First time out of FLL - questions

britty1

First time going out of Fort Lauderdale - staying in hotel at Dania Beach overnight, however I have just learned that there are 7 ships going out of Fort Lauderdale on Nov 15th. Concerned about getting a taxi because if you do a little math 7 ships could = 40,000 people getting off and on the ships. Any advise. ;)

First time going out of Fort Lauderdale - staying in hotel at Dania Beach overnight, however I have just learned that there are 7 ships going out of Fort Lauderdale on Nov 15th. Concerned about getting a taxi because if you do a little math 7 ships could = 40,000 people getting off and on the ships. Any advise. ;)

A taxi wont be an issue - just call in plenty of time. You could also use a private car; kind of expensive for such a short distance but we have done it (Larrys Limo) they are very reliable

Good Luck

You could also use a private car; kind of expensive for such a short distance but we have done it (Larrys Limo) they are very reliable

We are looking for a Car Service to do the deed for our January out of FLL, will give them a call. I'd just rather pay someone well up front to make sure they're at the Airport, Hotel and Cruiseport when needed instead of spin and hope for no whammies.

We've called Yellow Cab the night before and reserved a minivan taxi to take us to the port.

Thank you Bob, we are staying at Springhill Suites in Dania so I will that so hopefully no issues. Again, thank you. :D

Thank you Bob, we are staying at Springhill Suites in Dania so I will that so hopefully no issues. Again, thank you. :D

Yup, that's where we're staying. We booked the Escape Pre-Cruise Package which includes transportation to the cruise terminal.

Escape! Pre-Cruise Package, includes hot buffet breakfast for 2 guests daily, wireless Internet, 1 way transfer

Edited by rhuntington3

We are looking for a Car Service to do the deed for our January out of FLL, will give them a call. I'd just rather pay someone well up front to make sure they're at the Airport, Hotel and Cruiseport when needed instead of spin and hope for no whammies.

I've used larry's Limo (they have other cars) fro over ten years and they have never been late...I even use them to pick up family at the airports when they fly in for a cruise - they provide great service and are pretty reasonable

I dont think you will have too much of a problem reserving a cab or mini van the night before, or even getting a cab that day.

Remeber people still drive and park at the port.

Some get dropped off by friends.

Many do the shuttles from either the hotel or the airport.

Many do.........do cabs.

Many do town car services.

7 ships in port is alot, but things have a way of working out.

Just go the earliest you can, so book your cab for 10:30ish.

Enjoy

Sea Ya

My first time out of FLL also. My question would be for the return leg -- after getting off the ship, are there tons of cabs sitting out front waiting to take people to the airport? Easy enough to get one quickly without prior reservations?

Yes, there are taxi stands right outside the terminal. They keep rotating them around, no big wait or prior reservation required.

It sounds like a lot of ships, but it's just another day at FLL's port!

After leaving that port for more cruises than I can count, this shouldn't even almost make your top 10 list of things to think about.

We used to stay at hotels that had shuttle to the pier, but we never even took one! When my husband walked over to one and saw that it was packed to the gills, I knew he was not going to get on it. Turns out, cabs are so plentiful and cheap, that we'll never bother with a shuttle again.

Now we just stay where we want to (usually Renaissance by Marriott) and just have DH go ask doorman to get us a cab while I'm checking us out. Cab is there when we walk out. You don't even need to do it ahead of time (yes, there are that many cabs available).

Enjoy!

I agree - FLL is no stranger to seven ships at once. Taxis should be no issue. If you are concerned, just ask the hotel to pre-arrange one for you the night before. Another option - rent a car. Depending on the rental company, there are shuttles to the cruise port - or shuttles from nearby drop off locations.

• 5 months later...

We stayed there last Nov. and they do indeed have a FREE shuttle service. They run a number of shuttles each day, just be sure to signup when you register for your room.

They have several different times available for each ship. Pretty good service.

DaveOKC

How did you like the hotel? Having problems finding any deals on hotels for our Jan 28th Oasis cruise. We've paid $99 in the past for the Hyatt Place Dania beach so I refuse to pay $200/night for it on this trip.

We liked the hotel. Rooms are large and include a microwave and coffee maker. Two TVs and a couch. Good free breakfast - coffee in lobby 24 hours.

Only bad thing - not much in walking distance. There is a shopping center across the main street (very heavy traffic) with Kmart, BJs, Home Depot and several fast food places. Dave and Busters basically the best dining option nearby, but a bit of a walk.

I booked there again for my late April cruise.

DaveOKC

Edited by DaveOKC