Best transportation price for ORL to Port Caneveral

Derbie

What is the best price for four people to get from the airport to a hotel near the port? There are four of us. We were looking at booking a rental car; however, we are beginning to think it might be just as cheap to take a shuttle. Any suggestions? Thanks so much!

What is the best price for four people to get from the airport to a hotel near the port? There are four of us. We were looking at booking a rental car; however, we are beginning to think it might be just as cheap to take a shuttle. Any suggestions? Thanks so much!

A one-way rental (even with possible drop-off fees) from MCO is bound to be cheaper that four separate shuttle fares + tip. Do the math and you'll see.

Edited by Orlando Vic

A one-way rental (even with possible drop-off fees) from MCO is bound to be cheaper that four separate shuttle fares + tip. Do the math and you'll see.

My husband found a vehicle for $87.00 (including fees). He also located a shuttle for $20.00 pp. Of course, this doesn't include a tip. This is why I wanted recommendations and/or directives. I should have laid out the costs in the first posting. Thanks.

Shuttle: $20/pp X4 = $80 + 15% tip = $92

I did a very quick dummy booking with Thrifty using corporate discount 004M001010 (the Orlando Magicard rate and available to all) and came up with $68.44 for a mid -size car and not counting two tolls @$1 each and probably no more than $5 for gas.

I think if you research this thoroughly, you can get it down even lower, especially if you use Priceline for your rental.

My husband found a vehicle for $87.00 (including fees). He also located a shuttle for $20.00 pp. Of course, this doesn't include a tip. This is why I wanted recommendations and/or directives. I should have laid out the costs in the first posting. Thanks.

Budget is typically around $30 for a midsize. Are you looking for something bigger

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

Regarding the tolls: I know that I've read before that there are 2 $1.00 cash tolls as Orlando Vic stated. But I've just read on Carnivals forum where someone posted to check into the sunpass which is $4.00 per day because there are some exits that have no booth so you'll be charged anyway.

Is that right? We are flying into Orlando and plan to rent a car upon landing and drive to Cocoa Beach for 2 day precruise stay. Will we be paying 2 $1.00 tolls (cash) and that's it during our transit to Cocoa Beach? from what it looks like on google map, we stay on 528 from the airport all the way to port Canaveral where it turns to A1A but we don't really exit off anywhere. A1A goes all the way down the Cocoa Beach.

Can someone please confirm for me? Maybe I'm looking at the map all wrong? Is it $2.00 total? is Cash the way to go rather than the sunpass?

Please and thank you:)

Budget is typically around $30 for a midsize. Are you looking for something bigger

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

We can go this route. We were pricing both compact, as well as midsize. There is $15-$20 charge to drop a vehicle at the port. I will check Budget, but I believe they also charge the drop off fee. I appreciate your feedback. Thanks a bunch.

Can someone please confirm for me? Maybe I'm looking at the map all wrong? Is it $2.00 total? is Cash the way to go rather than the sunpass?

Yes, it's $2 total. Yes, cash is the way to go. No, you don't need a SunPass (despite what the rental car company "may" tell you. Some of them are notorious for upselling unnecessary options.) Just stay in the far right lane to pay in cash.

We are paying 24.50 for a one way rental from Budget for a compact to cape canaveral this friday from orlando airport. That is the total cost, no drop off charge.

Everything we priced out; included, drop off fee. Also, there are a lot of taxes, fees, etc. We are paying $85.00 to go to the port, and around $70 for the return. We are traveling 10/4. Gosh...I wish I could find something this cheap!

Everything we priced out; included, drop off fee. Also, there are a lot of taxes, fees, etc. We are paying $85.00 to go to the port, and around $70 for the return. We are traveling 10/4. Gosh...I wish I could find something this cheap!

Book something you can live with and then keep shopping - price drops and discounts tend to show up closer to your rental date. Use a travel web site to compare prices among many agencies with offices at both MCO &PC/Cocoa Beach -- I like carrentals dot com.

does anyone know which rental companies have free transportation to the Port Canaveral cruise port from their drop off location? I would like to drop off at the North Atlantic Ave locations rather than the airport.

We used Enterprise, which had free drop off at the port.

does anyone know which rental companies have free transportation to the Port Canaveral cruise port from their drop off location? I would like to drop off at the North Atlantic Ave locations rather than the airport.

Most of the major agencies (Avis, etc.) are located close to the port and offer free shuttles to/from the port.

There are NO drop off fees for any rental car places that operate at both MCO and the Port Canaveral area.

how about if you don't rent a car? what is the best way to get from Orlando to Port Canaveral to a hotel..? what company do you recommend

for shuttle service/

thanks for the information..need this for a Feb. cruise

Give Beachline Transportation a call. Good people, fair prices.

Rentals are so nice to be able to stop if you need, especially if you want to buy stuff like soda/pop/water or whatever before heading to the port. Since Dollar/Thrifty got bought out by Hertz, they no longer have lower prices (around $80 one way).

Edited by Davey Wavey