Latest news on carnival vista

cruisingbluewaters

Hi, kinda new here... Anyone else hoping that they add more elevators in the middle and aft section of the ship if they planned the use the same design since Destiny?:confused::rolleyes:

The trend is just the opposite, but I think you can be assured there will be centrally located elevators on the Vista.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

They need to. CCL continues to be a disappointment for them in the Caribbean.

I somewhat agree and disagree. Free cruises are helping them out tremendously to increase bookings. After all, they recently had their record number of monthly bookings! It's amazing what a $50 deposit and continuous rounds of free or 100% reimbursed as obc cruises/offers can do. Combine that with 7 day cruises under $200 per person and 4 day cruises that have dipped below $100pp, as well as 5 nights at $129-$139, they seem to have plenty of people booking.

The problem is... the consumer has become accustomed to these lower prices and there is a possibility that Carnival will not be able to increase their cruise fares as the market will not justify the new (but previous) average pricing model. Carnival used to be an industry leader, but with the recent technological advancements other cruise lines are including in their operation, Carnival is losing the competitive advantage they once had. The only current edge is the fact they are unable to command the same higher pricing per diem that their competition is able to charge.

Edited by Disconnections

Uncle Gerry made comments at the conference in reference to Vista news.

He first joked (yes joked) saying that the Vista might be headed for a China homeport. He then commented that news on the ship will come out early next year stating: "There will be new features on the open decks not seen before in the cruise industry, and innovations in the accommodations and bars," Cahill said.

They need to. CCL continues to be a disappointment for them in the Caribbean.

No more or less a disappointment then the other major lines. As a general statement on cruising in the Caribbean I might agree. Their bookings are right on par with the rest of lines. I heard the same message from all of them at a cruise conference last month.

He first joked (yes joked) saying that the Vista might be headed for a China homeport. He then commented that news on the ship will come out early next year stating: "There will be new features on the open decks not seen before in the cruise industry, and innovations in the accommodations and bars," Cahill said.

The anticipation is killing me! I really want to know if I should start researching other lines because with or without Carnival we are doing the Med in 2016. NCL usually releases their itineraries in December and RCCL will probably be in March so if Carnival doesn't have solid news and itineraries we will have to move on for this trip.

I took that (maybe out of context) he was refering to home port and scheduling. Because he was talking about they were still deciding where to put her. I still hope we will hear more about her in the coming weeks. I've been racking my brain trying to figure out what they coukd put on open decks that isn't already there in the industry. My first thought it may be a lazy river like they planned on the Pinnacle, but who knows.

Per the latest earning report, where CCL beat estimates, Caribbean bookings and prices are up.

Today's sale shouts the bleak outlook. No wonder they were trying to spin it.

You must realize the power of deeply discounting and free, right Buford? Without deeply discounting and giving cruises away for free, some cannot justify paying higher prices for Carnival. If the price is too high, perishable staterooms remain empty, onboard revenue doesn't match the sailing's expected intake and the crew lose out on their optional automatic gratuities. This, in turn, because Carnival doesn't supplement for empty staterooms, will result in less money going into associates' pockets and morale drops. Once the employees stop caring about their job, the quality of service they provide will decline and guests won't be as ecstatic to sail on Carnival and other cruise lines will garner a higher market share. Of course bookings are up. Today's sale is proving that. For a limited number of sailings (200), in only six hours, Carnival has made over 3,000 confirmations.

4007b84a40d99a5de0cbed5ddf416888.png

Edited by Disconnections

Wow. Carnival Vista rooms for less than $40/day? I don't think so. This is a thread about Carnival Vista, isn't it?

I didn't realize the below was related to the Carnival Vista, either.

Originally Posted by andy.capitan

Per the latest earning report, where CCL beat estimates, Caribbean bookings and prices are up.

Having multiple accounts to avoid suspensions is against the community guidelines too, eh?

Edited by Disconnections

You must realize the power of deeply discounting and free, right Buford? Without deeply discounting and giving cruises away for free, some cannot justify paying higher prices for Carnival. If the price is too high, perishable staterooms remain empty, onboard revenue doesn't match the sailing's expected intake and the crew lose out on their optional automatic gratuities. This, in turn, because Carnival doesn't supplement for empty staterooms, will result in less money going into associates' pockets and morale drops. Once the employees stop caring about their job, the quality of service they provide will decline and guests won't be as ecstatic to sail on Carnival and other cruise lines will garner a higher market share. Of course bookings are up. Today's sale is proving that. For a limited number of sailings (200), in only six hours, Carnival has made over 3,000 confirmations.

4007b84a40d99a5de0cbed5ddf416888.png

You are making way too many assumptions, and this sale must all be taken with a grain of salt. The fact of the matter is that the pricing has firmed up a lot and the consumer will continue to adjust to the higher prices as they have done so already. Also, keep in mind that there will always be sales even when pricing completely recovers, that's just the nature of the beast; that'll never change.

You are making way too many assumptions, and this sale must all be taken with a grain of salt. The fact of the matter is that the pricing has firmed up a lot and the consumer will continue to adjust to the higher prices as they have done so already. Also, keep in mind that there will always be sales even when pricing completely recovers, that's just the nature of the beast; that'll never change.

Ignored is that oil has dropped and with lower fixed costs than other cruise lines, Carnival can sell at prices they can't touch. Coupled with onboard spending is increasing, the future is looking good.

Carry on with Vista news. :cool: