e visa for Turkey

txflood33

I just completed my online check in for my Med cruise and the pdf says an e visa is required for many countries, including the US and Canada to enter Turkey.

I thought I read on these boards that it wasn't necessary...anyway, I am going to get them at $20 each. It is asking for the dates entering and leaving Turkey. Do most people enter the exact dates listed on their cruise itinerary or can you give yourself a day or 2 on each side?

Sorry if this seems like a silly question, first time traveling internationally other than Mexico and certainly the first time using e visas. I am wondering about the extra days for any issues with the ship or ports need to be swapped for whatever reason....or would they frown upon 'false' dates?

This information was posted on the evisa website:

According to the Law on Foreigners and International Protection which entered into force on 11th April 2014, those foreigners who arrive at sea ports and intend to visit the seaport city or nearby provinces for touristic purpose are exempt from visa provided that their stay does not exceed seventy two (72) hours.

This information was posted on the evisa website:

According to the Law on Foreigners and International Protection which entered into force on 11th April 2014, those foreigners who arrive at sea ports and intend to visit the seaport city or nearby provinces for touristic purpose are exempt from visa provided that their stay does not exceed seventy two (72) hours.

good info...thank you

we are arriving in Istanbul and staying in port over night and the visiting Ephesus but it looks like we will fall in the 72 hour time frame

Yes I know but that's not what I said and isn't what the OP will be doing.
I know this but I am staying overnight in Turkey on a cruise ship and had to get one because I landed in Turkey. She did not say where she got on the ship.

I know this but I am staying overnight in Turkey on a cruise ship and had to get one because I landed in Turkey. She did not say where she got on the ship.

In all honesty, it's he :D...but it's not a problem

I am departing from Rome and returning to the same port. I wanted to double check after reading the 72 hours thing here so I called Celebrity. They really had to dig for the answer, I would have figured things like this would be a relatively common issue. Celebrity said I would not need one.

thanks for all of the info here........the obstacles of a newbie world traveler :cool:

Yes he did :)

we are arriving in Istanbul and staying in port over night and the visiting Ephesus but it looks like we will fall in the 72 hour time frame

I'm glad you got your question answered OP, have a great cruise :)

Edited by DebbieMacG

We are going on the Viking Star next year (I know, wrong board). The cruise ends in Istanbul. I am considering an add on in London after the cruise. This is throughViking, and when I called I was told by them that I would not need a visa. Do any experienced travellers here know the answer? Or if I need a visa to fly back from Istanbul?

Yes he did :)

I'm glad you got your question answered OP, have a great cruise :)

We are arriving in Istanbul and staying over night and visiting Ephesus. I hope he and I both will have a great time.

We are flying into Istanbul early for our 10-14-2014 sailing on the Constellation and we have already done our e-visas. Much simpler to have it than perhaps to have to deal with a low level bureaucrat at Ataturk Airport after a transatlantic flight. Much easier to simply have the visa and hopefully get your luggage and head for the shower....

Ed

We are going on the Viking Star next year (I know, wrong board). The cruise ends in Istanbul. I am considering an add on in London after the cruise. This is throughViking, and when I called I was told by them that I would not need a visa. Do any experienced travellers here know the answer? Or if I need a visa to fly back from Istanbul?

See my post above. #6