Changing after stingray excursion

rajacks

Hi, everyone! We are doing an excursion to Stingray City that will end about 2:00. Since we don't sail until 6:00, we were thinking about doing a late lunch on shore.

Here's my dilemma....we will need to change clothes, but don't want to spend the time to tender out to the ship and back. (I actually think that would leave us with not much time to do anything, anyway!) I've been to Grand Cayman several times, but we always either did beach/water stuff OR dry land stuff all day, so I have no idea if there is any place close to the pier where we could change into dry clothes. Any ideas/suggestions?

Thanks!

Ruth

What kind of boat will you be on? We have done the same and just changed on the sailboat/cat that we took out to Stingrays. They have all had freshwater showers and we would take off our suits, shower and put on our dry clothes for the afternoon in town. Worked out well. Take a gallon ziplock for your wet suits and a backpack or beach bag to carry them around.

Why do you need to change? Just towel off, dry, and put shorts/tee over your suit! Not a big deal at all!

I do NOT like walking around salty and damp. At a minimum I take off my bottoms (which never seem to dry) and slather up with lotion. I hate how my skin feels after saltwater. Gotta rinse it off and put on something dry for shopping/eating or I'm not comfortable at all.

:)

Hi, everyone! We are doing an excursion to Stingray City that will end about 2:00. Since we don't sail until 6:00, we were thinking about doing a late lunch on shore.

Here's my dilemma....we will need to change clothes, but don't want to spend the time to tender out to the ship and back. (I actually think that would leave us with not much time to do anything, anyway!) I've been to Grand Cayman several times, but we always either did beach/water stuff OR dry land stuff all day, so I have no idea if there is any place close to the pier where we could change into dry clothes. Any ideas/suggestions?

Thanks!

Ruth

what you find out is-- what time is your last tender--sometimes the last tender is at 4pm

you also want to find out if your ship changes to island time to reflect grand cayman or does it stay the time from the port you left

I was in cayman a few years back.

I have heard that the boat returns to the yacht club and they have brand new bathroom and changing room facility.

When you get off the boat you should have time before the bus ride back to the port.

once changed you can ask the driver to drop you at one of better restaurants, depending on what you like... mexican, indian, italian, sushi etc