Snow!

sharkaymon

This past January we cruised back into NOLA into an ice storm, the bridges were closed, the roads out of town were closed, and our bus couldn't get through, we rented a car and headed back home-salt and sand on all the bridges until we got into center Alabama.

On our first Legend cruise out of Tampa we got back into port in a sleet storm. Really knocks out all that Caribbean glow!

Our cruise on CCL Conquest departs Miami on Sunday, September 14th. I depart Colorado Springs tomorrow at 10:30.

Snow is predicted for today but the weatherman promises it will blow on through and be gone by tomorrow. UGH! Just one more thing to be concerned about.

Have any of you taken off in snow on your way to a cruise?:eek:

No snow in Arvada, Co, just west and south of us. 77 degrees tomorrow and 84 on Sunday. I hate Colorado weather.

Our cruise on CCL Conquest departs Miami on Sunday, September 14th. I depart Colorado Springs tomorrow at 10:30.

Snow is predicted for today but the weatherman promises it will blow on through and be gone by tomorrow. UGH! Just one more thing to be concerned about.

I live in Maine! And that is the number one reason we leave early! Have I actually flown out in snow? Yep! De-icing of wings and everything. :eek::p

Yes -- we live in PA. Have taken off in snow quite a few times.

This past February we missed our cruise because of a major snow storm on the east coast that shut down Atlanta and Charlotte for the better part of 4 days and our connecting flight was through Atlanta. And we even were scheduled to leave 3 days before the cruise. 75,000 flights were cancelled during that time.

Yup, almost every cruise we've ever taken we've left either during a snowstorm or shortly after. In fact, this is our backyard 2 days ago... and we fully expect to see the same next month when we depart for our Conquest cruise :) :10458725_426916474113441_148433868580258246_n.jpg?oh=c196952bc298b0dd70b9fab17742e1c1&oe=5493F190&__gda__=1422814681_8e1c45f840ca98edde33707f10544a27

And I was whining because it might not get out of the 40's today and I may have to cover my tomato plants tonight!

I feel for you; have a son who lives in Montana--I have seen it snow there every month except July (not counting mountain tops, where there is always snow).

I followed a forum here on cc this past winter of a group from Massachusetts who drove to Florida at the last minute during a blizzard here in New England that shut down the airports... She kept us informed of her entire adventure, sliding all the way thru my state (CT) & the relief to find bare ground south of Jersey. I think they drove thru the night & got there with a couple of hours to spare...then all was well when she got her first drink onboard. ;) I love a happy ending. Enjoy your cruise!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Yes, I almost missed my connecting flight to Fort Lauderdale because my inbound flight was so late. I got to the airport in plenty of time, and stupidly didn't take an earlier flight...although looking back I seem to remember that that flight was full.

My inbound flight was delayed by ice, and I had to run for the connection. The fabulous flight attendant let me get off first, and the fabulous first officer gave me directions to the connecting gate, because I hadn't been to that airport before. My bag made it, too!

I was flying in the night before so there is a chance I still could have made a later flight and caught the ship, but I'm glad I didn't have to deal with that possibility.

Hope you have a safe flight and a great cruise!

Buffalo new york is where i fly from. Breathe the airports in the winter belts are well taken care of. The pilots are winter experienced ... breathe. I have taken off many times in snow ,, the run ways are more well taken care of then the highways....

The only thing that can stop you in that word that starts with a B .......:( Blizzard. I have been very very very lucky and been on the last plane out of Buffalo for a cruise, but i had a back up plan just in case...

If you ever hear a lady (I use that term very loosely) yelling at the top of her lungs in the middle of the airport when there is a blizzard going on ...saying she needs a co driver to get to Miami in 2 days ... well that would be me.. winter cruises and coming from a snow belt i give myself 2 days to get there even if flying. enough time to drive... if i really had to.

Breathe you will be fine

The crummy part is the airlines divert planes a day in advance of predicted snow as they don't want planes stuck on the ground. If Boston is predicted to get snow, they stop bringing in the planes we were to fly and even if the snow is manageable, it takes days to get the schedules running smoothly again.

Yes I have! Very first cruise from Iowa to LAX. Connection at O'Hare in Chicago (always an animal house). Snow had just started to fall as we took off. A Winter Weather Advisory in effect for the area during departure, and heavy rain heading into LAX. Luckily, I flew in the day before, and there were only minor delays. :cool:

I haven't seen any so far today on the north side of CS. You might need a coat on the way to the airport though! Bon voyage!