Luggage Tags

tango223

:confused:

This might be a dumb question, but I don't know how to attach the Regent luggage tag onto the handle of the suitcase without breaking it. It is a loop which I threaded one end through the opening to put the tag on the loop...then when I try to loop the remaining loop onto the luggage handle there isn't enough remaining loop to push the luggage tag through. It breaks at that point.

I'm not sure about Regent tags, but IME they usually have an adhesive strip, which you tear off the covering paper to reveal the adhesive part. This then sticks to the other side of the loop once you've threaded it through the handle.

Will be interested to know if Regent tags are different.

:confused:

This might be a dumb question, but I don't know how to attach the Regent luggage tag onto the handle of the suitcase without breaking it. It is a loop which I threaded one end through the opening to put the tag on the loop...then when I try to loop the remaining loop onto the luggage handle there isn't enough remaining loop to push the luggage tag through. It breaks at that point.

I wondered the same thing. I found out that if I bent the luggage tag part ever so slightly it does slip through the loop. The loop is very stretchable, then when the luggage tag part is through the loop, the loop bounces back to the original shape. Here is a good example: https://crewtags.com/CPL-Instructions Step 4 is where I bend the luggage tag part ever so slightly.

We always put only our name (first intial and last name only), ship, departure date and departure city on the outside (Regent) luggage tag. You could also put your email or cell phone number on it if you are going to have access to those on your cruise. We also put that information upside down in the luggage tag and put some stickers on the side of the luggage tag paper that you can see so the luggage tag is identifiable as ours. Then we put another luggage tag inside our luggage with all our address, etc. That way someone can't just look at our outside luggage tag, call someone they know in our area, and say, "Oh, these people are out of town. Go rob them."

You don't put the tag with your cabin floor and cabin number on it until you arrive at your destination airport--right before you are ready to hand your luggage over to the bus driver or whomever is taking you to your hotel or ship.

Edited by DixieDeer

I wondered the same thing. I found out that if I bent the luggage tag part ever so slightly it does slip through the loop. The loop is very stretchable, then when the luggage tag part is through the loop, the loop bounces back to the original shape. Here is a good example: https://crewtags.com/CPL-Instructions Step 4 is where I bend the luggage tag part ever so slightly.

We always put only our name (first intial and last name only), ship, departure date and departure city on the outside (Regent) luggage tag. You could also put your email or cell phone number on it if you are going to have access to those on your cruise. We also put that information upside down in the luggage tag and put some stickers on the side of the luggage tag paper that you can see so the luggage tag is identifiable as ours. Then we put another luggage tag inside our luggage with all our address, etc. That way someone can't just look at our outside luggage tag, call someone they know in our area, and say, "Oh, these people are out of town. Go rob them."

You don't put the tag with your cabin floor and cabin number on it until you arrive at your destination airport--right before you are ready to hand your luggage over to the bus driver or whomever is taking you to your hotel or ship.

Thank you for your help and suggestions !

I'm not sure about Regent tags, but IME they usually have an adhesive strip, which you tear off the covering paper to reveal the adhesive part. This then sticks to the other side of the loop once you've threaded it through the handle.

Will be interested to know if Regent tags are different.

I received plastic luggage tags with just Regent Seven Seas Cruises on them where you can slide the name/address card into the slot. This is different from the strips to attach to the luggage to show what level and suite you are in for the cruise. Hope this answers your question.

Your linked instructions are extremely helpful. Since Regent stopped using the "quality" luggage tags, we have used the ones from Silversea. However, they are getting a bit old. Will definitely use the cheap plastic ones now that I know how to attach them.

We also had many of the old "quality" luggage tags, and used them because there was no obvious flashy advertising on them and they worked well. I think the new luggage tags look cheap and tacky.

That aside, I have been to a number of seminars regarding travel security and safety and have been advised never to use luggage tags that advertise "high end travel", esp going through certain overseas destinations. Airport security is not standard worldwide and theft of and from luggage is a major problem. The "thieves" are trained to look for certain identifying marks to "hopefully" indicate that a specific piece of luggage holds more valuable goods. We now travel with inexpensive but functional luggage and plain and non-specific luggage tags. The Regent tags indicating our cabin only go onto the luggage on our way to the port, never before. The Regent tags used for disembarkment are always removed as soon as we retrieve our luggage.

gnomie :)

Edited by gnomie1

That aside, I have been to a number of seminars regarding travel security and safety and have been advised never to use luggage tags that advertise "high end travel", esp going through certain overseas destinations. Airport security is not standard worldwide and theft of and from luggage is a major problem. The "thieves" are trained to look for certain identifying marks to "hopefully" indicate that a specific piece of luggage holds more valuable goods.

Thank you for sharing these tips.

While we have no problem using "Regent" or "Silversea" luggage tags, we do not put our address or any other personal information on it. We write our last name and "itinerary inside luggage". There is a envelope with emergency information inside each suitcase. It also contains our itinerary (helpful when your luggage is lost) and contact information for our TA and Regent. We do not put our home address anywhere.

Prior to our last cruise, we did not put the "Regent" identifying tags (the ones with our suite number) on the luggage. When the luggage was lost for 10 days, we were told that those tags helped to find our luggage (it was amongst thousands of pieces of luggage that missed flights in Heathrow in June). We will continue to put them on our luggage in the future.

Am I correct in assuming that the sticky luggage tags go on the suitcase before turning them over to the ship not before.

Thanks

That is correct. Sometimes that is really difficult to remember (the excitement and all). That is why we put them on our "soon to be lost luggage" when we left home. They managed to stay on through 2-3 flights and lots of handling. They were still attached when they arrived on the ship 10 days later.

• 2 years later...

I realize this is old, but is there any reason for buying the clear plastic tags? Similar to the ones being offered this month from CC shop. I apologize for the silly question, but I didn't post in new cruise forum because I'm specifically asking about how Regent does it (I know others print theirs)

I realize this is old, but is there any reason for buying the clear plastic tags? Similar to the ones being offered this month from CC shop. I apologize for the silly question, but I didn't post in new cruise forum because I'm specifically asking about how Regent does it (I know others print theirs)

We use personal luggage tags and also use Regent colored tags that designate your suite number and whether you are aft or forward. I didn't read this thread because it is old and may be out of date. I do receive "regular" luggage tags from Regent but do not know if this is the case for everyone (note: We are Platinum Silver Seas Society members which could make a difference). Maybe someone else will chime in. In any case, the colored luggage tags with your suite number is most important to insure delivery to your suite.

I received my documents in the mail yesterday, along with a few luggage sticker-type tags. Is this what you are referring to? So for Regent cruises, those plastic holders are never needed? Also, two Regent tags also were sent that match the case the documents were in.

I received my documents in the mail yesterday, along with a few luggage sticker-type tags. Is this what you are referring to? So for Regent cruises, those plastic holders are never needed? Also, two Regent tags also were sent that match the case the documents were in.

Thanks for the information. Apparently you need to be long time Regent cruisers in order to receive proper luggage tags. Keep the sticker-type tags - this is what assures that your luggage gets to the right suite. However, an additional luggage tag would be helpful. As I have probably mentioned previously, we do not put our address on the outside of our luggage. Instead, we write our name and "itinerary and emergency information inside). Inside of the case is an envelope with the itinerary and our emergency phone numbers. This helps the airline track you in case your luggage is lost.

On Crystal after your first cruise you will receive a leather tag with a gold laden tag and you can fill out your address and phone numbers and reuse it.

We have our address on them as we have had luggage lost and they were able to track us down and ship the lost bag to us. We also have our cell and home number on it.

Same with airlines, we have tags with our home address and phone numbers. It makes it easier for them to track you down. We also put a copy of our passport in the luggage as well if customs needs to open the bag. Just common sense.

We also have a GPS tracker in our bags a cheap investment.

We also do not put the "sticky" tags onto the bags before boarding. BUT friends in Colorado gave us, years ago, some "sleeves" that wrap around the handles of our bags. With velcro fastenings. Those are on the bags all the time and are marvellous for identifying bags not only on airport carrousels but also when disembarking the ship...

We do not use the sticky tags unless we are flying through Heathrow where our luggage has been lost twice. When we were in port, the Regent's Executive Concierge went to the airport looking for our luggage (she actually had to go to two or three airports) and they look for the Regent tags. It makes the luggage easier for Regent to spot.