What do you think of my new formal?

WeirdEyes

I'm returning the fly-away pants (or palazzos) due to them making me look bigger than I am. Here's a link to the new dress I ordered. DH really likes it...or maybe he just likes the model. icon_wink.gif

Shelia's Formal

<font color="#0000CC" face="Lydian Csv BT" size="4">~~Shelia~~</font></p>

Sailing the Mariner in.......

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=800080&cdt=2004;5;30;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

<font color="#003399" face="Benguiat Bk BT">Carnival Destiny 2002</font>

Shelia, that's so pretty! I especially love the color. icon_smile.gif

Katie

"I'm currently out of my mind, but please feel free to leave a message..."

Rhapsody of the Seas - May '03

Coming soon...Rhapsody of the Seas - May '04

icon_smile.gificon_biggrin.gif Sheila...it is BEAUTIFUL!!!!....you will ALL the eyes on you icon_smile.gif

Question....when wearing a dress like that, do you wear a strapless bra? I don't own one...but that dress...makes me think I should try something like it...I can't recall owning one..(that type of dress or a strappless bra).

Next up...HORIZON Sept 18th to Bermuda!

See My Century and Mercury Pictures at:

http://community.webshots.com/user/lovescruising

Thanks, all! I just hope it fits. I do love it though.

Yes, I will wear a strapless bra with it. I have two kinds: one with a back & one without. One of them should work because I actually have no idea what the back of the dress looks like. I wanted a purple dress and I love the color of it.

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=800080&cdt=2004;5;30;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Shelia, Its lovely!

I love fitted dresses which show off your curves. Very nice!!!

What shoes and accesories will you wear.

I would wear a transparent strap bra with this, I doubt if you would see the straps with this dress rather than a strapless one. Just MHO!

Wow! Love, love, love it.

I'd go with the clear strap bra, too. Probably just because I'm always afraid a strapless is going to fall down and become a belt!

lszu

Sovereign 7/99

Monarch 7/00

Vision 9/01

Voyager 9/02

Adventure 9/03

Well, I'm in luck! My strapless bra has clear straps you can add to it. icon_biggrin.gif

Not sure what kind of accessories yet...waiting until the dress actually arrives so I can see the detailing better. I have some gold strappy sandals for my red formal. I hope I can wear them with my new formal also. We'll see how it looks. I bought some princess cut diamonique dangle earrings on QVC a couple of weeks ago and I will wear them. I've never bought any "fake" diamonds before. I held them up to my real diamonds and I can't tell the difference. The earrings are gorgeous!

Looks beautiful! Great job on finding it!

Kim

Dawn Princess

Regal Princess

Grand Princess

Mercury - Celebrity

Windward - NCL

Monarch of the Seas

Voyager of the Seas

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff00ff&cdt=2004;5;7;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0000

Hi Sheila...I have a pair of Epiphany Clad diamionique...they look wonderful too..wore them with my black long gown...looked like real diamonds to me icon_biggrin.gif.

Next up...HORIZON Sept 18th to Bermuda!

See My Century and Mercury Pictures at:

http://community.webshots.com/user/lovescruising

Lois, I KNEW that you probably had some diamonique since you are such an avid QVC shopper. icon_wink.gif

Buying formals is addictive ! So many beautiful gowns... so little time to wear them, but Oh, well! Looks like that means more cruises to be booked.

What a wonderful site. Thank you for that! I see several I would just love to own!

tinsel57

Sheila, what a grat dress. AND a great price! You husband is going to love you in it (and, if he is anything like my DH on a cruise, out oof it as well). Wow.

Linda

Infinitinis and Infinatics to Hawaii

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=FFA000&cdt=2004;12;05;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-0800

PattiG, thanks for the compliment. icon_wink.gif

Tinsel57, I found the link to this great site on this board! You can find all sorts of great info here..right girls?!

The prices on this site are great! I found a dress at Stein Mart that wasn't half as pretty as the one I ordered and it cost $10 more, plus 10% sales tax.

I don't know about the clear plastic straps on bras. If you have a regular strapless bra, use that instead.

The straps may be clear plastic, but you can still spot them a mile away, and I shudder to think how they'd look in a photograph with the flash gleaming off of them.

T

Trevoli,

I agree with you. Those clear strapped bra's can easily be seen and might ruin Sheila's lovely formal photo.

The clear straps are cute as a " fun fashion look" under a tank top during the day with jeans. They're not for formals.

Just my $.02 too. icon_razz.gif

Thanks for the comments on the dress. I just got notification that it shipped yesterday. I can't WAIT to try it on. Of course, I'll post pictures after the cruise.

About the strapless bra/clear straps issue...I think I'll just wear the strapless bra. It is a Victoria's Secret and it really holds me up. I've never had a strapless that give so much support. However, I have no idea what the back of the dress looks like. If it is cut lower in the back, I will have to wear my backless, strapless bra.

Archived