VF or SZ

airboss1998

Sorry, this is a last minute Hail-Mary as I try to book a surprise for my wife....

Looking at the Westerdam, eastern Caribbean, this is cruise #6, 5th on HAL. We've always done balconies, had pretty good luck getting upgrades.

(We were actually looking at a western Caribbean, in a VF @$629, but like the eastern itinerary a little better, and VF is $799). Can book an SZ @ $999, and just wondered the differences?

Rambling - for us, it is really just spending time on the ship, on the water. Nice weather, great food, relaxing on our balcony. We've done both locations, but prefer more time at sea. Just wondering if the extra $$ is worth the nicer cabin/suite?

Thanks.

Sorry, this is a last minute Hail-Mary as I try to book a surprise for my wife....

(We were actually looking at a western Caribbean, in a VF @$629, but like the eastern itinerary a little better, and VF is $799). Can book an SZ @ $999, and just wondered the differences?

Rambling - for us, it is really just spending time on the ship, on the water. Nice weather, great food, relaxing on our balcony. We've done both locations, but prefer more time at sea. Just wondering if the extra $$ is worth the nicer cabin/suite?

Thanks.

By booking a SZ, you will earn double Mariner points and be in a much larger cabin.

The only thing I would be concerned about with the SZ is that there are only two on the ship. They are both next to the hump staterooms therefore the verandah is slightly overlooked by their verandah.

I'm not sure if the rate you quoted was to pick a specific stateroom, but suspect it may be a guarantee, as it is a good price.

If you're not bothered about being slightly overlooked, I would go for it. There are others with higher categories that are also overlooked from areas such as the outside elevators, but would you be bothered about that.

Chances are, if it's a guarantee SZ there is very little chance of receiving one and although it's hard to predict, I'd say it would be quite common to receive at least an SY.

Edited by richardukcruise

• 4 weeks later...
By picking an "S" category, you are one step closer to an upgrade to a Neptune Suite. In any case, you will like the larger space and the double Mariner points.
We actually booked an SZ, got assigned an SY (nearly three weeks out), guessing everything is full (thus the 'early' assignments). It would be a dream-come-true to get to the ship and be assigned a Neptune suite..... not holding our breath, but it would be sweet (or suite)!

• 2 weeks later...