Tri-Rail!

mjw001

We did this a few years ago and worked great for us. We had a large group of 12 ppl and was VERY inexpensive and we could all stay together. There is/was a free shuttle from the airport to the station and then a short walk into the Miami airport to call the hotel shuttle. I had 2 smaller kids so the journey only cost us less than $10. My sister had older kids and could purchase student passes for them. All together we probably spent less than $50 for all 12. They do have a schedule posted online so you cab plan accordingly.

You can take Tri-Rail to the MIA airport, but that still leaves you a $25+ cab ride from POM - not sure I see the logic? :confused:

I think you are better off finding budget lodging near FLL - cheaper and better than comparable hotels in Miami - and then using SAS or others (about $15 each) for shared shuttle service to POM.

We will be flying into FLL leaving from Miami port have been looking into taking Tri Rail to MIA has anyone done this?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Don't do this unless you have about a four hour window.

Also, you cannot take the tri rail to the port. You will still have a $25 cab ride from MIA.

I'd just take a $15 shuttle.

Yes our hotel has free shuttle to the port . So we are taking tri rail to miami airport calling the hotel for their free airport shuttle they using their free cruise port transfer shuttle the day of the cruise

No way I'd schlep all our luggage onto a public train to save a few bucks.

Have fun.

Tri-Rail is not like a city subway. It is super easy and we had no problems. We each had a large suitcase and a carry-on. They have luggage carts and we placed our luggage in the cart. We had no stairs at all, so it was easy.

I don't understand why people make such negative comments for something they have never tried. Sounds like my teen daughter when she won't try a new food because she doesn't like it (and never even tried it either).;)

I think the train is great, agree it is luggage friendly, and have used it from PBI; my objection/question is why take the train from FLL to stay at a hotel near MIA (not the most attractive area :() - all that for a "free" shuttle to POM? :confused:

I think the train is great, agree it is luggage friendly, and have used it from PBI; my objection/question is why take the train from FLL to stay at a hotel near MIA (not the most attractive area :() - all that for a "free" shuttle to POM? :confused:

I agree.

This is going to be at least a four hour deal and my time is worth way more than that.

When we did this from PBI to FLL, it was just a little under 2 hours from the time we stepped off the plane and walked into our hotel in FLL. We saved quite a bit of money, so it was worth it for us. We saved $600 by flying into PBI and then saved again by taking tri-rail instead of a taxi. Definitely worth it for us. :)

We are flying into FLL next week and cruising the next morning out of POM. All I have found for shuttles was more than $30 pp. That is over 60 for two of us.

But what I am seeing is take the train for under $8 and a $24 cab ride to port. So, combined is less than half price of a shuttle.

We have time.

My question is, I keep seeing that there is $15 shuttle from FLL to POM? Where? The shuttle from Miami airport to port is 15, where is the shuttle from FLL to POM $15?

EDIT**** Found my answer for $15 Shuttles. ***** That makes most sense to do that. Thanks!

Edited by azg5441

We booked the hotel when we had planned on flying into MIA we prepaid so no way to cancel

If you have prepaid for your MIA hotel that changes the calculation - Tri-Rail is the cheapest way to get there; hope you have a great cruise. :)

Blue, why do you even live here.

So negative.

Tri rail to the Metro Rail transfer station.

Get off Metro Rail at the Goverment center station.

Then it's a $10 cab ride to the POM.

When the Intermodial Station at Miami International airport opens,

The Tri Rail trip will be even faster.

Are you in the left lane driving 50 in a 70?

Edited by fireofficer5

Blue, why do you even live here.

So negative.

Tri rail to the Metro Rail transfer station.

Get off Metro Rail at the Goverment center station.

Then it's a $10 cab ride to the POM.

When the Intermodial Station at Miami International airport opens,

The Tri Rail trip will be even faster.

Are you in the left lane driving 50 in a 70?

Here's an idea. BLOCK ME. Then you don't have to read my replies.

My question is, I keep seeing that there is $15 shuttle from FLL to POM? Where? The shuttle from Miami airport to port is 15, where is the shuttle from FLL to POM $15?

EDIT**** Found my answer for $15 Shuttles. ***** That makes most sense to do that. Thanks!

Could you please share the info? I will need the reverse. I did use SAS once before. I waited quite a while for the pick-up and am looking for other options as a result.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Edited by Steeler Nation At Sea

Sounds like my teen daughter when she won't try a new food because she doesn't like it (and never even tried it either).;)

Whatever. What a ridiculous and pathetic analogy..........

BTW our teen daughter loves all food and will try anything.

Edited by bouhunter

• 2 months later...

Would someone mind walking me through this.

We (8 of us) will be returning to Port Everglades on Sun Dec 21st. Our flight home that day is from PBI at 3 PM, so there should not be any issues regarding time.

1) How do we get to the closest tri-rail stop after we get off of the ship at Port Everglades?

2) Do we buy our tickets there or ahead of time?

3) How will we get to PBI when we get off of Tri Rail in West Palm Beach?

Anything else we need to be aware of when using this service?

Thanks, Mark

1) How do we get to the closest tri-rail stop after we get off of the ship at Port Everglades? Taxi from PE to the Tri-Rail should be $15 or under - with 8 you will need two cabs

2) Do we buy our tickets there or ahead of time? Automated machines

3) How will we get to PBI when we get off of Tri Rail in West Palm Beach?

Anything else we need to be aware of when using this service?

Thanks, Mark

http://www.tri-rail.com/ has all the rest of the info you will need. Good luck! :)

Tri-Rail is not like a city subway. It is super easy and we had no problems. We each had a large suitcase and a carry-on. They have luggage carts and we placed our luggage in the cart. We had no stairs at all, so it was easy.

I don't understand why people make such negative comments for something they have never tried. Sounds like my teen daughter when she won't try a new food because she doesn't like it (and never even tried it either).;)

I was on the TriRail yesterday. I use it all the time.

One thing I never saw were any cabs at any tri rail station.

The easiest way to get to the POM on the tri rail is to take it to the Government Center downtown Miami by switching to the Metro Rail.