Port of Miami hotel

flyboysmom

Going on a cruise out of Miami in February and went to book my favorite hotel Holiday Inn near the Bayside Market and it is full. Want to be near Bayside shops, has anyone stayed near there but not over the top in price at a hotel. Thank you I am so disappointed about our regular hotel. :)

Going on a cruise out of Miami in February and went to book my favorite hotel Holiday Inn near the Bayside Market and it is full. Want to be near Bayside shops, has anyone stayed near there but not over the top in price at a hotel. Thank you I am so disappointed about our regular hotel. :)

Check the InterContinental (just down the street) for internet specials or thru LMT. Ken

"Fond" memories of that Holiday Inn. My mother was mugged as we were exiting that hotel to go to Bayside. A man came out of nowhere and tried to grab her purse. My mother resisted and the man grabbed her by the arms and threw her against the curve like a ragdoll, cutting her head open and fracturing her arm. He then grabbed her purse and took off running. This happened on a Saturday at 11:00am, with several people walking by.

Needless to say, I have ZERO desire to stay in the downtown Miami area after that. :(

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

could there be a convention booked for your date..?

I would be happy to check for you if you post the date you are looking for a hotel.:)

Bill

Going on a cruise out of Miami in February and went to book my favorite hotel Holiday Inn near the Bayside Market and it is full.

Good? Sorry, couldn't resist. :p I understand you enjoy the place but we would never stay there again. Tapi, sorry about your Mom. :(

...it was so hard to believe that hotels book up that far in advance.

But it's already almost October - I'm not surprised at all that it is full.

OK anyway, why do you need to be near Bayside? I feel you are limiting yourself with that stipulation. Miami is incredible and there are many different areas you could stay in and still be a short cab ride to the Port in the morning. You could search in Coral Gables, Coconut Grove, Miami Beach, Blue Lagoon.

EDITED TO ADD: If you feel you must stay near Bayside, we have stayed at the Marriott Biscayne Bay and it was great. This was a few years ago before their renovations. I'm sure it's even better now.

Edited by Langley Cruisers

Another vote for the Intercontinental on Chopin Plaza. Fits your criteria and you should be able to get it on LMT under your budget. Am staying there in January, 2015 for less than $200.00 per night. Good Luck

P.S. If you cannot do this you might also look at the Marriott chain which has a nice hotel near the Mary Brickell Village area in downtown Miami and the already mentioned Marriott Marquis.

If it's one night, and you just want a clean hotel..but close to the Bayside as well as the Port...then the Holiday Inn is great. My agent got it for me with tax for $124

Personally...I can't see spending and extra $75 plus for one night in a room.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

If it's one night, and you just want a clean hotel..but close to the Bayside as well as the Port...then the Holiday Inn is great. My agent got it for me with tax for $124... Personally...I can't see spending and extra $75 plus for one night in a room.

Clean? That's debatable. Have read many stories to the contrary, sorry. :p

This thread was written by someone who can't get into HI POM and asked about other options.

Clean? That's debatable. Have read many stories to the contrary, sorry. :p

This thread was written by someone who can't get into HI POM and asked about other options.

Seriously? Why are you so rude?

My personal experiences have been with clean rooms at the HI POM, and I am very picky.

And if you get the right agent, most likely you can get a room. I've gotten rooms at booked places before.

I was just trying to help......

I was sharing my opinion of this hotel, just as you were. We have stayed there - we did not find it to be clean or a great deal or anything else wonderful. Breakfast was incredibly expensive. The elevator was slow. I didn't like it there and I will not stay there again. Many people on this board and at tripadvisor.com feel the same way. That's all I was saying. :)

It wasn't my intention to be rude to you. Sometimes the written word can come across differently than the author intended. As I said, I didn't mean to appear rude. I'm sorry if you felt otherwise.

I was sharing my opinion of this hotel, just as you were. We have stayed there - we did not find it to be clean or a great deal or anything else wonderful. Breakfast was incredibly expensive. The elevator was slow. I didn't like it there and I will not stay there again. Many people on this board and at tripadvisor.com feel the same way. That's all I was saying. :)

It wasn't my intention to be rude to you. Sometimes the written word can come across differently than the author intended. As I said, I didn't mean to appear rude. I'm sorry if you felt otherwise.

Thank for the clarification. You are right, sometimes words can be taken differently on paper. Thank you.

This is not a luxury hotel.....it is the Holiday Inn....but if you need a place just to lay your head pre cruise, then it just be the right place for you. Oh and the breakfast at Bayside was excellent, I would prefer not to eat at the Holiday Inn...

There are 151 people on Tripadvisor that agree with you, poor or terrible, but out of the 1,223 people who feel that their stay there was average to excellent, well you can't please everyone!