Time difference

weylady

Hi Weylady

On the cruises we've been on the time has generally been that of the area you are in. When ships clocks are going to be changed there will be announcements both over the ship's in-cabin information service on the tv and in the Horizon magazine (much the same as our daily newspapers remind us when we change the clocks).

Hope this helps

Bells

Thank you Bells I was just wondering how it worked as this is my first cruise, thanks again.:)

And it's important to change your watches accordingly. We once left a couple behind because they hadn't corrected their watches to the relevant ship's time and arrived back at the ship an hour late! :o

And if you have a cruise where you are going backwards and forwards through time zone sit gets very very confusing.

We had one where it was changing daily , on an hour, on an hour, backwards an hour. Finally on our last cruise we even had one stop when we were told to stay on ships time, which was an hour different to local time. Lots and lots of messages over the tannoy about that, and in Horizon.

I think they must have got everyone sorted correctly as we didn't leave anyone behind.

Earlier this year, we stopped in Vigo and they decided not to change the time as the next port was Lisbon, which is the same time as UK.

It was a fairly safe decision as anyone going by local time would arrive back on board one hour early.

This was on Azura.

Brian

We had one where it was changing daily , on an hour, on an hour, backwards an hour.

Yikes, and I thought it was odd when we went forward one hour over night, and another half hour at lunch.

That must've been really confusing. I'll bet some were fretting they were going to miss the time buffet opens.. ;)

Edited by Monorail Orange

I do wish they wouldn't change them at noon. Much prefer the change to happen overnight.

For the odd time change it does not really matter but sailing east on a transatlantic, where you get five changes loosing an hour each day after day, then it is better to change at noon. This ensures that you and the staff get a full nights sleep.

Brian

For the odd time change it does not really matter but sailing east on a transatlantic, where you get five changes loosing an hour each day after day, then it is better to change at noon. This ensures that you and the staff get a full nights sleep.

Brian

Cunard used to change the time difference on a transatlantic during the night so you got 1 hr less sleep depending which way you were going and it used to be very tiring but I now believe they have changed it so you lose or gain the hour at midday noon.

Cunard used to change the time difference on a transatlantic during the night so you got 1 hr less sleep depending which way you were going and it used to be very tiring but I now believe they have changed it so you lose or gain the hour at midday noon.

Unless it occurs to you that you can go to bed an hour earlier or get up an hour later. If you're on a transatlantic, you don't need to get up early for a port stop.