Past carnival cruiser

smeck

Only past passenger fares

:confused: Really, how does this work? I've sailed Carnival and was not able to get past guest fare for our upcoming Princess cruise. In fact neither was my husband who has been on Princess, because it was so long ago and he had gone with his parents or something like that.

We've already paid and are past final payment, do you think I should call and inquire? Thanks

:confused: Really, how does this work? I've sailed Carnival and was not able to get past guest fare for our upcoming Princess cruise. In fact neither was my husband who has been on Princess, because it was so long ago and he had gone with his parents or something like that.

We've already paid and are past final payment, do you think I should call and inquire? Thanks

You can always call... but since you're past final payment... Also, sometimes there is little to no difference between past guest fares versus regular fares. I don't think you'd be missing much...

If your husband was over 18 and he can prove he was on a Princess ship, he can still get credit.

Whomever you booked with should have asked you if you are a Past Guest on PCL or any Carnival Corp ship .

Give them a call . Can't hurt .

On the plus side , Past Guest fares are not always the best fare that you may qualify for ( SR , Res , Flash , etc. , may be better ) On the neg side , you should have asked these questions with whomever you booked with , before Final date.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Not all past guest fares are available to other CCL / World Leading Cruise passengers. You have to keep in mind that although all of these companies are owned by Carnival Corp , they only use the term World Leading Cruise Lines for marketing purposes. They are not organized like airline alliances. I realized this when I was about to take my first Princess Cruise. I was not eligible for many past guest fares even though I was already platinum on Carnival. To a certain extent I do understand the rational, given the diversity in offerings between their different cruise lines (e.g. Carnival to Cunard to Seaborn) it would be difficult to come up with a scheme to allow for aligned benefits.

Sent from my iPad using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

Do you perchance have a source for this? I've talked to 4 different folks at Princess and they've all said no.

One did suggest VIP (vacation interchange program) but that only knocked $50 off.

This is correct, in general. And that $50 is off Launch Fares! :eek: You can always do better with current promotions.

Whomever you booked with should have asked you if you are a Past Guest on PCL or any Carnival Corp ship .

Give them a call . Can't hurt .

On the plus side , Past Guest fares are not always the best fare that you may qualify for ( SR , Res , Flash , etc. , may be better ) On the neg side , you should have asked these questions with whomever you booked with , before Final date.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I should've asked? Ummmm ok.

I may call anyway, since no where in the fine print did it read that I should ask about past guest fares since I sailed Carnival.

My husband went when he was 17 with his parents for a graduation present. This is why they wouldn't honor that, he was still a kid. Never a mention of other lines we may have sailed as adults.

I may call anyway, since no where in the fine print did it read that I should ask about past guest fares since I sailed Carnival.

My husband went when he was 17 with his parents for a graduation present. This is why they wouldn't honor that, he was still a kid. Never a mention of other lines we may have sailed as adults.

This is why you need a good TA, who definitely would have asked. And if you booked on line yourself, the question was there for you to answer. Unfortunately you booked with someone who had little knowledge. It was not up to you to ask. If you dealt with a live person, they should have asked you.

Actually, since you sailed with Carnival, Princess should most likely have you in their database...

As for your husband, they should give him status if he can prove that he sailed with them. It doesn't matter what age he was at the time.