Chef's Table

attilamom1217

Is there a Chef's Table on Celebrity Ships? I've been to one on Carnival and I know that Princess also has it (yes - i know they are a different cruise line family). I don't recall seeing anything about it, but then I didn't look for it either.

We loved it on Carnival and would participate if there is one on Celebrity.

thanks,

Debbi

Celebrity will offer a Chef's Table on any cruise where there is sufficient demand [and, probably, is long enough for it to be organised - so probably not short cruises]. There were actually four of them on one cruise we were on but that is an exception. However, they are not [widely] advertised because they limit the numbers who can attend.

If you are interested, contact one of the specialty dining desks when you board and try to drum up interest on your Roll Call.

Celebrity will offer a Chef's Table on any cruise where there is sufficient demand [and, probably, is long enough for it to be organised - so probably not short cruises]. There were actually four of them on one cruise we were on but that is an exception. However, they are not [widely] advertised because they limit the numbers who can attend.

If you are interested, contact one of the specialty dining desks when you board and try to drum up interest on your Roll Call.

Agreed.

Past posters have said that even tho they made inquiries at Guest Relations or saw it advertised in "Celebrity Today" sometimes it did not happen on their cruise... Presumably because there was too little interest (minimums not met)

The current rate is $ 199 per person

Hope this helps,

Cheers!

Is there a Chef's Table on Celebrity Ships? I've been to one on Carnival and I know that Princess also has it (yes - i know they are a different cruise line family). I don't recall seeing anything about it, but then I didn't look for it either.

We loved it on Carnival and would participate if there is one on Celebrity.

thanks,

Debbi

Debbi -

If you are new to Celebrity, welcome. Given the 1200+ posts, looks like you are quite familiar with Cruise Critic. ;)

From my mobile phone I was able to easily find this thread. Search criteria was "chef table" and thread has two additional threads embedded. All talk about this topic on various Celebrity ships.

Happy reading.

Sent from my Samsung Note 2 on the T-Mobile 4G LTE Network

Edited by vulcan1971

We've been to 3 Chef's Tables on Celebrity. The latest on a 7 day cruise on an M class ship. While they were all good the last one was a disappointment after the 1st 2 on S class ships.

The price is $279 per couple with the Excite The Senses Cook Book. Less if you do not want the book.

Mary Lou

Debbi -

If you are new to Celebrity, welcome. Given the 1200+ posts, looks like you are quite familiar with Cruise Critic. ;)

From my mobile phone I was able to easily find this thread. Search criteria was "chef table" and thread has two additional threads embedded. All talk about this topic on various Celebrity ships.

Happy reading.

Sent from my Samsung Note 2 on the T-Mobile 4G LTE Network

Not sure how to do multiple quotes - so here is my best:

Been on 3 prior Celebrity cruises - but as was said - Chef's table was not well advertised.

"EZMARYLOU We've been to 3 Chef's Tables on Celebrity. The latest on a 7 day cruise on an M class ship. While they were all good the last one was a disappointment after the 1st 2 on S class ships.

The price is $279 per couple with the Excite The Senses Cook Book. Less if you do not want the book."

"Sloop-JohnB Quote:

Originally Posted by Project_gal viewpost.gif

Agreed.

Past posters have said that even tho they made inquiries at Guest Relations or saw it advertised in "Celebrity Today" sometimes it did not happen on their cruise... Presumably because there was too little interest (minimums not met)

The current rate is $ 199 per person

Hope this helps,"

$199/person??? $279/couple???? REALLY????????:eek: Carnival charged $75/person! We would certainly pay $100/person, but not double that.

However, we will look into it when(November 2015).

Thanks everyone for your responses.

Debbi

We've been to 3 Chef's Tables on Celebrity. The latest on a 7 day cruise on an M class ship. While they were all good the last one was a disappointment after the 1st 2 on S class ships.

The price is $279 per couple with the Excite The Senses Cook Book. Less if you do not want the book.

Mary Lou

That's what we paid on Equinox. Not really worth it as they had the same items for dinner that they had on the Murano menu.

$199/person??? $279/couple???? REALLY????????:eek: Carnival charged $75/person! We would certainly pay $100/person, but not double that.

However, we will look into it when(November 2015).

Thanks everyone for your responses.

Debbi

Understood... It is indeed a lot of money.

But then again Celebrity isn't Carnival. So you truly are not comparing apples to apples.

Cheers!

Mark,

On our last Chefs Table on an M class in July it was held in the wine room at the Olympic.

Mary Lou

That's unfortunate. Nice room and our Chef's Table experience started there, with champagne, hor dourves and chatting with several officers, and then we went into the galley for dinner.

I found my notes from 2012 and the price was $279 per couple. Included dinner, unlimited wine with each course, signed cookbook, picture in Olympic wine room where champagne was poured and picture at table in galley along with long stem rose for all women in attendance.

922380011_ChefsTableChampagne.jpg.8ffd87ad8938091e0853c547c4f2cffd.jpg

Edited by mpbmark

Was there a single price?

I have done it as a solo but I can't remember what I paid:eek:....I do

know they discounted it because I chose not to take the cookbook.

(they credited it off the total). I wish I could tell you the price I paid

but I don't want to give you the wrong amount. It has been a few

years since I did it.

I sure there is, probably 1/2 of the couple price. Also may be less if you don't want the cookbook, which will add about 10 llbs to your luggage. :eek:

Edit: sorry to duplicate. Lois is obviously a quicker typist.

Edited by mpbmark

That's unfortunate. Nice room and our Chef's Table experience started there, with champagne, hor dourves and chatting with several officers, and then we went into the galley for dinner.

I found my notes from 2012 and the price was $279 per couple. Included dinner, unlimited wine with each course, signed cookbook, picture in Olympic wine room where champagne was poured and picture at table in galley along with long stem rose for all women in attendance.

That is what we experienced on our 1st 2 Chef's Tables on S class ships except for dinner in the galley, ours was in the wine room in Murano's. Our most recent experience did not include the cheese course with port, there was a meat and seafood offering for the main course but only red wine was poured, 2 bottles for 9 diners, (we've been known to finish 2 by ourselves) The food was excellent. We had champagne and very limited hor dourves in Cellar Masters. The desserts were non descript but the dessert wine was top shelf. We did make inquiries when we returned home and were happy with the response from Celebrity so I don't want to put people off from trying it but suggest you look at the menu before committing. (We did but did not pay enough attention.) We will probably book another one on our Canada cruise but will review the menu and offerings before the event.

The price without the book was $240 for couple so if you did it as a single without the book expect to pay around $120. The price seems to have held steady over 3 years.

Mary Lou

Thanks! Where do I inquire about it when boarding?

Hi,:) there is usually a table set up outside of the buffet the day you sail. You can speak with one of the waiters.

See if they can help you. They sometimes have wait staff inside ther terminal too. They may have some information

for you. If neither one has a positive reply, I would go see the Maitr'd in one of the Specialty Restaurants.

(which ship are you sailing?).......they don't offer the Chef's Dinner on every cruise. The Maitr'd would

probably have more information.

Edited by Lois R

When you board there should be a crew member from the specialty restaurants near where you board, as you get the sparkling wine, just inquire with the him/her and add your name to the list. They might not have the menu there but you can check with a Sommelier or the Maître D of a specialty restaurant later and ask to see it. If you like good food and wine pairings it is generally worth doing. It was just for some reason on our last cruise that it did not live up to our expatiations. I think this was a one off and we will probably try it again on our Canada cruise.

Mary Lou

Lois,

We do need to cruise together one of these days. We seem to have the same tastes. :D

Mary Lou

One of these days would be awesome:)...I have nothing booked

for 2015:eek:

For completeness, on one of our cruises they also discounted the price for a minor who was not old enough to be served alcohol.

[sorry, I cannot remember the prices or the discounts - as we are not from the USA, I always think of cruise spending money as "Monopoly Money". Once I have bought it, it is not really money any more than any other consumable I have purchased!]

We are doing the Summit Canada/New England cruise on September 20, 2015. A good mix of sea days and ports. NJ is closer to us than Florida. Join us.

Mary Lou

Thanks for the invitation:) but I can never been away at the end of

a month....:rolleyes:...that cruise is a 2 week intinerary...work interferes with

those dates:eek: