270 days on the Elation

jimbo5544

I saw this but I am confused. I believe the Elation has been doing 5 day cruises out of NOLA for over a year now. 33 x 5 is only 165 days??? For it to be 270 total days it would have to be 8+ days per cruise.

It is head scratching material....

Apparently it was 33 B2B's so 66 total cruises.

That still can't be it. The article says that the cruises started in April 2014. There has not even been 270 days since then. The 165 days seems more probable - which is still quite a run.

I would guess that the gentleman has spent overall 270 days at sea, but some of those were before his wife passed.

I'd have no problem living on a ship. I realized that about half-way into my 14-night HAL Hawaii cruise. After 4 sea days, I'd settled into a rhythm and could've kept on forever. Well, except for the fact that I couldn't actually afford to do that! :o

I have 38 days on Fantasy, 5 on Elation, and 10 on Fascination. So, almost exactly 1/2 of my 110 days on Carnival have been on Fantasy-class ships.

But, yes, their math is off just a bit.

If I had that much time (and I'm assuming money), I would've taken a 100 day cruise around the world on the Queen Mary 2, and still had time left over for a few more bucket list cruises!

Cozumel over and over and over?? No thanks!

Edited by Tapi

Okay kids.... here is your homework for the day!!!

Lets say I left on the 1st available cruise in November 2014 on the Elation, cheapest ocean view cabin available. How much would it cost me to spend 6 months at sea?

And GO!!! :)

Mike

A lady in a FB group that I'm in was on the ship with him. Evidently Elation is the only ship that he cruises on and he lives only an hour from the port. Some days he would get off the ship and go home to check on things and pick up his mail. He was booking B2Bs on board as he went along. I guess he finally had enough.

If my calculations are correct, 270 days on the Elation doing the 5/5/4 day rotation equals 59 sailings. Yup, I'm bored.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app