BOGOF Offer

Jimbo

It's just a marketing ploy for the uninformed! The BOGOHO is not really a sale (IMHO) because of the way they jack up the per person price. Once the BOGOHO promotion ends, I am sure the per person fares will come back down.

How come when I click on the cruise to see the price, the 1st person's rate is jacked up?

Jimbo:)

Because the price they "hook" you on up front is the average of the full price and the half off second price. Sounds good at first because you are thinking the second one must be half of the "hook" advertised price. Not illegal but certainly misleading.

On a recent cruise. At breakfast we were talking to our next door neighbors (same cabin class) They bragged about the bogoho sale and how well they did. I mentioned what we paid and coffee came out of his nose. He was not a happy camper after that. They were first time (maybe last time) cruisers. I explained that the fares are treated like airlines, but he was uspet with the "bait and switch" tactics.

Edited by rt1092

Jewel of the Seas

October 10, 2015

Category E3 - 2 people

This can't be right it is? $4582 for the first person, $2432 for the second?

tateroom Stateroom Total $7,015.02 USD

Guest 1 Guest 2

Cruise Fare: $4,299.00 $4,299.00

Taxes, fees and port expenses: $283.51 $283.51

Discount: $0.00 ($2,150.00)

Per Person Total: $4,582.51 $2,432.51

Jimbo:)

The first sale in May, right after the kids sail free promo, was a good one. Got a C1 balcony cat. on Oasis sailing on Feb. 6, '16 for less that $800 per, including balcony discount. Also, got $150 OBC and dinner for 2 from my TA.

The first sale in May, right after the kids sail free promo, was a good one. Got a C1 balcony cat. on Oasis sailing on Feb. 6, '16 for less that $800 per, including balcony discount. Also, got $150 OBC and dinner for 2 from my TA.

I agree, I booked a ton of cruises when the BOGOHO first came out and got amazing deals. After the first week or so, the prices just kept creeping up. Now the BOGOHO is not that great of a deal. But I have cruises booked almost every month for the next year and 1/2 due to the deals I got with the BOGOHO

On a recent cruise. At breakfast we were talking to our next door neighbors (same cabin class) They bragged about the bogoho sale and how well they did. I mentioned what we paid and coffee came out of his nose. He was not a happy camper after that. They were first time (maybe last time) cruisers. I explained that the fares are treated like airlines, but he was uspet with the "bait and switch" tactics.

I don't understand why people believe any promotion, but especially the various BOGO promotions are "deceptive" or "bait and switch"? RCCL uses the promotion price on the website as the first price people see so it is easy to compare bottom line prices if that is what people are doing. Click on the price detail and one can easily see the full price less the promotion savings. Pretty simple.

If one decides to compare what they paid with someone on the same curise in the same category you are only asking for aggrevation IMHO.

I booked an Oasis curise in a Jr Suite halfway through the first BOGO promotion and I paid approximately the same per person for 3 of us to curise as I paid for an Allure cruise for 2 last November. I am absolutely positive I paid more per person than others who booked the same cruise in a Jr Suite at the beginning of the BOGO promotion or even before. But I am also very certain I paid less that somone who was booked this same curise since. Bottom line is I booked a cruise at a price I was comfortable with at what I believe to be a good deal, and did so without thinking once RCCL was being "underhanded" in their pricing.

Guest maddycat
It's just a marketing ploy for the uninformed! The BOGOHO is not really a sale (IMHO) because of the way they jack up the per person price. Once the BOGOHO promotion ends, I am sure the per person fares will come back down.

That wasn't true in our case. We booked the Liberty for Oct 2015 while on the Explorer in late April. We returned from the cruise on May 3rd. That weekend I went to RCI's website to check prices for our booked cruises. The BOGOHO sale was on. I called RCI and got the price of our cruise reduced by $814.

I got a good deal when the BOGOHO first came out in I think May - saved about $350 making it about $830 per person for an E2 balcony. That same room now is $1,800 per person so $3600.00 for 2 people in a balcony room, then half off making it $2700 for two people (not including any fees). Absolutely ridiculous prices. I need to book another room but I will wait for this BOGOHO to be over and see if he prices come down to normal.

I am hoping it will be over next week. Anyone know for sure when it ends.

I got a good deal when the BOGOHO first came out in I think May - saved about $350 making it about $830 per person for an E2 balcony. That same room now is $1,800 per person so $3600.00 for 2 people in a balcony room, then half off making it $2700 for two people (not including any fees). Absolutely ridiculous prices. I need to book another room but I will wait for this BOGOHO to be over and see if he prices come down to normal.

I am hoping it will be over next week. Anyone know for sure when it ends.

Just bringing this post back to the top to see if anyone has any answers. Thanks.

Just bringing this post back to the top to see if anyone has any answers. Thanks.

As far as "seeing when it ends", in essence it has ended and then immediately restarted a couple of different times since the May BOGOHO. If you see posts from people that say they saved quite a bit of money, I would bet that they booked during the first few days of May. I booked three cruises at that time and saved a ton, so it definitely was a "real sale", at least for a few days before the prices began to rise. I was able to get an Owners Suite on the Oasis for less than a Junior Suite is now going for.

Because people and myself included booked the cruises so far in advance, if they come down in price can't we just get the lower price. I am talking before final payment. Mine is for sept 2015, final payment is july 2014. I thought I would wait and see. I could always cancel!!!!

Because people and myself included booked the cruises so far in advance, if they come down in price can't we just get the lower price. I am talking before final payment. Mine is for sept 2015, final payment is july 2014. I thought I would wait and see. I could always cancel!!!!

Yes you can get the lower price. The BOGOHO will come off but if the final price is less than your current BOGOHO price then you have saved money.