Dawn owners suite 12500 questions

ncrick75

Good evening everyone!

My spouse and I are traveling in March in this cabin and want to know if it is very similar or close in appearance and layout to the NCL Stars cabin 12500 we traveled in several years ago. I know they are sister ships but were dry docked at different times. We loved the cabin in the star and it's fresh set up and appearance. Has anyone travelled in both to give a comparison, or have any pictures of the cabin of the Dawn?

Thanks!

Good evening everyone!

My spouse and I are traveling in March in this cabin and want to know if it is very similar or close in appearance and layout to the NCL Stars cabin 12500 we traveled in several years ago. I know they are sister ships but were dry docked at different times. We loved the cabin in the star and it's fresh set up and appearance. Has anyone travelled in both to give a comparison, or have any pictures of the cabin of the Dawn?

Thanks!

While we did not sail on the Dawn's, we were in 12002 on Star and I"ve looked a numerous pictures of all four DOS on Dawn and Star. The only differences are a darker carpet on Dawn, different furniture, and they may not have the dvd player in the bedroom. Not much else.

This is one of the middle two of the four DOS, right?

We just got off the Dawn yesterday, and were in 12002, which is one of the end ones (and is NOT the same as the two middle suites).

You might want to go to the Roll Call for the 05 Sep 2014 sailing, and ask about this. The Roll Call coordinator, Jan_In_Maine, had 12000, which is the mirror-image of the suite you have booked.

The middle two DOS suites are 2BR, 2BA, plus the Living/Dining area, and the extra bedroom and bathroom would be ideal if there are more than 2 people. (The extra bathroom would be nice even for two, of course!)

We got a quick peek inside, and it was really nice.

It would be nice if NCL would post Floor Plans of ALL "configurations" when there are identical cabin categories with very different floor plans.

If the only difference is "mirror image", no problem. We can all figure that out.

But when there are VERY different "versions" of the same category type, it's too easy to make a mistake that one is reserving something very similar to the diagram shown online. That is NOT the case with the two middle DOS suites on the Dawn.

Or it could be too easy not to be quite sure what one will be "getting", etc.

We absolutely loved 12002, but there were just two of us.

(Note: Although that broad forward/side facing wall of windows was amazing, we did miss not having a balcony more than we expected. So we've just booked a Dawn OS for another Boston-Bermuda cruise next year.)

We haven't been on the other ship, so can't comment about similarities there.

GeezerCouple

This is one of the middle two of the four DOS, right?

We just got off the Dawn yesterday, and were in 12002, which is one of the end ones (and is NOT the same as the two middle suites).

You might want to go to the Roll Call for the 05 Sep 2014 sailing, and ask about this. The Roll Call coordinator, Jan_In_Maine, had 12000, which is the mirror-image of the suite you have booked.

The middle two DOS suites are 2BR, 2BA, plus the Living/Dining area, and the extra bedroom and bathroom would be ideal if there are more than 2 people. (The extra bathroom would be nice even for two, of course!)

We got a quick peek inside, and it was really nice.

It would be nice if NCL would post Floor Plans of ALL "configurations" when there are identical cabin categories with very different floor plans.

If the only difference is "mirror image", no problem. We can all figure that out.

But when there are VERY different "versions" of the same category type, it's too easy to make a mistake that one is reserving something very similar to the diagram shown online. That is NOT the case with the two middle DOS suites on the Dawn.

Or it could be too easy not to be quite sure what one will be "getting", etc.

We absolutely loved 12002, but there were just two of us.

(Note: Although that broad forward/side facing wall of windows was amazing, we did miss not having a balcony more than we expected. So we've just booked a Dawn OS for another Boston-Bermuda cruise next year.)

We haven't been on the other ship, so can't comment about similarities there.

GeezerCouple

Which OS? We did Bermuda on Dawn in 10006 and while a nice cabin, I was a bit disappointed in the overall wear and tear in the room.