Passport with name change?

ragethjj23

Not everyone changes names when they get married. The only thing that has to be done is that the cruise res and the passport should match. The cruiseline will probably accept the old passport as ID if you bring your marriage license to show the new name. IF you need to fly back home for an emergency your wife can certainly use the passport with her maiden name if you book her airline ticket in that name. The passport is till a legal document and the name on it will be fine as long as it matches air tix , until the passport expires and then you can get the name changed if you like(or not)

Good to know. But if we missed the ship and needed the passport to make it back it should probably be the correct name I'm assuming?

As long as it's a valid passport the name doesn't really matter. CBP won't compare it to any kind of state database and foreign governments won't accept a state issued ID.

Her old passport has over a year of validity left. Why would you want to lose that money already spent? Her passport is FINE, it trumps any other identification. All you need to do is remember to book any travel, when you are using the passport for documentation, is to book in her maiden name (or the name in the passport).

I just had this issue. My husband booked the reservation in my married name and my passport is in my maiden name. I called Carnival to see what to do about it and they said the best thing is to change the reservation into the name on the passport. They said it could be difficult if you tried to keep it and took a marriage license. It took a quick phone call and it was taken care of. Also, if you booked it through a travel agent, they are the only ones that can change the name. Carnival cannot.

I just had this issue. My husband booked the reservation in my married name and my passport is in my maiden name. I called Carnival to see what to do about it and they said the best thing is to change the reservation into the name on the passport. They said it could be difficult if you tried to keep it and took a marriage license. It took a quick phone call and it was taken care of. Also, if you booked it through a travel agent, they are the only ones that can change the name. Carnival cannot.

I changed it online, but had to drop the vifp number as the name (new name) didn't match what I changed the reservation to. But that seems like it would be something easy to fix so im not worried about that.

This is great to know. Cruising in dec and son just got married. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

We cruise so often (and many times last minute) that we haven't had a chance to change our passports yet, plus they still have 3-4 years left on them because we have to pay the full renewal price. We just book the cruise in our maiden names and go with it. We're hoping to get them updated after our Thanksgiving cruise. We've cruised this way for five cruises since we got married last year.

Why don't you just get an amended passport?

Just send your passport plus marriage license and a check for I think it was about $10. Got it back in a matter of a couple of weeks.

There was a notation on the front page that told people to look on the back page because that's where the name change was.

Check on the passport webpage to get the exact things you need to do.

Why don't you just get an amended passport?

Just send your passport plus marriage license and a check for I think it was about $10. Got it back in a matter of a couple of weeks.

There was a notation on the front page that told people to look on the back page because that's where the name change was.

Check on the passport webpage to get the exact things you need to do.

They don't do amended passports anymore. They haven't for about 10 years.