Suites on the Royal/Regal

OttawaCA

Don't book an Owners Suite on the Royal (but I know that wasn't your question :o). We didn't like the suite layout for the Owner's Suite - the living area was as small as a mini suite (a love seat instead of a couch, only one arm chair and a desk chair, no wet bar).

Entertaining was impossible (and we were traveling with 10 family members). If the other suites are similar (and I would guess they were since they are priced less) and if you've been in an Owner's Suite (or any other for that matter) on any other Princess ship you may be very disappointed.

We visited the Concierge Lounge once on our 7 day cruise. The highlight for my husband (I didn't have any) was that they had a cappuccino machine. Turns out he never had the need to return because he filled up on cappuccinos at the Sabatinis breakfast each morning.

We are on the Royal again next year and have booked an MA mini suite (extended angled balcony). I told my TA to make sure it was marked "do not upgrade' because I don't want to risk an Owner's Suite or a Penthouse suite with a narrower balcony.

Haven't seen the foreword suites, but we had a PH on Royal and loved it. So much so that we got the same suite on the Regal for this Feb.

The concierge lounge isn't a big deal, but it's convenient to the PH suites, and they have lovely peanut butter cookies...

I've seen a Premium forward suite and a Penthouse midship suite and I would take either over an Owner's suite, which I had and would never book again. The Premium and Penthouse suites both have very long and very narrow balconies; but inside they are quite roomy. The Premium suites have a huge bedroom area and a fantastic forward view. Also, their balconies are on the side and have good wind protection, which forward suites don't usually have.

• 3 years later...

I know this is an old thread. NCL cruiser here ( also did Princess Land Tours ) now looking to experience Princess. We have heard so much awesome comments about Princess from our friends, and the CC members on this site.

I did search and found some great information on the foreward premium suites I am wondering if anyone has any updates; reviews, pics, videos they would like to share on the foreword premium suites. I understand the balcony is narrow. I am not worried about that.

The cruise we are looking at is one of the new 2019 Vancouver to Whittaker. So I understand no one can comment on that. So looking for general information. We are Maritine people (not professionally, though) and can handle motion.

I am with others expressing joy the Royal is coming to the West Coast.

Might the Princess experts help us out? If I should start a new thread let me know.

I know this is an old thread. NCL cruiser here ( also did Princess Land Tours ) now looking to experience Princess. We have heard so much awesome comments about Princess from our friends, and the CC members on this site.

I did search and found some great information on the foreward premium suites I am wondering if anyone has any updates; reviews, pics, videos they would like to share on the foreword premium suites. I understand the balcony is narrow. I am not worried about that.

The cruise we are looking at is one of the new 2019 Vancouver to Whittaker. So I understand no one can comment on that. So looking for general information. We are Maritine people (not professionally, though) and can handle motion.

I am with others expressing joy the Royal is coming to the West Coast.

Might the Princess experts help us out? If I should start a new thread let me know.

Here's a video I found awhile ago.. Hit the mute button for better enjoyment..

I was in D122 on Regal which is a Premium suite. Bedroom is very large with window over looking crew pool. Bathroom and sitting room with TV is nice. Balcony long and very narrow. Constant banging noise all night long, our friends were in D121 the over forward suite and heard it also.

All the suites on the Royal and the Regal are smaller and lack many of the features of suites on the older ships. The balconies also are smaller.

We much prefer the suites on the older ships that have wet bars, expansive balconies, and more space.

P&J

In our opinion, steer clear of the Premier Suites forward with the sloping wall. They have lots of square feet virtually none of which is usable. A very large bed area and a tiny sitting area.

We had one and were very disappointed.

P&J

We stayed in D121 twice on the Royal. We loved that suite. Sloping walls were not a problem. Bedroom is very large and has so much storage you can not begin to use it all. Bedroom is also very quiet and you cannot hear if someone is knocking on the cabin door.

Sitting area was big enough to enjoy afternoon tea for 4 as well as the ultimate balcony breakfast for 4 ( we brought in the table from balcony to use for dishes of food.

Would stay in this suite again. We did hear some noises at night but nothing that kept us awake.

There is a curtain buried in the wall by the TV that can be pulled closed for bedroom privacy. If more than 2 in room would recommend a roll away to be placed in bedroom.

Balcony is long and narrow but can still be enjoyed by 2-3 people.

The Regal aft balcony is also amazing. Wrap around balcony is nice and large. Bedroom is quiet and comfortable. Living area is larger than forward facing suite.

If I were to choose.... aft balcony with wrap around deck would be my first choice.

If you have more questions please post.

Bed placement is different in these suites. Forward suite bed faces forward. Aft suite bed is sideways to back of ship.

I know you are thinking of forward but we absolutely loved (he wrap around balcony in the aft section. In January we were in D726 on the Regal and had oodles of room to entertain .

We were also in D726 on the Regal in November and it was wonderful! That balcony was nearly as big as the cabin! And the bathroom was gorgeous. We loved the Regal but won't sail her again unless we're in this category suite....the tiny balconies in other rooms are a deal breaker for me.