Allure packing recommendations

We always travel with two flashlights, cabins and suites very dark at night.

Some travel with a portable battery operated candle (The friendship lights that people use in their windows) and use as a night light.

We also have the lights (app) on our smart phones

Sea Ya

Edited by Lionesss

Thanks. I've read where on some ships people bring over the door shoe bags to hold things. Would that be recommended too?

Personally never liked those - tried one time and found it too difficult/annoying to put stuff back in the pockets! Found plenty of room for everything and did not need extra storage. I think there are lots of little spaces to store things.

Would recommend large 2-gallon Ziploc-type bags - I pack underwear, socks, swimsuites, etc. in those and then throw the bag right in the drawer and leave open just to take things out. Found sometimes drawers/shelves can have a rough spot that can snag clothing.

Would always bring loads of sunscreen - you use a lot and it is expensive to buy on board.

Always bring a sports bottle to fill with ice and water, and/or lemonade, etc. Also a coffee cup with lid, if you are a coffee drinker - so much easier than trying to carry a paper cup.

A beach/going ashore bag. A corkscrew if you are bringing wine that needs it which I forgot. Although room service brought it it took a long time. A magnetic pad of paper and pen (no more in cabin). Last cruise I brought magnets to put on inside doors to hang up important papers. I find with each cruise I add more essentials.:D

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Forums mobile app

Edited by sauvichick

Yes, if you don't have a suite, the extra storage can come in handy.

I was disappointed in the clothing storage of the cabin. The end tables no longer have drawers, so we lost 2 drawers that we would typically use; the wall closets that are wrapped around the desk mirror are NOT at all deep enough to put much in at all. I would buy a collapsible hanging bag that when hung from the rod in the closet will give you 3 fairly deep shelves to use. It can be found in Bed, Bath and Beyond -- it folds flat to store in the outside pocket of suitcase. It now is in my 'cruise luggage' -- it won't hurt to have on whatever ship we are cruising.

I only wish I had it when we did cruise on Allure....we managed, but this would have made it easier.

I was disappointed in the clothing storage of the cabin. The end tables no longer have drawers, so we lost 2 drawers that we would typically use; the wall closets that are wrapped around the desk mirror are NOT at all deep enough to put much in at all. I would buy a collapsible hanging bag that when hung from the rod in the closet will give you 3 fairly deep shelves to use. It can be found in Bed, Bath and Beyond -- it folds flat to store in the outside pocket of suitcase. It now is in my 'cruise luggage' -- it won't hurt to have on whatever ship we are cruising.

I only wish I had it when we did cruise on Allure....we managed, but this would have made it easier.

I agree with you about the lack of storage in our Allure stateroom. Would have it been that hard to put drawers in the nightstands, a drawer under the desk, drawers on both sides of the desk?

Don't anticipate having a lot of space in the closet to hang that folding shelf thingy that Paulette mentioned. I have one and it works great, if you have a larger closet. Unfortunately the closet we had on the Allure had little room for it. There are shelves in the closet already, which take up about a third of the closet, and make up the majority of the storage space you get for folded clothing. Combine that shelf area with the fact that the doors are the sliding type, I found it difficult to get to the items in the center part of the closet. I think if you hang one of those shelf things in there, it would make the matter worse. (Having one of the cabins with the bed right next to the closet complicated the matter too.)

Edited by Gayle V