Anybody ever book a stateroom in a crappy location just so a member they were traveli

UPNYGuy

It appears your FIL is somewhat irrational/emotional? If so, what happens when he realizes YOU took the room he wanted,and he still thinks it would have been a good deal for him?

He isn't irrational OR emotional, just excited. Hence why I went in there before he did. My mother in law would never let him live it down. She's a wonderful woman, but likes to bring up things like that.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Because DW and I are never really in our rooms during the show times, so I took that cabin. I won't book a suite on the Sun, because it doesn't have The Haven, and we are typically "out and about" on an Alaska sailing. I figured the location isn't great but the noise won't be bothersome because we will be at the shows with MIL (she had to have a medical procedure done, but has healed and now wants to go after several years of being in pain and saying no...YAY). So hence why we went there. FIL is a great man, but would have thought "oh empty space not used during the day" and booked there. He wouldn't have thought "oh... Speakers..."

Edited by UPNYGuy

DW and I are going on the Sun next summer with the in-laws. FIL has been on a cruise with us, but MIL has not. FIL wants a balcony, but doesn't really pay attention where he winds up. I called NCL and had them switch us into the BX above the theatre, so we wouldn't have to listen to my MIL should he go in there thinking he "got a deal"

FWIW, wife and I enjoy the later shows, and don't have children to worry about, so the noise is of little concern.

Anybody else ever do this???

A BX is a balcony GTY and can be anywhere not necessarily above the theatre.

A BX is a balcony GTY and can be anywhere not necessarily above the theatre.

Many of the "X" categories, like BX, will have a few specific cabin numbers (often only 4 or so), though many "X" are sold as gty. So, if the OP says he snapped up the last assignable BX cabin (a balcony over the thearter in is case) before his IL could book it, then we should believe the OP.

I still do not understand why you want to treat your in laws in such a terrible fashion. It is so passive-aggressive. Take them on a cruise, but get them a cabin they will not like. Me thinks a therapist should go along with you.

The op took the crappy cabin so the inlaws wouldn't get stuck with it.Therefore giving them a shot at a better one.

[ QUOTE=Starry Eyes;43984531]Many of the "X" categories, like BX, will have a few specific cabin numbers (often only 4 or so), though many "X" are sold as gty. So, if the OP says he snapped up the last assignable BX cabin (a balcony over the thearter in is case) before his IL could book it, then we should believe the OP.

again...correct.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We booked that room before my father in law had a chance to, not being familiar with the layout of the ship, he would have (thinking he scored a deal). That way, he and my MIL would be able to enjoy the cruise without having to listen to the theatre below. I just realized I left that detail out. He just sent me an email ranting that the room he wanted was sold. I have not replied. I know it is the one I went in. He will thank me after he realizes where it is... ;)

You are a great son-in-law. Kudos to you.