Best Month(s) For Bermuda Cruise For Beaching/Swimming

ajtraveler66

What is the best window of time to go to Bermuda for 'beaching' purposes. We would like the water to be comfortable enough for swimming, but at the same time not so hot that it's miserable to sit out on the beach.

Also prefer a time when storms are less likely. [i realize that might be difficult to 'pin that down'].

Thanks

"They" always say that no Bermudian will go into the water prior to Memorial Day because the water is too cold (I take no responsibility for identifying who "they" are ;) ).

You might want to consider late May through mid June. We happen to like early to mid October, when the air temperature is warm but cooler than mid summer, and the water is still warm.

Technically hurricane season runs from June 1 through Nov. 30, with storm activity being at its peak in August and September.

What is the best window of time to go to Bermuda for 'beaching' purposes. We would like the water to be comfortable enough for swimming, but at the same time not so hot that it's miserable to sit out on the beach.

Also prefer a time when storms are less likely. [i realize that might be difficult to 'pin that down'].

Thanks

I suggest June. I was there this past June 8 and the water was comfortable after being in it a minute. Someone suggested May.......no way, the water is too cool in May. Plus that is when jellyfish are plentiful. October is good too but there is still a chance of a hurricane. My favorite month is September despite there being more chances of a hurricane.

I suggest June. I was there this past June 8 and the water was comfortable after being in it a minute. Someone suggested May.......no way, the water is too cool in May. Plus that is when jellyfish are plentiful. October is good too but there is still a chance of a hurricane. My favorite month is September despite there being more chances of a hurricane.

The jellyfish situation is directly influenced by the wind...one day you might have many or plenty, and the next day...none...

And the "Portuguese man of war" situation is...well...rare.... i would not plan a trip based on that...

Late May to mid june is a great time to go to Bermuda, water around 80f, not too hot, not too humid, and generally great prices on the cruise !!!

The jellyfish situation is directly influenced by the wind...one day you might have many or plenty, and the next day...none...

And the "Portuguese man of war" situation is...well...rare.... i would not plan a trip based on that...

Late May to mid june is a great time to go to Bermuda, water around 80f, not too hot, not too humid, and generally great prices on the cruise !!!

Not all that rare! But not usual to see them. June is a pretty good time to go. My preferred month. Followed by September. Early July is good too except lots of children onboard. No way I will ever go in May again.

Some of the jellyfish I have seen in Bermuda. Seen more than these but often did not take a camera to the beach.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ezr5xjspbzhbmvs/IMG_1190.jpg?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xigkn45fcz8gqah/IMG_3628.jpg?dl=0

Edited by Charles4515
yyy

http://www.bermudaweather.bm/

Average air and water temps.

May 75F 73F

June 81F 78F

July 85F 83F

Aug. 85F 84F

Sept. 84F 82F

Oct. 80F 78F

I hit the worst seas that I have ever encountered after leaving Key West this past Feb.:eek: Nothing came close on all our cruises to Bermuda in late Sept. to Oct. Of course, YMMV.:D

We like September best. We've cruised to Bermuda many, many times in May and Sept. Water is warmer in Sept, though we do go in, in May. Fortunately, we've never run into a hurricane on our Sept cruises, and kids are all back in school, not on cruises.

We like September best. We've cruised to Bermuda many, many times in May and Sept. Water is warmer in Sept, though we do go in, in May. Fortunately, we've never run into a hurricane on our Sept cruises, and kids are all back in school, not on cruises.

September is a great month but I have been affected twice by hurricanes. Had to leave a day early from Bermuda one year and leave a day later from New York another year. The week we left a day later from New York it rained every day in Bermuda. The day we left a day early was a great week and it didn't matter that much because back then when we docked at St. George and Hamilton we had an extra three fifths of a day that the Dockyard itineraries don't have.

Edited by Charles4515
jjjj

I was there the first week of June and even then our large group found it too cold to swim. The pool was perfect on the ship but water was still too cold. I recommend later, like August when the air is starting to cool down, but the ocean temps haven't yet.

I was there the first week of June and even then our large group found it too cold to swim. The pool was perfect on the ship but water was still too cold. I recommend later, like August when the air is starting to cool down, but the ocean temps haven't yet.

There are a wide range of water tolerances people have. I have been there in May and the water was absolutely too cold for me. Yet some seemed to be handling it fine. This past June 8 I was there at the end of that week and was fine with the water temp after being in the water a minute and getting used to it after some initial chill. There were a lot of people in the water. The best temperatures are July, August, and also September, but there could be weather issues in August and September as they are prime hurricane season months. There is a hurricane now which is going to miss Bermuda to the north and east but a little change in track could have impacted Bermuda.

Edited by Charles4515
nnnn

• 2 weeks later...

We don't care so much about the sea temps , though we would if the grandkids were along. But just for walking around we do care about the temperatures. Maybe it was unusual , but we found end of Sept to be waaay too hot and humid.

We don't care so much about the sea temps , though we would if the grandkids were along. But just for walking around we do care about the temperatures. Maybe it was unusual , but we found end of Sept to be waaay too hot and humid.

Late September is usually not very hot and humid in Bermuda in my experience but of course weather is unpredictable. For walking around I think June is the best month. But then again heat and humidity can come at unpredictable times.