Latest news on carnival vista

cruisingbluewaters

This is the latest news that I just heard today from ta...

April 30 2016 is inaugural

February 2016 are sea trials

Vista will not be a new design from outside, just a bigger breeze

Inside will be even better than breeze

Ocean views "vista"

IMAX theater, first at sea

Largest waterpark at sea

Some Renderings in November

Thank you

So Carnival is going to have the waterpark of the seas and the IMAX theater. To use another posters favorite line, not what I would call an improvement to the cruising experience. If I want to go to a waterpark, IMAX, or Broadway show, I'll do it near home.

So Carnival is going to have the waterpark of the seas and the IMAX theater. To use another posters favorite line, not what I would call an improvement to the cruising experience. If I want to go to a waterpark, IMAX, or Broadway show, I'll do it near home.

For me it's going to be the fact it will be a Transatlantic Cruise touring the Mediterranean

Anyone want to bet against that the IMAX will be a pay venue? Takes up a bunch of space so wonder if it will take the place of a main lounge.

I sure hope it is an extra fee. Otherwise, you would be paying for it in your cruise fare, even if you don't use it

or a Shopping Mall (or the seas). or ice rink.

Would much rather have an IMAX than friggin bumper cars. BUMPER CARS??? Who was the brainiac that came up with THAT waste of space.

Just like the IMAX theater can also be used for other things, the bumper car area is a multi- use area. Being a big flat space I imagine that it will also be used for a dance floor, among other things.

or a Shopping Mall (or the seas). or ice rink.

Exactly, my point. Some posters on this thread have commented in the past about malls, amusement parks and Broadway type shows. I like to point out things that are the same "only different", such as waterparks and movie theaters.

All the cruise ships I've been on have stores to try to sell you things.

I have to say I don't see a real difference if the on board shops are all in line with bars and or restaurants interspersed, or if they are set up like a department store with bars and or restaurants interspersed around them.

Most of the ships I've been on have things to keep people amused. Such as water slides, flow riders, rope courses, rock climbing walls, mini-golf, skating rinks, etc.

My earlier post shouldn't be taken as a put down oF Carnival. It is more to point out that while some will criticize one cruise line for something they are blinded when another does the same type of things.

Edited by undertheradar
Spelling

And Allure OTS will be right behind it to replace it with an even newer ship. What was your point again?

If Carnival was smart, they'd send even more ships to Australia and a couple to the Asian market. They need to remove some of the glut from the Caribbean market, and then they'd be able to get prices back up where they need them.

For how long? Not very long if they can't get the super premium prices needed.

Carnival is smart. They aren't building behemoths. It is the other cruise lines building new ships adding to the glut that are driving prices down. Carnival will be sailing debt free ships and other cruise lines will be going deeper into debt and lower profits. How stupid is that?

Exactly, my point. Some posters on this thread have commented in the past about malls, amusement parks and Broadway type shows. I like to point out things that are the same "only different", such as waterparks and movie theaters.

All the cruise ships I've been on have stores to try to sell you things.

I have to say I don't see a real difference if the on board shops are all in line with bars and or restaurants interspersed, or if they are set up like a department store with bars and or restaurants interspersed around them.

Most of the ships I've been on have things to keep people amused. Such as water slides, flow riders, rope courses, rock climbing walls, mini-golf, skating rinks, etc.

My earlier post shouldn't be taken as a put down oF Carnival. It is more a point out that while some will criticize one cruise line for something they are blinded when another does the same type of things.

Agreed. Cruising in and of itself is the attraction for many. I don't have the need or desire to pay for distractions from the basic cruising experience

Well, Im saying CCL has to make a big splash with the new ship.

And it should be NYC.

There is a reason Breakaway and Quantum are there

Perhaps if they did something about the entertainment they could better compete with their competition.

Does anyone think that playlist and hasbro compares favorably with what the others are doing???

For how long? Not very long if they can't get the super premium prices needed.

Carnival is smart. They aren't building behemoths. It is the other cruise lines building new ships adding to the glut that are driving prices down. Carnival will be sailing debt free ships and other cruise lines will be going deeper into debt and lower profits. How stupid is that?

It's not stupid at all. Each cruise line has a business plan and a target market. They're all different. Carnival has created a budget niche all to itself, so they don't have to have the newest and most innovative. They just have to be "good enough". Some of the other lines have chosen the crowd that needs to be "wowed" and their newest ships represent that.

The fact is, that people shouldn't even be comparing Carnival's fleet to other cruise lines, because clearly Carnival is no longer in competing with NCL and RCI. NCL and RCI are mass market and Carnival is budget. Totally different categories.

Agreed. Cruising in and of itself is the attraction for many. I don't have the need or desire to pay for distractions from the basic cruising experience

This is how I personally feel. When I go on a cruise I want to feel like I am on a CRUISE. I don't want to ride carosels, go on bumper cars, etc. But that is just me. Some people want all the bells and whistles.

We cruise exclusively from Manhattan because we live about 20 minutes from the pier. We also cruise CCL exclusively. Mainly both beause of economic reasons. Only costs GW Bridge toll and gas $ to have one of our DS'es drop us off and pick us up. We are platinum, military rate, sometimes resident rate fare payers and without these we probably would not be able to cruise at this point in our lives. We enjoy cruises from NY in the winter. Does not bother us to have to be inside the first and last 1 1/2 days since we will be inside at home anyway and the low fares are just too great to pass up. The MAIN COMPLAINT we have is the itineraries which many have commented on. PC, Nassau and Freeport are getting very old. If CCL would have a good intinerary, say southern Caribbean from NY during the winter, I bet they could command better fares and more passengers. Just MHO. I would be more than willing to pay a "regular price" to cruise to better islands as it would still save me $ not to have to fly to the ship, hotel and miscellaneous expenses. :cool:

It's not stupid at all. Each cruise line has a business plan and a target market. They're all different. Carnival has created a budget niche all to itself, so they don't have to have the newest and most innovative. They just have to be "good enough". Some of the other lines have chosen the crowd that needs to be "wowed" and their newest ships represent that.

The fact is, that people shouldn't even be comparing Carnival's fleet to other cruise lines, because clearly Carnival is no longer in competing with NCL and RCI. NCL and RCI are mass market and Carnival is budget. Totally different categories.

The fact is that Carnival Corp has a number of cruise lines and the others have only a few. Carnival clearly is mass market, going after beginner cruisers and has other cruise lines should their customers desire to graduate to more mature cruise lines. Carnival's market is the largest possible. Can't get any more mass than that. :p

The fact is that Carnival Corp has a number of cruise lines and the others have only a few. Carnival clearly is mass market, going after beginner cruisers and has other cruise lines should their customers desire to graduate to more mature cruise lines. Carnival's market is the largest possible. Can't get any more mass than that. :p

Carnival is budget. You can play semantics all you want. Carnival has become what so many wanted. The budget leader. You got what you wanted and you can't expect more than that. Carnival will never build a QOTS or OOTS for their budget cruisers. Not gonna happen. So you shouldn't even be comparing ships across lines. At this point Carnival is so far behind in the new ship game that it would take 10 years for them to catch up even if they flooded the shipyards with new orders today.

Carnival is what it is. Cheerleading won't make them be anything that they aren't. If you're happy, then you're doing the right thing by sailing on Carnival. But a Guys on every ship is not gonna make them Regent Seven Seas (who's owned by NCL now BTW)

This is wrong on so many levels. Of course Carnival is mass market, and how do you figure the fleets can't be compared? You are basing that on a few new ships such as Oasis and Allure which are in a class all of their own. Even NCL can't compare their Breakaway class to the Oasis class. Heck even Quantum can't be compared to them, they are just so unique.

This is wrong on so many levels. Of course Carnival is mass market, and how do you figure the fleets can't be compared? You are basing that on a few new ships such as Oasis and Allure which are in a class all of their own. Even NCL can't compare their Breakaway class to the Oasis class. Heck even Quantum can't be compared to them, they are just so unique.

Actually agree with him. Carnival no longer competes on anything but price. All the competition need do to toss them their way is to reduce their price, and people would swing over. The offerings aren't even in the same league any longer.

This is how I personally feel. When I go on a cruise I want to feel like I am on a CRUISE. I don't want to ride carosels, go on bumper cars, etc. But that is just me. Some people want all the bells and whistles.

We cruise exclusively from Manhattan because we live about 20 minutes from the pier. We also cruise CCL exclusively. Mainly both beause of economic reasons. Only costs GW Bridge toll and gas $ to have one of our DS'es drop us off and pick us up. We are platinum, military rate, sometimes resident rate fare payers and without these we probably would not be able to cruise at this point in our lives. We enjoy cruises from NY in the winter. Does not bother us to have to be inside the first and last 1 1/2 days since we will be inside at home anyway and the low fares are just too great to pass up. The MAIN COMPLAINT we have is the itineraries which many have commented on. PC, Nassau and Freeport are getting very old. If CCL would have a good intinerary, say southern Caribbean from NY during the winter, I bet they could command better fares and more passengers. Just MHO. I would be more than willing to pay a "regular price" to cruise to better islands as it would still save me $ not to have to fly to the ship, hotel and miscellaneous expenses. :cool:

Been wondering why they even do an itinerary of PC, Nassau and Freeport?

ol:

But isn't it great when they have those things, and draw people in that direction, thinning out the crowds leaving you to enjoy the things YOU like to do, making you feel like you're on a cruise?

Okay I'm not a marketing guru and don't have the brains that some of the Carnival 'beards' do, but as for a home port, I would take 1 year after a new ship is christened and send it around the country to every port that would handle it for some number of sailings... for example:

Jan/Feb out of Long Beach

Mar/Apr out of Miami

May/June out of Galveston

July/Aug out of New York (when the weather is fairer there)

Sep/Oct out of NOLA

Nov/Dec out of another FLA port (Pt Canaveral, Jacksonville if it would fit)

Transition cruises from one port to another can be managed as one-off cruises with a stop in a foreign port to make it legal.

That way it would expose as many different cruisers to the new ship as possible. Then it could settle down for a couple years wherever it's final homeport will be.

Edited by Shaded Lady

Carnival has a huge niche market, the cruising public that likes to have a fun vacation at a reasonable price. That's all they need. Carnival is comfortable and affordable and takes me places. I know what to expect and it meets my expectations and I like that. When I want a change of cruise experience or places, I go with another cruise line. (Remember the old Holiday Inn where the best surprise is no surprise ad? Their best ad)

All I want in the near future from Carnival is more Europe and a year round good ship in NY. Othewise I go with someone else.

I too love approaching port and seeing the whale tail and think wow, this is great, home away from home! Sailaway! Honk!

This is the latest news that I just heard today from ta...

April 30 2016 is inaugural

February 2016 are sea trials

Vista will not be a new design from outside, just a bigger breeze

Inside will be even better than breeze

Ocean views "vista"

IMAX theater, first at sea

Largest waterpark at sea

Some Renderings in November

Thank you

I just got back today from Alaska aboard the Carnival Miracle.....is any of this Vista news true (confirmed)?

Carnival is budget. You can play semantics all you want. Carnival has become what so many wanted. The budget leader. You got what you wanted and you can't expect more than that. Carnival will never build a QOTS or OOTS for their budget cruisers. Not gonna happen. So you shouldn't even be comparing ships across lines. At this point Carnival is so far behind in the new ship game that it would take 10 years for them to catch up even if they flooded the shipyards with new orders today.

Carnival is what it is. Cheerleading won't make them be anything that they aren't. If you're happy, then you're doing the right thing by sailing on Carnival. But a Guys on every ship is not gonna make them Regent Seven Seas (who's owned by NCL now BTW)

Yes, you can play semantics all you want. Carnival is the value cruise and even the haters know it. The other cruise lines have to try to differentiate themselves from the value leader.

NCL has come close to bankruptcy more than once and probably would have had not venture capital saved them. The same group that saved RSSC and others.

Having more cruise lines than the others, Carnival has the ability to move ships, including new builds, from one cruise line to another and has done so in the past.

A new cruise ship can be built in a year or less.

I'm happy cruising. It doesn't have to be Carnival.