When did you reach VIFP Red, Gold, Platinum & Diamond?

I'm curious when others reached these. We are currently on red level, working towards gold. I'm wondering how long it will take us to reach platinum. It seems like the jump from 25 to 75 will take forever. We will probably only be able to go on 1 cruise a year. I would love to do more if money allows though :)

Heck The jump from Platinum to diamond is 125. I'm platinum but don't think I will ever make diamond, We are starting to venture around to other lines

But for your question we have been platinum for 3 years but we were using the old system of 10 cruises

I'm curious when others reached these. We are currently on red level, working towards gold. I'm wondering how long it will take us to reach platinum. It seems like the jump from 25 to 75 will take forever. We will probably only be able to go on 1 cruise a year. I would love to do more if money allows though :)

I don't know why you are even wasting time thinking about platinum at your level. Long before you could even get close the program will be changed again and I predict platinum level will go to around 100 days.

We just reached "GOLD" on our Breeze cruise in July. We actually didn't hit it until half way through the cruise, but we got gold cards checking in, and we also had gold pins waiting for us in the stateroom.:D:D

Got quite a ways to go for Platinum, unless they change their program again.......:mad:

Simple math, you need 50 points to go from red to gold. So if you do 7 -7 day cruises you get 49 points ant then on next cruise your gold. So basically 1 7 day cruise a year your 50th day would be in the 8th year

I thought it was 25 days to go from Red to Gold?

Hit platinum in 2013, 10 cruise rule.

We have added 19 sea days this year and hope to be diamond by this time next year. I think the status is a bit over rated, as the only real plus is the priority embarkation/debarkation.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I don't know why you are even wasting time thinking about platinum at your level. Long before you could even get close the program will be changed again and I predict platinum level will go to around 100 days.

Why am I wasting time trying to get to platinum? There is no need for a rude comment. I was simply trying to find out when others reached different levels.

Edited by AidenandCasensMommy

I got Platinum status the old fashioned way--10 cruises. All but one was a seven day cruise and one was a six day. I too do not feel that I will make Diamond status, well unless I win the lottery and it is enough for me to do a B2B cruise every month for at least a year or two until I feel the need to do an epic six month trip to Australia....

Why am I wasting time trying to get to platinum? There is no need for a rude comment. I was simply trying to find out when others reached different levels.

I don't think he was being rude. I think he meant carnival changes thing so often that platinum might have a whole new criteria by the time you get close.

I don't think he was being rude. I think he meant carnival changes thing so often that platinum might have a whole new criteria by the time you get close.

I just saw on fb this weekend a thing that said common sense is so rare these days it should be considered a super power.

Happy super power to you.

Kind of a funny story: I was gold on our second cruise in February 2011 (that is how they did it back then), then we were gold AGAIN on our 5th cruise in July 2012 (at the time they changed the program again). We received the gold pins in our cabin that cruise and were invited the new VIFP party. It didn't seem like a big deal to us since we were already gold.

We will be on our 11th cruise next month, but will not be platinum until the NEXT one - as long as it's 6 days or longer. Doesn't really seem to be a big deal. Earlier boarding, if you are there to get on early, and if we are with friends we will not take advantage of this - we will wait and board with them. Same with tender ports. Free laundry? I doubt I would use that either because I don't want my things faded or shrunk (is that the right word?).

We made Plantinum the old way with 10 cruises. Now I am pushing Diamond

My husband and special needs sister also made Plantinum with 10 cruises. Sis only has around 80 days with 18 cruises. She will most likely never see Diamond does she care no, she just enjoys going on vacation.

DH has 17 cruises with only 125 days cruises. Will he see Diamond probably not unless he and I take longer or b2b cruises.

If not for taking my special needs sister on cruises I would not have the days I have, I am very blessed to have a understanding DH who lets me take my sister on cruises, sometimes he comes with us. I will be Diamond as soon as I book another cruise.

Diamond and Plantinum are overrated with FTTF you pay a few bucks for what we paid thousand of $$ for. Only plus is we get laundry, that is something that works well for my sister and me.