Hawaii-Millie or Solstice??

jzad

Good morning all,

We are considering doing a cruise of Hawaii and we are trying to choose between Millenium or Solstice. They both start in Honolulu and end in Vancouver, BC. Millenium is a bit cheaper and has an extra day (in port in Honolulu). Solstice is of course a newer and larger ship but is only 10 days instead of 11.

Opionions on which you would prefer and why would be greatly appreciated.

I assume you are looking at the 2 cruises listed for 2016

http://www.celebritycruises.com/cruise-search/search-results?isWidget=false&dest=HAWAI&sailStartDate=ANY&sailEndDate=ANY&ship=ANY&port=HNL

Personally, with close to Identical Itineraries and so many sea days (5) I think I would opt for The Solstice in that she is a bigger ship with more to do, and better stabilizers (newer) for the open sea

Hope this helps,

Cheers!

Edited by Sloop-JohnB

I assume you are looking at the 2 cruises listed for 2016

http://www.celebritycruises.com/cruise-search/search-results?isWidget=false&dest=HAWAI&sailStartDate=ANY&sailEndDate=ANY&ship=ANY&port=HNL

Personally, with close to Identical Itineraries and so many sea days (5) I think I would opt for The Solstice in that she is a bigger ship with more to do, and better stabilizers (newer) for the open sea

Hope this helps,

Cheers!

Yes, we are looking at April 2016. I was leaning to Solstice as well but my Best Friend who's 50th birthday we will be celebrating likes the overnight in Honolulu.

Thank you so much for your input

Good morning all, We are considering doing a cruise of Hawaii and we are trying to choose between Millenium or Solstice. They both start in Honolulu and end in Vancouver, BC. Millenium is a bit cheaper and has an extra day (in port in Honolulu). Solstice is of course a newer and larger ship but is only 10 days instead of 11. Opionions on which you would prefer and why would be greatly appreciated.

We have done two sailings on the Solstice and agree with the others on its "values" in being newer with more options, etc. Below is a link for a series of visuals and other details from our two sailings on this excellent ship.

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

Did a “Solstice: Visuals, Highlights Shared!” summary from two different adventures on this ship with many pictures and other details on its many options. This includes our recent Australia to New Zealand sailing. Check it out, including these recent updates, at:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1803477

Now at 24,354 views for this posting.

I would also pick the Solstice for the same reasons mentioned. More to do on all those sea days. Nicer ship. And I'm in the camp that loves the lawn - a very relaxing place to hang out while at sea.

Below are two of my "evidence" items for the charm and interest with the Solstice lawn, its style, etc.

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

Back from doing a 14-day Celebrity Solstice, Jan. 20-Feb. 3, 2014, Sydney to Auckland adventure on this ship and getting a big sampling for the wonders of "down under” before and after this cruise. Go to:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1974139

for much more information and lots of wonderful pictures on these amazing sights in this great part of the world. Now at 76,063 views for this fun posting.

In the top, back area near the Sunset Bar with live grass, some enjoy this area by reading, playing on the lawn or sun-bathing there. Usually, it’s not too crowded!:

SolsticeLawnBackSunSoaking.jpg

On the top, back of the Solstice, here is a wider view of Corning Hot Glass show area, plus the green grass and the unique covering designs for this special area of the ship. Classy design touches and style!!:

SolsticeGlassGrassBack.jpg

We have been on both of these ships and to Hawaii several times. I would definitely choose Solstice over Millennium. Our least favorite cruise was on Millennium. I think Solstice is better in almost every way. It is a beautiful ship and we had a great trip to Hawaii on her last year. Crew is great, food is great. You will love it.

Hands down, I would definitely pick the Solstice! While I enjoy the smaller size of the Millenium, it is definitely showing its age. Unfortunately, on most of the Asia cruises we're looking at and have been on, there is no choice but the Mille. Last year, on our Transpacific we were on the Solstice again and it is still lovely.

Definitely Solstice. We did this cruise last April and it was wonderful. Is it not staying overnight in Honolulu in 2016? We began our cruise that way. The harbour in Kauai is very small and I think it got knocked off the list when NCL had several ships sailing 7 day cruises around Hawaii. Each ship stayed overnight in Kauai making it nearly impossible for anyone else to dock there. Now that there is only one NCL ship doing the 7 day Hawaii, I hope Celebrity puts Kauai back on the list of Hawaiian ports. It's truly a lovely island.