--> My View of the Vision <--

Aquahound

Thanks so much, Paul, for your thoughts on Vision. I'll be boarding in just a short time and am glad to hear you enjoyed your cruise.

Hi Yael! :) Be sure to visit Olex (from Ukraine) at the R Bar. Ask him for an espresso martini and tell him you want it Paul's way. He's using my recipe now. ;)

We were on this sailing too... you are so right about the VCL! It was like going to a party with friends and family every night! Such a great group of people We thoroughly enjoyed CL happy hour! Everybody seemed friendly and happy

We're not usually CL rats in the evenings and we were excited about the vouchers being on our Sea Pass cards. But this was probably the best CL experience I've ever seen and we didn't want to leave. Plus, Vladimir at the bar really hooked us up with his personal concoctions. ;)

We're not usually CL rats in the evenings and we were excited about the vouchers being on our Sea Pass cards. But this was probably the best CL experience I've ever seen and we didn't want to leave. Plus, Vladimir at the bar really hooked us up with his personal concoctions. ;)

Yep I'll spend every second in the CL if its fun and positive!

We had the premium drink package, but still found ourselves in the CL

It just had a nice vibe.........serveries were great too

My wife and I were on the same cruise, I have only two things to add and I'm sorry they are a little neg, no Love and Marriage show (or did I miss it?) and at night they did seem to take a long time to clear away dirty glasses in the bars, but other than that had a great time.

Yes, the comedian was great, they said he will be on the QOTS, looking forward to seeing him there.

:)

My wife and I were on the same cruise, I have only two things to add and I'm sorry they are a little neg, no Love and Marriage show (or did I miss it?)...

I didn't even realize that on board but come to think of it, you're right. There was no L&M show. I also thought it was a little odd they only had one show time for all guests...on either night 3 or 4. I know it's common for the welcome aboard show, but not usually later in the cruise.

Hi Yael! :) Be sure to visit Olex (from Ukraine) at the R Bar. Ask him for an espresso martini and tell him you want it Paul's way. He's using my recipe now. ;)

Paul: I have no plans to be on the Vision any time soon, so would you please share your recipe? The chances of my running into Olex are small, and you have me drooling! :)

Great Review Paul. Can always depend on an honest review from you. Glad you had a good time.

Thanks Patti :)

Paul: I have no plans to be on the Vision any time soon, so would you please share your recipe? The chances of my running into Olex are small, and you have me drooling! :)

No problem. I don't like sweet tasting, creamy martinis, and I like to be able to taste the espresso, so through trial and error at home with my new espresso machine, my recipe is this:

2 shots vanilla vodka

1/2 shot Kahlua (don't overdue the Kahlua...it'll be too sweet if you do)

1 shot espresso

Give it a really good shake. If made right, it'll have about 1/4" of foam on top. Enjoy! :)

Great review, I wish I had read something similar to this earlier. Found a KILLER deal on an OS out of Tampa in February which I had put a hold on and let expire. I was a bit leery because of some of the reviews I had read, plus the size of the ship. I haven’t been on one this small and I was worried I would feel more motion of the ocean! Lesson learned, find a deal that good I need to grab it!

Paul, I'll be sure to do that. I love a good flavored martini.

Several folks have agreed that the comedian was great. What was his name? Will he be onbaord for the next few weeks?

No L&M show? That's very unusual. How about Quest? I never miss either of these events.

Great review, I wish I had read something similar to this earlier. Found a KILLER deal on an OS out of Tampa in February which I had put a hold on and let expire. I was a bit leery because of some of the reviews I had read, plus the size of the ship. I haven’t been on one this small and I was worried I would feel more motion of the ocean! Lesson learned, find a deal that good I need to grab it!

carumba, having sailed on every size ship currently in the RC fleet, I would urge you to take a Vision class ship. Sure, I love the big ships, but I love Vision class, too. I love the feel of easily being able to walk all over without feeling like I have just hiked the Appalachian Trail.

;) :D

Edited by Merion_Mom

Thanks Patti :)

No problem. I don't like sweet tasting, creamy martinis, and I like to be able to taste the espresso, so through trial and error at home with my new espresso machine, my recipe is this:

2 shots vanilla vodka

1/2 shot Kahlua (don't overdue the Kahlua...it'll be too sweet if you do)

1 shot espresso

Give it a really good shake. If made right, it'll have about 1/4" of foam on top. Enjoy! :)

I will be on the Freedom and the Enchantment this month, and will copy and take your recipe with me!

Thanks!

:)

Several folks have agreed that the comedian was great. What was his name? Will he be onbaord for the next few weeks?

No L&M show? That's very unusual. How about Quest? I never miss either of these events.

You had to ask me that, didn't you? Sorry, I do not remember his name and I don't know how long he'll be on board. :o I guess he's big with RCI because he opened the Oasis and will be opening the Quantum.

Yes, they did still have Quest on the last night. But that's it...no other lounge game shows. Otherwise, it was all pool games....Sexiest Man, Ms. Biceps, The Hunt, and Belly Flop. They did do a lot of trivia though.

carumba, having sailed on every size ship currently in the RC fleet, I would urge you to take a Vision class ship. Sure, I love the big ships, but I love Vision class, too. I love the feel of easily being able to walk all over without feeling like I have just hiked the Appalachian Trail.

;) :D

Now I'm convinced, I will do it for sure! I absolutely fell in love with Serenade last year and will sail again on one of her last voyages out of New Orleans in February. For this trip (for us anyway) it’s more about the ship than the itinerary.

Karen

They did L&M on the 5 night itineraries. I guess there just isn't enough time to do Everything on the 4 night and that's just one thing they have to cut back on. Steve does an excellent job with the L&M show. He doesn't let it drag on and on like some do.

Can't wait to book the Vision again. She's such a great little ship. Thanks for your review, Paul!

Brought a big smile on my face when I saw OLex's (Ukrainian) name a few posts above.

Yes He was great. First time meeting him and the VOS.

It is amazing how some people really get it and know how to make you feel welcome.

Olex is a good man and a great bartender!

Vision is a wonderful little ship... well worth a try.

Brought a big smile on my face when I saw OLex's (Ukrainian) name a few posts above.

Yes He was great. First time meeting him and the VOS.

It is amazing how some people really get it and know how to make you feel welcome.

Olex is a good man and a great bartender!

Vision is a wonderful little ship... well worth a try.

Agreed on all! We first met Olex last year on the Allure where he made the best lemon drop martini my wife ever tasted. He's certainly earned his mixologist label. :)