BOGOF Offer

Jimbo

I don't understand why people believe any promotion, but especially the various BOGO promotions are "deceptive" or "bait and switch"? RCCL uses the promotion price on the website as the first price people see so it is easy to compare bottom line prices if that is what people are doing. Click on the price detail and one can easily see the full price less the promotion savings. Pretty simple.

If one decides to compare what they paid with someone on the same curise in the same category you are only asking for aggrevation IMHO.

I booked an Oasis curise in a Jr Suite halfway through the first BOGO promotion and I paid approximately the same per person for 3 of us to cruise as I paid for an Allure cruise for 2 last November. I am absolutely positive I paid more per person than others who booked the same cruise in a Jr Suite at the beginning of the BOGO promotion or even before. But I am also very certain I paid less that somone who was booked this same curise since. Bottom line is I booked a cruise at a price I was comfortable with at what I believe to be a good deal, and did so without thinking once RCCL was being "underhanded" in their pricing.

To help you understand. Do a ghost booking for the Oasis Jan 31, 2015 category C1 balcony. First try it with the bogoho. Then try it as a Georgia resident (most other states work also) or as a senior.

Then you will understand.

The bogoho is $2106. the resident, senior etc. $1892

Edited by rt1092