one I have booked.

The two seperate 7 day cruises cost more combined than the 14 day cruise, I loose internet minutes, and Military benifits and stock credit are less...is this Princess' way to make more money...don't think its right. Many non accessible cabins are available to book for the 14 day cruise...Seems like discrimination against someone that needs an accessible cabin.

I hope Princess reads CC and will answer my question.

You need to put pressure on your TA to contact Princess and have them release the cabin you want and make it available for the 14 day cruise. I have booked cruises where they showed no cabins available for the 14 day and when the TA contacted the correct person at Princess, they released the cabin and I was able to book the cabin for 14 days in order to get a cheaper price and more OBC. Good Luck getting your cabin

We are a couple who requires an accessible cabin due Dudettee's MS. The odd occasion we have ran into the issue you raise. You really need to insist that your TA contact Princess; when she/he does so it has been my experience that they will make the cabin you want available for the 14 day itinerary. Some fringe cruise agents cringe at having to contact the cruise line or feel it takes up to much of their time but a good one knows which buttons to push and will get it done.

I tried to book an accessible cabin on a 14 day Caribbean Adventure on the Emerald Princess for Feb. 2016 (thru my TA) and was told that none were available..but if we booked two seperate weeks they were. Somehow this does not seem right. When I check the 14 day cruise the accessible balcony cabins are sold...but individually they are all available except the one I have booked.

The two seperate 7 day cruises cost more combined than the 14 day cruise, I loose internet minutes, and Military benifits and stock credit are less...is this Princess' way to make more money...don't think its right. Many non accessible cabins are available to book for the 14 day cruise...Seems like discrimination against someone that needs an accessible cabin.

Though you will lose $50 for both your military and shareholder benefits, you will actually have 50 more internet minutes for two 7 day cruises (150 min x 2, vs 250 for the 14 day cruise). Also, once you become elite status, you will double your mini-bar set ups and your free winetastings (one per cruise). Also, your B2B's counts as two cruises toward your 15 to reach elite. Also, when you hit 21 cruises, you will have loyalty OBC starting at $25, which is given to you per cruise. Small things I know, but I look at this all the time, including future cruise credits, to see which may be the better deal (all as one cruise, or broken down into B2B segments). Also, if you may be able to take advantage of a price drop on a particular 7 day segment which may not be available for the 14 day.

I appreciate everyone's input...I just sent an email to our TA (she is a good one) asking her to check with Princess again.

As for the mini-bar and wine tasting x2...I can't drink due to medication and my husband drinks very little so this is not a factor for us...we are Elite already so very little witll change for us either way. Except for using 4 future cruise credits for the B2B.

We always book this far in advance so we get the accessible cabin we prefer.

This really surprised me that the web site shows all the balcony accessible cabins but the one we booked available on the B2B and none available on the 14 day. Just seemed discriminatory to me.

Arlene

Though you will lose $50 for both your military and shareholder benefits, you will actually have 50 more internet minutes for two 7 day cruises (150 min x 2, vs 250 for the 14 day cruise). Also, once you become elite status, you will double your mini-bar set ups and your free winetastings (one per cruise). Also, your B2B's counts as two cruises toward your 15 to reach elite.

Even when booked as a single cruise:

o You will get the cruise credit for each segment. If it does not happen automatically, call Princess when you get home.

o There will be for elite a new mini-bar setup on each segment

o The number of internet minutes will be based on each segment

o Elite will be invited to the wine tasting each segment

You need to put pressure on your TA to contact Princess and have them release the cabin you want and make it available for the 14 day cruise. I have booked cruises where they showed no cabins available for the 14 day and when the TA contacted the correct person at Princess, they released the cabin and I was able to book the cabin for 14 days in order to get a cheaper price and more OBC. Good Luck getting your cabin

I had the same experience when I booked the Regal for 2015 Caribbean. Actually I called Princess, even though I was going to book through my TA and reasoned with them and they gave me the cabin I wanted. My TA was surprised they did it. Hope they will for you. I think it's ridiculous to show the cabins as sold for,the 14 day and available for the two 7 day.

As others have indicated, put your TA to work for you. A few minutes on the phone with Princess should get these two booked as one cruise for the purpose of the Shareholder's Credit, Military Credit and pricing. You will still receive 2 cruise credits on this booking - if it doesn't show that way just talk with the Captain's Circle host on board or contact the CC dept after you complete your sailing.

We've had "regular" cabins that were blacked out for a 14 day, but available for each of the 2 weeks, and Princess has allowed us book the cabin under one booking number. Took a few minutes on the phone, not because we had to beg, but because of the way that the Princess reservations system seems to work - they have to do a few more things behind the scenes to get it to 'take'.

I think it's ridiculous to show the cabins as sold for' date='the 14 day and available for the two 7 day.[/quote']

As long as the same cabin number is available for both weeks you'll be able to do this according to my TA. :)

Often this isn't possible when you are picky about your cabin location. :o

LuLu

Edited by OCruisers

We have the same accessible cabin booked for both weeks ( the only one that shows as booked). I would prefer to only use 2 FCC on this cruise not 4.

Our TA is going to call on Tuesday, if that does not work I will call. From past experiences with Princess every agent reacts differently.

Thanks again for your input, it helps to know others have dealt with this issue before.

Arlene

Even when booked as a single cruise:

o You will get the cruise credit for each segment. If it does not happen automatically, call Princess when you get home.

o There will be for elite a new mini-bar setup on each segment

o The number of internet minutes will be based on each segment

o Elite will be invited to the wine tasting each segment

Has it always been the case when booking b2b cruises as one to receive a mini bar set up for each segment? If so I've been missing out, with exception of my recent August cruise. Thanks

Has it always been the case when booking b2b cruises as one to receive a mini bar set up for each segment? If so I've been missing out, with exception of my recent August cruise. Thanks

Don't know about always, but it has been the case for the last several years.

In most cases, I prefer to book (2) 7 night cruises as opposed to a 14 night cruise. Especially far in advance. If this is a cruise where the price goes does, it most likely will go down on the 7 night cruise and not the 14 night cruise. On all of my B2Bs, in the long run, it has been cheaper to book the cruises individually.

I had the same thing happen when I booked a suite on a B2B. Lost Obcs and had to use 2 FCCs. TA did give me larger OBC from the TA. I still will be paying more. Not a very good policy for those loyal to Princess. And suites are much more expensive.

As with accessible cabins there is little to no chance of an upgrade or an upsell.

Hi Everyone...well out wonderful TA spent lots of time on the phone with Princess (she talked to 5 different people) some had the response that 'nothing could be done' She finally talked to a man that said this does not make sense...he talked to someone that said that we could indeed book a 14 day cruise using 2 future cruise credits instead of 4...according to him, Princess does not like to book the accessible cabins for 14 day cruises because it is easier to book the 7 day ones, and since there are so few accessible cabins they like to keep them for people that like to book closer to sailing date.

They should know that those of us that need an accessible cabins always book as far out as we can, otherwise we do not get the date we want.

Seems as if we will get outcome we want....thanks for all your input.

Arlene