Dry Cleaniong/Laundry question

myangel

We will be on the Caribbean Princess, and am looking forward to using the free laundry/dry cleaning for suite passangers. My question is, can you request dry cleaning only on ALL items instead of laundering them?The reason I ask, is that when we were on our Carnival Glory cruise last year, they had a special towards th end of thje week, where they would launder your clothes for $10 a bag, and alot of things came back all shrunk. I don;t want that to happen again, as some of the shirts could not be worn again they were so small.

We did just that with T-shirts and such and they cleaned exactly as we asked. However, having used the Elite free service on three separate ships now, we feel that it is worth exactly what we paid for it .... or a little less. Items are clean, but the pressing has been disastrous, with shirts in particular coming back with collars bent, shiny areas where buttons have been pressed throught the fabric and inappropriate creases ironed in to such an extent that even after two or three washes at home they cannot be entirely erased from the garments.

Thinking how wonderful this benefit would be, we were soooo disappointed. Have we been three times unlucky or do we just have unrealistically high standards?

We've only had the suite on the Grand, but we also noticed the same problem with the pressing. I don't think that you do have unrealistically high standards for the cruise ship laundry. We stayed in suites on HAL which also include complimentary laundry/drycleaning and the pressing has been done properly. I think that Princess needs to do some more training of their laundry staff.

Just an FYI - I used the laundry service on the Sun Princess (I had a B2B) and my sweater that I sent in, did not come back. I have sent the statement of loss (from the Purser's Desk) into Princess and have yet to hear if they are going to cover it - I may have to go to my travel insurance.

I doubt I will be using this service in the future.

I was really looking forward to taking advantage but this service but now you've got me worried.Does anyone have anything good to say about it?

Maybe we just got lucky but the things I sent for both laundry & dry cleaning on the Star this spring came back just fine. I had them 'iron only' both of my hubby's tux shirts and they came back great. Even t-shirts were returned on hangers. Sounds like the service must vary from ship to ship which is no surprise. I'm still planning on using it again this coming spring on the Golden as it really cut down on what I packed and hope I won't be disappointed.

We had a PH on the Diamond July 23-30 and used the laundry service. Had a few items come back a little discolored. Made sure to ask everything to be dry cleaned after some whites came back a little gray. Pressing of shirts was hit and miss. My tux shirt came back pressed very nice and the pants were done well. For the most part we were very happy with the service. Good luck.

Archived