Dress code for brunch?

akvols

Brunch and Breakfast in the MDR is pretty casual. The "cover ups " I use for my bathing suit is like a sleeveless summer dress. That would be just fine.

Shorts would be just fine too. I wouldn't walk into the MDR in a bikini with a halter top!!

Brunch and Breakfast in the MDR is pretty casual. The "cover ups " I use for my bathing suit is like a sleeveless summer dress. That would be just fine.

Shorts would be just fine too. I wouldn't walk into the MDR in a bikini with a halter top!!

I wouldn't walk in wearing one either. But then again, I'm a dude.:D

Hmm? My sundresses are dresses that I normally wear out of the house even when I don't have a bathing suit under them. I am not talking about a see through pull over top. I cannot imagine being turned away from the MDR wearing a little summer sun dress?

the dress code is casual, but is a dining room, not the buffet, so I personally would not go in any coverup type clothing, but I am not saying that it is a no no , just that I would not do it. I think that the definition of "coverup" is about as broad as the definition of "tailored shorts". I am not saying there is anything wrong with coverups, in the dining room for brunch, or tailored shorts in the dining room for dinner, just saying, that it leaves a lot of room up for interpretation.

Hmm? My sundresses are dresses that I normally wear out of the house even when I don't have a bathing suit under them. I am not talking about a see through pull over top. I cannot imagine being turned away from the MDR wearing a little summer sun dress?

Gosh, I can't either! :confused:

LuLu

We were once asked to remove our ballcaps (DH and I) before they would seat us for lunch. No problem for DH, but I could not due to hat hair. I was just not thinking, or I would have never even gone to the MDR. Glad they were following the code and we had a room service lunch on our balcony.

Edited by cruisingautiger

I usually wear gym shorts and a tshirt to seaday brunch. In other words I don't get dressed up and I usually just roll out of bed and to the mdr. Then make my way up to lido to get something from say, Mongolian wok or just walk around the ship some. Gives our steward a chance to service the cabin at the least. I've never had a hard time with going into the mdr for brunch wearing gym shorts either. I don't think anyone really gets dressed up for the occasion either based on how I see fellow diners dressed. I wouldn't worry about it at all. Then again, some staff might actually take up issue with it. Depending on who the maitre d is, I have seen people in tanktops try to sneak into the mdr for dinner and one time they were not denied entry. So there is always a chance it could be a problem but its very unlikely.

Edited by FlyingCruiserNJ

Men have to have sleeves on their shirts, DH went to breakfast in MDR in a shirt without sleeves (muscle shirt) and was told he had to change. It covered more than the tank top I had on.

I had on nice shorts and a nice tank top over my bathing suit.