Cabo San Lucas post huricane

myrvhome

Cabo and San Jose is pretty well back to order, all stores are open. Those mexican people work really hard to get back to normal as tourism is what they depend on. I have heard of other cruiselines being there already. We go there every year for 6 weeks and I am not worried about a thing. I know people that live there and that is where I am getting my information. Marlster

Marlster.....

Would you know how is Medano Beach?

Is Tabasco's rebuilt yet?

Could you please ask your friends next time you speak to them? Our CC group has planned a tour to the Arch and Medano.

Thanks.

Don

Edited by dongordon

Marlster.....

Would you know how is Medano Beach?

Is Tabasco's rebuilt yet?

Could you please ask your friends next time you speak to them? Our CC group has planned a tour to the Arch and Medano.

Thanks.

Don

I was there a week ago. Medano is open as are allot of the businesses there. I am not sure about Tabasco but I know Mango Deck was open. The storm pulled allot of sand out with it and sadly there is not much of a beach to call Lovers Beach by the arch. There was zero sand at the arch this year.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

I was there a week ago. Medano is open as are allot of the businesses there. I am not sure about Tabasco but I know Mango Deck was open. The storm pulled allot of sand out with it and sadly there is not much of a beach to call Lovers Beach by the arch. There was zero sand at the arch this year.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

John...

I had heard great reviews about Tabasco (except for their bathrooms :D)

What's are the reviews on Mango Deck.....is it considered as nice as Tabasco?

Any other ones you would recommend?

Thanks.

Don

• 2 weeks later...

Mango Deck is one of the party bars, although, it's not bad this time of year. It's not one of my favorites, but it does draw a crowd of local gringos on the weekends. The Office has good food. The Sand Bar and Moxitos (formerly Medano Beach Club) are more mellow if that's what you prefer.

Tobascos is hoping to reopen November 15.

Mango Deck is one of the party bars, although, it's not bad this time of year. It's not one of my favorites, but it does draw a crowd of local gringos on the weekends. The Office has good food. The Sand Bar and Moxitos (formerly Medano Beach Club) are more mellow if that's what you prefer.

Tobascos is hoping to reopen November 15.

Thanks for the information on Tobascos....I asked about the reopening on another thread.

You answered my question!! :D

Have you been there and how would you compare it to the other places you mentioned.

My biggest concern is finding the best Margarita in Cabo!! :D :D (and where would that be?)

Don

I heard the Monkey Business bar has the best margarita in Cabo. Can anybody comment on that, and tell us where it's located? Thanks!

You are correct, IMHO, that is the best margarita in town. Monkey Business is on Boulevard Marina, one street behind the Marina. First find Giggling Marlin, stand in front of it and head to the right down the street. You're looking for a backwards horseshoe bar, that is Monkey Business. There is a car rental place in the front and the bar is behind it. They also have awesome Pina Coladas and Mojitos. Everything is fresh squeezed, no mix used.

On this map, you'll see Giggling Marlin and Plaza Real, Monkey Business is half way between them. In Plaza Real is a bar called Cabo Blue where the local gringos, myself included, hang.

http://www.loscabosguide.com/maps/cabosanlucas-downtown.htm

Edited by CWcruisers

Thanks for the information on Tobascos....I asked about the reopening on another thread.

You answered my question!! :D

Have you been there and how would you compare it to the other places you mentioned.

My biggest concern is finding the best Margarita in Cabo!! :D :D (and where would that be?)

Don

I used to hang out at Tabascos but I now go to Moxitos because they allow my dogs, but I always enjoyed Tabascos. They play good music, not too loud, food was always good. I'm sure they will be very excited to have customers again. Moxitos also has nice, mello music and great food. Because you're on the beach, things are more expensive than in town, but you can't beat toes in the sand.:)

YES YES YES, Monkey Business makes fantastic Margaritas. Best I ever had. It is out in the open. Faces away from the street. So kinda makes a tiny plaza of its own. Hubby always has a few shooters, after our Margarita, as I shop, LOL Not a building with a door you walk through. All of a sudden your just there. Horseshoe bar and a table or two on the sidewalk facing the street. Worth finding. ;)

• 1 month later...

Anyone know if the Hard Rock Cafe in Cabo has re-opened post hurricane? I am going to Cabo in April and really want to add another HRC to my visit list, but I am unsure if it is operaing again. There hasnt been a new tripadvisor review of it since September.

Can anyone comment about beach condition/activities as well as fishing boats ?

years ago remembered lots of options for sports fishing and a vibrant beach where you could rent jet skis or just hang out.

99.9% doing this port during spring break.

The Hard Rock Cafe is open along with a new restaurant, Rock & Brew, on the marina side in the same plaza. It's related to Kiss. Gene Simmons was here for the grand opening a week ago.

The beaches are much narrower than before the hurricane, it will take time to re-generate. All beach activities are back in swing, Tabascos is open. Fishing is definitely available, some days are better than others. My husband went two days ago and caught a marlin, but there were no dorado or tuna in site, whereas the day before, that's all anyone caught.

There is still evidence of damage which will take time, but life is good here in paradise. Puerto Paraiso Mall looks like a bomb went off inside one half, but the Luxury Avenue section was untouched.

The Hard Rock Cafe is open along with a new restaurant, Rock & Brew, on the marina side in the same plaza. It's related to Kiss. Gene Simmons was here for the grand opening a week ago.

The beaches are much narrower than before the hurricane, it will take time to re-generate. All beach activities are back in swing, Tabascos is open. Fishing is definitely available, some days are better than others. My husband went two days ago and caught a marlin, but there were no dorado or tuna in site, whereas the day before, that's all anyone caught.

There is still evidence of damage which will take time, but life is good here in paradise. Puerto Paraiso Mall looks like a bomb went off inside one half, but the Luxury Avenue section was untouched.

THANK YOU very much for the response! Can't wait to visit Cabo for the first time in April!!

• 4 weeks later...
Anyone know if the Hard Rock Cafe in Cabo has re-opened post hurricane? I am going to Cabo in April and really want to add another HRC to my visit list, but I am unsure if it is operaing again. There hasnt been a new tripadvisor review of it since September.

We just got back from cruising to Cabo for NYE...we are also HRC collectors/visitors so we were excited and surprised to see a HRC that we didn't know was there. However we just received a reply from Hard Rock International when we tried to get credit showing we visited the Cabo location on our Hard Rock profile (nerdy right?) and they informed us that they do NOT have an official Hard Rock Cafe in Cabo San Lucas, that it is an infringing unauthorized location that is not sanctioned or affiliated with Hard Rock therefore operating and using the HRC name illegally. Really surprised to find this out, since they had all of the normal decor and even merchandise just like every other HRC we have been to. Just an FYI!

We just got back from cruising to Cabo for NYE...we are also HRC collectors/visitors so we were excited and surprised to see a HRC that we didn't know was there. However we just received a reply from Hard Rock International when we tried to get credit showing we visited the Cabo location on our Hard Rock profile (nerdy right?) and they informed us that they do NOT have an official Hard Rock Cafe in Cabo San Lucas, that it is an infringing unauthorized location that is not sanctioned or affiliated with Hard Rock therefore operating and using the HRC name illegally. Really surprised to find this out, since they had all of the normal decor and even merchandise just like every other HRC we have been to. Just an FYI!

Yeah, the reason it has all the offical signage and decor is becuase it use to be an authorized franchise location. There was a dispute between the Mexico franchise holder and Hard Rock Corporate that was taken to court, with HR winning and stripping the Mexico Franchise Holder of their rights to operate a licensed franchise.

All of the other Mexico locations have closed except for Cancun & Cabo, which the former franchise holder continues to operate illegally.

So I know it won't count as an offical credit on my rewards tracker (I am a nerd too!, lol) It still counts as a visit for me personally, and I can still add a Cabo Shot Glass to my collection. Do you know what merchandise they had available, if any? Just curious since it cant get the offical stuff through the Hard Rock Corporate suppliers anymore I'm sure.

Yeah, the reason it has all the offical signage and decor is becuase it use to be an authorized franchise location. There was a dispute between the Mexico franchise holder and Hard Rock Corporate that was taken to court, with HR winning and stripping the Mexico Franchise Holder of their rights to operate a licensed franchise.

All of the other Mexico locations have closed except for Cancun & Cabo, which the former franchise holder continues to operate illegally.

So I know it won't count as an offical credit on my rewards tracker (I am a nerd too!, lol) It still counts as a visit for me personally, and I can still add a Cabo Shot Glass to my collection. Do you know what merchandise they had available, if any? Just curious since it cant get the offical stuff through the Hard Rock Corporate suppliers anymore I'm sure.

Good to know! Very interesting. Yea we were bummed it won't show up on our rewards tracker, but it still counted for us as a visit. We collect one woodgrain Hard Rock logo shirt, a glass, and a pin from each location we visit and add them to our display cases. We were able to get a shirt, I don't believe they had any glasses and they only had limited pins available.

Edited to add that we also visited the Vallarta Hard Rock Resort when we were in Puerto Vallarta for that same cruise. It is about 25-30 minute taxi ride from port but it is an absolutely beautiful resort and had a rock shop in it, so for the nerds in us it was totally worth it.

Edited by Krissica

• 1 month later...

Last year when we went we noticed really unkept furniture, broken furniture, bad service, just not the normal HR experience, called the corporate office to hear it was an unauthorized location not belonging to the real HC chain...too bad..

Last year when we went we noticed really unkept furniture, broken furniture, bad service, just not the normal HR experience, called the corporate office to hear it was an unauthorized location not belonging to the real HC chain...too bad..

I hear a new official Hard Rock is in the works for Cabo. They have already opened a new official location in Cozumel to replace the old one, and Cabo & Cancun should not be far behind.

There is also an all inclusive Hard Rock Resort planned for Cabo, but it won't open until 2016 or 17.