ladies - what do you carry instead of a "purse"?

My son is a sound engineer and is on a plane each week traveling to his next destination. I purchased a travel bag for him from QVC. It's not the tiny kind that I think you all are talking about, but would be great for port excursions or if you're flying.

I don't like backpacks as it's the only time I've ever encountered a pickpocket.Luckily I saw his reflection in the store window and new anyone walking that close to me was up to no good. He had not one but two compartments open by the time I turned around and got in his face. No more backpacks for me.

This travel bag is the kind that crosses infront of you and while I don't love that what it does is prevents the bag from moving around. This bag stays glued to your side. Put it on and bend over and the thing never flaps or falls forward away from your body, a problem I have constantly with my own purse. It sits more to the front side of your thigh than hanging down your side, If I remember correctly. So it doens't catch on the seats as you go down the isle of the plane. It's too large to carry around while on board the ship but I think it has a travel purpose!

Item Number F1178

Black Travelon Shoulder Bag with Travel ID Holder

www.qvc.com

It's only $19.00

tinsel57

Sandy - Does the "sanity wallet" come with sanity included or do you have to provide your own? Ha ha ha. icon_wink.gif

lszu

Sovereign 7/99

Monarch 7/00

Vision 9/01

Voyager 9/02

Adventure 9/03

Well, another option is something I carry all the time in lieu of a wallet. I hadn't thought about carrying it on the cruise, but I guess I will now. I found a red leather wristlet from Coach on Ebay. It has a small handle that you can detach to hang from a belt loop, etc. Coach.com also has them, but they are way to expensive. Here is a picture of the one I have. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=15738&item=3473398008&rd=1

When a girlfriend and I went to Las Vegas she had a beautiful 'fanny pack'. She's a flight attendant and picked it up somwhere exotic. It was beaded in black and fairly small. It was so pretty. I wouldn't have minded using it at all, but I've never seen one. If I do I will snap it up right away!

Matt - LOL! Sounds like she got the ultimate accessory! As long as she doesn't start calling you and old bag!

lszu

Sovereign 7/99

Monarch 7/00

Vision 9/01

Voyager 9/02

Adventure 9/03

No one has mentioned the Vera Bradley line of purses!!! I use them all the time and have a backpack type purse that is very lightweight. It also has a lot of pockets inside the purses. If you go to verabradley.com it will show the different styles and store locations. The purses are very light. Try it your like it. icon_razz.gif

Carole

I agree with the Vera Bradley bags. I got a backpack as a gift, with the matching wallet and glass case. I usually don't like backpacks because they are too heavy, but this one is light. I usually use a Coach fanny pack. I might end up using both.

One to carry things in and one for my wallet.

Donna

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=4169e1&cdt=2004;04;25;22;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Sky April 25, 2004 PANAMA CANAL

I generally use a fanny pack while in Vegas but it hurts my back after a while. I've been looking for a different type and saw a great travel bag on QVC tonight - it lays across the body and looks great for cruising. It's #F8398 and was about $20.

~Holly

• 3 weeks later...

Archived