Princess transfer Vancouver

scmexico

We arrive at YVR a week before our cruise and rent a car for a few days. We are returning the rental on the day of the cruise and have booked the Princess transfer. Where can I find the bus. I will look for anyone with a Princess clip board or logo. We will be at YVR about 9AM.

We arrive at YVR a week before our cruise and rent a car for a few days. We are returning the rental on the day of the cruise and have booked the Princess transfer. Where can I find the bus. I will look for anyone with a Princess clip board or logo. We will be at YVR about 9AM.

Did you log into your cruise personalizer, click on the button for Itinerary, and then open the details for the first day? That is where I have found instructions for meeting the Princess transfer.

You haven't indicated which company you are renting from but most will shuttle you to Canada Place where you will find the transfer coach. The shuttle driver should take you within a few feet of it other wise just look for a Princess Shore Rep who will direct you. As you are facing the passenger entrance to Canada Place you will see a bunch of buses to the left and your coach will be among them.

You haven't indicated which company you are renting from but most will shuttle you to Canada Place where you will find the transfer coach. The shuttle driver should take you within a few feet of it other wise just look for a Princess Shore Rep who will direct you. As you are facing the passenger entrance to Canada Place you will see a bunch of buses to the left and your coach will be among them.

PutterDude, I think you've got it backwards.

The way I read OP's post, they are renting a car at the airport BEFORE their cruise and returning it to the airport the DAY OF the cruise. They expect to use a Princess transfer to get them from the airport to Canada Place so they can embark the ship.

OP wants to know where to pick up the transfer at the YVR airport, not at Canada Place.

Now, if you're suggesting they can find an in-town place where they can return their car, that's a different story and they could then save the cost of the Princess transfer.

Edited by beg3yrs

I've had really good luck renting at the airport and returning downtown or at the cruise terminal itself in Vancouver, without a drop charge.

One alternative you might also consider: drop people and baggage at the terminal, and send one person back to either the airport (easy to find, very clear signage from downtown) or a downtown drop location. Then use Skytrain back to the terminal.

PutterDude, I think you've got it backwards.

The way I read OP's post, they are renting a car at the airport BEFORE their cruise and returning it to the airport the DAY OF the cruise. They expect to use a Princess transfer to get them from the airport to Canada Place so they can embark the ship.

OP wants to know where to pick up the transfer at the YVR airport, not at Canada Place.

Now, if you're suggesting they can find an in-town place where they can return their car, that's a different story and they could then save the cost of the Princess transfer.

I did miss it...thanks.:o

But yes, I would certainly be inclined to cancel the transfer, drop the car at a the company's downtown location and have them shuttle me to Canada Place. Better still, I would drive to Canada Place, check my luggage with the porters, leave my traveling companions there and then return the car to the downtown location. Actually National is at Canada Place, Thrifty's, Avis and Budget are all walkable to Canada Place without luggage.

On another thread the poster has indicated he is faced with a $100 drop fee if he returns the car downtown. That's a huge disincentive. However alternatives to a Princess transfer would be a cab at a cost of about $35 or the less convenient but less expensive Canada Line which will cost you $9 per adult or a little less on weekends....but does require about 3 blocks of walking.

On another thread the poster has indicated he is faced with a $100 drop fee if he returns the car downtown. That's a huge disincentive. However alternatives to a Princess transfer would be a cab at a cost of about $35 or the less convenient but less expensive Canada Line which will cost you $9 per adult or a little less on weekends....but does require about 3 blocks of walking.

The Princess transfer for next year is $24.00 each person. I'd be incline to do what VibeGuy mentioned, drop baggage and other travelers at Canada Place, head to the airport, turn-in the car and pick up the Princess shuttle outside of the Baggage Claims. Just look for the rep.

The Princess transfer for next year is $24.00 each person. I'd be incline to do what VibeGuy mentioned, drop baggage and other travelers at Canada Place, head to the airport, turn-in the car and pick up the Princess shuttle outside of the Baggage Claims. Just look for the rep.

I am curious why he would go to all that trouble, YVR to Canada Place return is a minimum of 1.25 hours plus the cost of fuel. Why not take a cab for the $35 (per cab) or the Canada Line for $9 per person.:confused:

Having just came thru YVR yesterday there are cruise line reps all around the baggage area BUT you can not get to them. Look in the arrival area and you should be able to find a Princess rep there somewhere. Or ask any cruise line rep where they are at.