How long is hold time for Haven Concierge Desk telephone line?

Cropelf

My NCL cruise agent did not do anything after we booked our Haven cruise last May. He did not send me the Concierge phone number. I have not received the Haven package in the mail yet. (Agent claims it was shipped July 11th.) We leave in a few days. And it's a significant anniversary celebration.

I called and found out the Concierge Desk telephone number, but have been on hold for ages.

Any advice on what to do? I got my agent's supervisor's name, but no telephone number. Having caught him in some untruths, I'm at a loss.

This is our second NCL cruise. I'd hope to make a habit of cruising, but don't know if hubby will go for it after this mess up.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

My NCL cruise agent did not do anything after we booked our Haven cruise last May. He did not send me the Concierge phone number. I have not received the Haven package in the mail yet. (Agent claims it was shipped July 11th.) We leave in a few days. And it's a significant anniversary celebration.

I called and found out the Concierge Desk telephone number, but have been on hold for ages.

Any advice on what to do? I got my agent's supervisor's name, but no telephone number. Having caught him in some untruths, I'm at a loss.

This is our second NCL cruise. I'd hope to make a habit of cruising, but don't know if hubby will go for it after this mess up.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

My bigger concern would be if they actually get any or how many things of what you ask done. Responses on CC have varied widely, but from those that have replied in some of the other posts about the pre-concierge it seems they mostly miss. A recent review they had 1 of 3 things done when they got on the ship.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

You can email them too. NorwegianConciergeDesk <NorwegianConciergeDesk@ncl.com>

I've never really sat on hold. It must depend on when you call. Calling Air Canada on the other hand??? I sit on hold ALL THE TIME...even when calling the altitude number.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Weird, I have hardly any wait-time on either AC, or Aeroplan (which is a completely separate company called Aimia now).

Edited by sjbdtz

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Stay home.

What can you possibly want that can't be handled when you get there. My god, these folks work everyday when on the ship to give you the best vacation possible. Leave them alone already. Enough is enough!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Forums mobile app

Yeah, I'm afraid I don't hold out much hope for your wonderful cruising experience if your anxiety level is this high... I'm sorry things haven't gone exactly as you wanted but if you approach your cruise feeling angry and fearful that it will be less than what you're expecting... well it could very well end up being sadly lacking.

There really is nothing on that pre concierge list that will cause your cruise to be terrible whether it's done or not. However, you have the ability to make or break it. I'd love to tell you that your cruise will be wonderful but things happen and people react.

Try to have a great cruise, smile back at those who will smile at you. :)

Thanks for everyone's kind suggestions. I know we'll have a good trip. I was just worried that something had gone astray with our booking since we had heard nothing. Stranger things have happened.

After 30-45 min wait on hold, the concierge desk answered. Jacqueline, the concierge representative, said that they are very busy after the holiday weekend. She was very helpful.

She was able to forward me a new Concierge letter and arrange for some of my choices during our conversation.

From what I understand, we should have received special luggage tags in the Haven Welcome package. Jacqueline said it should have come. Unfortunately I have never received it, by mail, UPS or other method.

Was there anything else in the welcome packet besides the luggage tags and list of complimentary room amenities?

We will have a wonderful trip. I know as my great aunt used to say, bring half the clothes and twice the money (and patience these days) and you'll have a great trip!

Thanks again for all of your kind help.

I received our luggage tags in the mail (surprise to me....wasn't expecting it) as I had already printed our tags (although the ones mailed are a little more substantial and have our names printed on them).

I have been dealing through email with the Concierge Desk and as another CC member suggested this worked well and the CC Rep who replied (Stephanie Ros) has been very prompt in answering all my questions and confirming our requests. Whether they actually get done or not is another story...but we're pretty low maintenance & nothing is so earth shattering that it will make a difference to our enjoyment.

You should be able to check your cruise confirmation and related info by logging into NCL & entering your reservation number.

Cheers and have a wonderful cruise!

Sandy

p.s. There was nothing of any importance other than the luggage tags and a cover letter with the phone number of the Concierge desk and their email addy.

Edited by Samstress
to add more info

I have been very underwhelmed by the pre-concierge service. I called about a moth prior to sailing to inquire about my welcome packet. I also experienced about a 15 minute hold time as described above. The agent told me that it was too early, to expect it about three weeks before sailing. I waited until 2 weeks before sailing and called again, since I hadn't received it. The agent told me it had been sent out about two months before sailing, to my home address. Needless to say, I never received one. I also sent an email to the desk to make some stateroom requests. It was never responded to.

I'm going to have a great cruise no matter what, but NCL really needs to get their act together with this "perk."

I think one response was very harsh. Not all people are seasoned with the Haven experience and are curious as to why the actual pre-cruise correspondence is somewhat lacking. I had a similar experience and did not get my tags or letter. I called was on hold for more than 15 minutes and told I need to complete the online check in. Once I did that the tags and letter were a week behind. The letter was pretty much a phone number and an email. No details on suite options. I placed the call on Friday and was on hold for 19 minutes . I was promised that they would email the list of options but I did not get it. That said I did my best based on what I learned from CC to make a few modest requests.

As a first time Haven I was looking forward to special treatment as advertised. I will totally enjoy my cruise without it. However, I must admit I was simply looking forward to the experience. Vacation does not need to be so much effort. Thinking about it now, it probably will be just as easy to make my few requests directly with the Butler.

Either way no biggie...but I totally understand the question!

Thanks for everyone's kind suggestions. I know we'll have a good trip. I was just worried that something had gone astray with our booking since we had heard nothing. Stranger things have happened.

After 30-45 min wait on hold, the concierge desk answered. Jacqueline, the concierge representative, said that they are very busy after the holiday weekend. She was very helpful.

She was able to forward me a new Concierge letter and arrange for some of my choices during our conversation.

From what I understand, we should have received special luggage tags in the Haven Welcome package. Jacqueline said it should have come. Unfortunately I have never received it, by mail, UPS or other method.

Was there anything else in the welcome packet besides the luggage tags and list of complimentary room amenities?

We will have a wonderful trip. I know as my great aunt used to say, bring half the clothes and twice the money (and patience these days) and you'll have a great trip!

Thanks again for all of your kind help.

Just the cheap paper luggage tags. You probably threw them out.

I have always had great service by the pre-concierges. I was spoiled once in them giving me a huge cooler with ice, & now I always request it, the fridges in the room are not that cold (or big) so it comes in handy with water, soda etc.

I do not understand why people complain about hold times on phones, its not like the old days when you are tethered to a wall phone without a speaker function (yes i am old enough to remember those lol). I can't tell you how many times I will call & just leave the speaker phone on my desk until someone answers, its not a big deal.