Are secret balconies really going away?

lah66

I just read a post from someone on the Oasis transatlantic sailing that the secret balconies/decks on 11 and 12 are going to be suites after drydock. That makes me very sad for our 2-28-16 cruise on Allure knowing she is headed for her own drydock in Fall 2015. We booked super early to get cabin 12329, the last cabin aft on deck 12. We were really looking forward to the novelty of having the last cabin with great views of the Aquashow and being able to use the secret balcony. I do not see deckplans that reflect this change.

Does anybody have a guess as to what this will look like? Will the suites block our views of the ocean and the Aquashow? Am I worried for no good reason?

We have plenty of time to figure this out since final payment is not due until 11/30/2015!!

Thank you!

Lauri

That is the current rumour. We will know very soon. If they did I do not think that it would block the view of any of the other cabins.

I think they would take the last 2 cabins, the boardwalk balcony and the Oceanview balcony and join them together and possibly extend them towards the aft. I can't see them extending the cabin into the space occupied by the balcony.

No, the balconies will still be there, just private for the suites, just like the other ATS's. Relax, we all will know in time

I have 11729 and 11728 for Jan 2016, do you think I'll be looking for new cabins?:( I cant imagine a suite would fit in just the secret balcony alone.

Maybe I can lobby to get the suite :D

I know I should not get upset about this but this is the second time I have seen this brought up.

If they are going to do this there should be some type of notification coming out to those of us that have those cabins booked on Oasis. We have 11329 for January 17 and if they wait till the last minute to notify us we are losing our cabin I am going to be pissed.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 3 using Tapatalk

I know I should not get upset about this but this is the second time I have seen this brought up.

If they are going to do this there should be some type of notification coming out to those of us that have those cabins booked on Oasis. We have 11329 for January 17 and if they wait till the last minute to notify us we are losing our cabin I am going to be pissed.

I am with you. We have 12729 in November. We booked super early to get that cabin so we could go to the secret anytime.

I agree, I just checked for my cruise and 11727 is not available but 11725 is but if they wait to tell us it will probably be gone. We also have 11728, 11726 and 11724 booked so who know how many of them we'll have to give up. It will suck if we have to move....

I'm in the same boat as you, (no pun intended) but our final payment date is to 9/15/14 so I;ll be screwed if they somehow block the view or tamper with the cabin.

I've already saw post from 2 people that got kicked out of their cabins so they could get started on the drydock.

RCI says too bad, so sad.

Yes I know it's in the contract.:)

Bill

And we have that cabin in May. I had the same thoughts. But, we have only heard the rumor from one source, I believe. So I am going to take a deep breath and wait for the reveal post Drydock. Now, if they want to take my cabin for a new Aqua Suite and then give me a free upgrade to that suite I would be ok.[emoji1]

I'm on the TA after the dry dock and I've heard it's confirmed they are going to be suites. They have moved a lot of people in our roll call thread because of the work.

Ok, I replied to Bill before I read this and now I'm upset. That means we will have to move. I only booked a Boardwalk cabin because I was able to get that location. Are they offering upgrades to compensate?

Thank you everyone for your comments! Lots of really great responses. I never thought about them having to use "my" balcony room as part of the suite. Never being on Allure or Oasis, I was not sure how big the private areas were. I guess we can only wait until Oasis is done and see what it looks like then. I would hope after the Oasis project is done they will know which cabins are affected and communicate with us booked on Oasis and Allure ASAP.

I am not sure what we would do if we lose our cabin. I am sure the afts on the other decks are taken. It was all the Novelty of that cabin that made me book. Maybe it is time to do our dream B2B out of San Juan instead!

Thanks for all your comments! Glad everyone can appreciate others thoughts and ideas without the nastiness I see all over CC. It really is a shame that so many of these threads end on a negative note.

Lauri

Edited by lah66

I'm glad you mentioned it. I had the last Ocean View balcony on deck 12 on Allure in 2013 and we used that back balcony a lot. I haven't reserved by cabin for 2016 yet, but I was thinking about getting that same cabin. I'll keep any eye on it. On Allure in 2013 I did go on my first Cabin Crawl, and those Aquatheater cabins are appealing . Since we call these secret balconies, i can see RC calling them under utilized space.

I'm thinking those secret balconies aren't so secret anymore...are they a lot more crowded now that the word is out? Or is it just a CC secret?

At least in 2013, it was still under utilized. We had one smoker come out there and throw hits buts overboard every night, but other than when we invited our roll call group up to watch the 2nd viewing of the Aquatheater show, we had it to ourselves many evenings.

I have 11727 booked for Jan 2. I don't expect any notification from RCI! I booked this cabin for both the Aqua theater and sea views plus being close to the CL.:eek:

Could someone please explain the "Secret Balcony" thing to me please

Decks 11, 12, and 14 on Oasis and Allure have large balconies at the aft end of the cabin sections of the ship. These balconies are not part of any stateroom; anyone can access them. They have seaviews as well as aquatheatre views. Not many people know of them since you have to go to the end of corridors to get to them. They are quiet hangout spots and often people will book cabins near them to get a "Free" super sized balcony.

I have long thought these balconies would be converted to suites (as on other decks). We will know in a few weeks.

I'm glad you mentioned it. I had the last Ocean View balcony on deck 12 on Allure in 2013 and we used that back balcony a lot. I haven't reserved by cabin for 2016 yet, but I was thinking about getting that same cabin. I'll keep any eye on it. On Allure in 2013 I did go on my first Cabin Crawl, and those Aquatheater cabins are appealing . Since we call these secret balconies, i can see RC calling them under utilized space.

I can see RCI calling them non-revenue producing space.

Edited by Ocean Boy

Decks 11, 12, and 14 on Oasis and Allure have large balconies at the aft end of the cabin sections of the ship. These balconies are not part of any stateroom; anyone can access them. They have seaviews as well as aquatheatre views. Not many people know of them since you have to go to the end of corridors to get to them. They are quiet hangout spots and often people will book cabins near them to get a "Free" super sized balcony.

I have long thought these balconies would be converted to suites (as on other decks). We will know in a few weeks.

Many thanks