Cherish the Memories

Warm Breezes

My younger DB(39) passed away Monday leaving behind 2 very young children and wife. I was going through our pictures today for my mother. They included our very first Carnival Cruise on the Inspiration that we took with my 2 DB's, DM and her husband. This was 9 years ago, before he met his wife. My kids were 8 and 11 at the time. This was one of only 2 vacations my DB ever took in his life. The first was with his HS band to Disney World. He never got to vacation with his wife and kids due to finances. I cry today because of this as I looked through these pictures of that cruise. Pictures of him doing the Macarena with my 2 kids in the MDR and of him on stage doing the Austin Powers dance class with my DD. Memories I will cherish forever. Memories his 1 and 6 year old boys will never have. Hug your kids today and tell them you love them and cherish the time you have with your family.

Edited by Warm Breezes

I am so sorry for the loss of your DB. I know the feeling first hand...we lost my DB suddenly three years ago. I hope all of you can find comfort in the good memories you have. It's very hard at first and memories will bring tears, but as time goes on, they will start bringing smiles again. I will keep you and all of your family in my thoughts and prayers.

There is another side of grief where the tears still flow but not as often.

Where memories bring smiles not just sadness.

Where blessings are recognized not just struggles.

Where joy and peace are present not just sorrow.

Where you are remembered not just mourned.

This was shared with me when I lost my father from The Grief Toolbox. I hope you find comfort in the words.

My younger DB(39) passed away Monday leaving behind 2 very young children and wife. I was going through our pictures today for my mother. They included our very first Carnival Cruise on the Inspiration that we took with my 2 DB's, DM and her husband. This was 9 years ago, before he met his wife. My kids were 8 and 11 at the time. This was one of only 2 vacations my DB ever took in his life. The first was with his HS band to Disney World. He never got to vacation with his wife and kids due to finances. I cry today because of this as I looked through these pictures of that cruise. Pictures of him doing the Macarena with my 2 kids in the MDR and of him on stage doing the Austin Powers dance class with my DD. Memories I will cherish forever. Memories his 1 and 6 year old boys will never have. Hug your kids today and tell them you love them and cherish the time you have with your family.

I am very sorry for your loss.

I couldn't agree with you advice more.

Thank you for your above words. I so appreciate that during this most difficult time for you and your family you reached out to your CC family to give us much needed and caring advice. I am very sorry for your loss.

Hug your kids today and tell them you love them and cherish the time you have with your family.

So sorry for your loss, but a great statement you made. People get so caught in life and forget whats really important. This is what made us decide to book a cruise to go with my GF parents(never been) since they are getting older. To cherish the moments that you get to spend with them while your able to and to make life long memories with them.