Room Service on Reflection

The Mexillents

Last year we were on the Shilouette and the room service was absolutely awful. CC class used to have a full in room dining experience. Last year the room service did not meet my expectations and was wondering if anyone has had room service on the Reflection? Is it bad line wide or was it just on the Shilouette?

Remember to always enjoy your cruise, and don't sweat the small stuff.

Last year we were on the Shilouette and the room service was absolutely awful. CC class used to have a full in room dining experience. Last year the room service did not meet my expectations and was wondering if anyone has had room service on the Reflection? Is it bad line wide or was it just on the Shilouette?
I don't know about the Silhouette, but years ago when we ordered room service dinners in CC they would set up the table out on the balcony with a white tablecloth, napkins, glasses and cutlery, and a small flower vase.

They stopped doing that quite some time ago.

Now they just bring in the trays, set them down wherever we want them, and leave.

Only one of the many cutbacks on Celebrity cruises, but we continue to enjoy them nonetheless. :)

Room service on the constellation also appears to have taken a hit of

the Modern Luxury! Definitely not what it used to be!

Yes, I remember my first cruise on Celebrity years ago. They'd set up on the balcony with a white table cloth and flowers. Like is mentioned above, they just basically drop it off in the room now. Food is the same but presentation is lacking.

Not the end of the world but it was nice. What I don't like is most of the time our room steward has to deliver the order.

enjoy

I've never had room service that it wasn't brought on a tray (not a suite passenger) but that being said, sometimes the room steward delivered it, sometimes it was brought by a different person. I think it depends on the time of day when the order goes in. Room service dinners have always been a good option and I've never had a problem with getting them on time and as ordered. I agree about the hamburger (and fries) -- they were better than any other burger on the ship. I don't order eggs as room service breakfast, but never had a complaint about the breakfast, either.

Was on Reflection in Aqua Class in Dec. Ordered room service pretty much every day. It was either delivered by our room steward or an associate. Everything was delivered hot and exactly how we ordered...was pleasantly surprised how good the room service was.

Just off Reflection yesterday. If you pre ordered night before was on time. Oatmeal and French toast good. Other hot foods like eggs rubbery and cold. If you called to order it took minimum one hour to 1.5 hours to receive food and quality was hit and miss. New year cruise crowded. No tablecloths etc. Just trays put where you wanted. Quality down from two years ago.

Does anyone know how this is handled in a suite? Do we call room service directly or call our butler? If we want to have dinner in our suite, do we have to arrange this in advance or can we decide last minute?

Edited by cynbar

In the suites the butler should everything. Celebrity touts modern luxury but they are missing many parts.

I love your closing quote and agree with it; but so far, many posts of yours that I've read have been complaints. . .seems a bit ironic

Edited by CathyCruises

Does anyone know how this is handled in a suite? Do we call room service directly or call our butler? If we want to have dinner in our suite, do we have to arrange this in advance or can we decide last minute?
Yes, in a suite the butler will set up the table for you and will serve your dinner one course at a time.

We find that even if we call room service directly ourselves to order a snack, it is still delivered by our butler.

The comment I made previously about just bringing in the trays and setting them down applied to the regular staterooms, not suites.

If you want to order dinner from the main dining room menu, they like you to order it in advance, a little earlier the same day, at least before the regular dinner service begins.

But even if you should decide at the last minute, I think that your butler would try to accommodate you. They are great about bringing you whatever you want, whenever you want it, within reason.

Can't say for sure though as we have never waited until late at night to order dinner delivered from the main dining room menu. The galley staff finishes for the night after the late seating.

The room service dinners from the main dining room menu are typically delivered close to the end of main seating, before late seating begins.

But if you just want to order from the regular room service menu, you can do that whenever you like.

Edited by fleckle

• 2 weeks later...

We are new to Celebrity and will be sailing in Aqua class in a couple of weeks. Can we order anything from the MDR through room service? Or how about Blu? Or is there a set menu for room service? I am just thinking we usually have dinner one or two nights on our balcony when we cruise and would like to do it again on Celebrity.

We are new to Celebrity and will be sailing in Aqua class in a couple of weeks. Can we order anything from the MDR through room service? Or how about Blu? Or is there a set menu for room service? I am just thinking we usually have dinner one or two nights on our balcony when we cruise and would like to do it again on Celebrity.

Except for suites there is a room service menu that is VERY limited. For info on Blu simply go to the Celebrity website. Food there is good and not crowded. FWIW - providing a few extra dollars has always gotten us extra service such as a table cloth and a meal set up on our veranda. Once in a suite we did early dinner overlooking the golden gate Bridge. Gave our attendent $20 and he an hour later invited us to join him and other crew at a private dinner near the port. Was wonderful.

No use complaining about losing the little things. Unfortunately today people want things cheap and fast. Working with the people on Celebrity will get you many of those things back with a couple $$ and some kind words and a thank you!

Except for suites there is a room service menu that is VERY limited. For info on Blu simply go to the Celebrity website. Food there is good and not crowded. FWIW - providing a few extra dollars has always gotten us extra service such as a table cloth and a meal set up on our veranda. Once in a suite we did early dinner overlooking the golden gate Bridge. Gave our attendent $20 and he an hour later invited us to join him and other crew at a private dinner near the port. Was wonderful.

No use complaining about losing the little things. Unfortunately today people want things cheap and fast. Working with the people on Celebrity will get you many of those things back with a couple $$ and some kind words and a thank you!

Room service menu is the same for all cabins and is not different for suites, it is NOT LIMITED whatsoever. All cabins for close to 20 years have been able to have MDR menus delivered to their room for both lunch and dinner. You cannot get the Blu menu delivered to your cabin, only MDR.

I thought there were some differences in menus starting with CC, has it changed? Or am I confusing what's available on the TV Menu and what available for the breakfast card...

Its not a difference in what's available, there is a difference in what you may have to pay for. Almost everything available to suites is available free to the rest of the cabins, a couple of things you get charged for like smoothies and capuchinos. Very little difference but I was answering what that poster said that the other cabins have limited menus, that is simply not true. Someone awhile back had actually posted the differences in the menus for breakfast and even though Celebrity advertises expanded breakfast for CC and above, the difference was minimal.

There are different versions of the breakfast hang tag menus. On some ships the breakfast hang tag menus for cabins below CC have a very limited selection. But you can still get a wide array of "standard" hot and cold breakfast items my writing them in or phoning room service (can phone in orders the night before for breakfast). If in doubt call room service to see if you can order a specific item such bacon or an omelet with your choice of common omelet ingredients.

For breakfast, only a small number of special items, such as smoothies and unusual egg dishes, are not available in all cabins.

I love your closing quote and agree with it; but so far, many posts of yours that I've read have been complaints. . .seems a bit ironic

I didn't mean for the comment to sound like a complaint. I just wanted to know if Room Service was still bad. Instead of ordering we just go to buffet or MDR for Breakfast. No buggy really.

Just off silhouette

Room service breakfast menu cc & above does have more included items

We ordered 6 out of 7 mornings

It was delivered on a nice wooden tray set on coffee table

It was correct every day, eggs were not rubbery, we had french toast pancakes yogurt & berry granola, etc

Food was warm, coffee hot, fresh squeezed OJ and grapefruit juice cold

We were happy

Breakfast in Blu fantastic

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Edited by true45

Just off silhouette

It was correct every day, eggs were not rubbery, we had french toast pancakes yogurt & berry granola, etc

We were happy

Just to make a point, the individual I quoted was writing about all three meals. The items in CC and above that you mention can still be had by someone but at a price. Doesn't mean you can't get them.

Just off silhouette

We were happy

Thanks, we feel must better now after reading your comments.

I didn't mean for the comment to sound like a complaint. I just wanted to know if Room Service was still bad. Instead of ordering we just go to buffet or MDR for Breakfast. No buggy really.

I have not sailed on Reflection but we've not seen a major difference in room service between the other ships.

Quality of hot items: This varies considerably. I think it is mostly luck of the draw but it also probably depends most on how busy the room service kitchen and delivery staff is as this can make a difference in the time between hot items coming off the stove and making it to your cabin. Naturally they are the busiest on early port mornings when a larger percentage of passengers are getting ready to leave the ship in the same time frame. The only cruise where we had great room service breakfast every morning was the one time we had a Sky Suite where the butler took care of room service.

Promptness: If ordered the night before it was usually very prompt and we always get a call a couple minutes before they deliver. If you order in the morning for ASAP delivery the wait is usually very long.

Because of the length of time a last minute order takes, we typically only have room service on days we're getting up according to a schedule - which is usually only port days. On days we're not on schedule we don't know in advance when we're going to get up so we'll breakfast in the buffet. I'll usually run to the buffet, or Café al Bacio, earlier for coffee to bring back and enjoy on our veranda as we wake up.

I've also found that the buffet has the best selection of breakfast food on board.

Edited by Lsimon